Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

man
Banned
Banned

What did Jesus die for?

Post #1

Post by man »

I'm not talking about Jesus ding for your sins or any silly philosophical nonsense like that, I am talking about the reality of the day to day circumstances surrounding his execution at the time.

Why did the religious people at the time ask the government to execute Jesus?

The religious people asked the government to execute him because they believed he was a heretic.

Being a heretic is the sin Jesus died for in the eyes of the religious people that demanded his execution.

man
Banned
Banned

Re: What did Jesus die for?

Post #21

Post by man »

Yahu wrote:
man wrote: I'm not talking about Jesus ding for your sins or any silly philosophical nonsense like that
That isn't silly philosophical nonsense it is fact according to scripture and is to be taken as fact in the subforum.
No, you are wrong once again.

Silly philosophical nonsense and fact according to scripture are synonyms.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #22

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote:
Elijah John wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by man]

The account itself is clear enough, Jesus was accursed of blasphemy and although innocent found guilty in the religious court. But, according to Luke, those same religious leaders changed their charges when before Pilate accusing him (Jesus) of:

“ [1] subverting our nation, [2] forbidding the paying of taxes to Caesar, and [3] saying he himself is Christ a king.�—Luke 23:2.

JW
From your JW pov, (addressed to onewithhim as well) what do you think was the cause of those original blasphemy charges? Evangelicals often say it was because Jesus claimed to be God, I'm guessing you folks don't agree?

Others here say it was because Jesus declared sins forgiven, and the Jewish authorities didn't like that.
The religious leaders were looking for ANYTHING to accuse Jesus of, and, knowing very well that he did not claim to be God but claimed to be God's SON, ACCUSED him of making himself equal to God----which he refuted immediately---so that they could pin something on him and possibly do away with him to shut him up. It was a totally trumped-up charge!

Indeed, when he was nailed to the 'cross,' the religious leaders were making disparaging remarks about him, but it is significant that they didn't say then "he claimed to be God!"....they said, "He has put his trust in God; let Him now rescue him if He wants him, for he said, 'I am God's Son.'" (Matthew 27:43)

See, they knew, absolutely, that Jesus never claimed to be God. If he did, they would have said so when they were jeering at him.

:-| [/b][/u]
Well, man, you didn't respond to my post #13, which I bumped up here to page three. Any comment?

:?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #23

Post by JehovahsWitness »

man wrote: Silly philosophical nonsense and fact according to scripture are synonyms.
What is the scriptural support for this statement?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

man
Banned
Banned

Post #24

Post by man »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
man wrote: Silly philosophical nonsense and fact according to scripture are synonyms.
It’s in the FSM version bible.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #25

man wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

I come here for serious bible based analysis, not trite one line answers full of sarcasm. If you have scriptural support for your position feel free to present it but in this sub-forum the guidelines state that the bible (with its accepted bible canon) is authorative so while I respect you may have an alternative interpretation of that canon, I am asking for support for that interpretation. References would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

man
Banned
Banned

Post #26

Post by man »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
man wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

I come here for serious bible based analysis, not trite one line answers full of sarcasm. If you have scriptural support for your position feel free to present it but in this sub-forum the guidelines state that the bible (with its accepted bible canon) is authorative so while I respect you may have an alternative interpretation of that canon, I am asking for support for that interpretation. References would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JW
Well, I figure god sent me to you for a reason, maybe you should think about why he did that.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #27

man wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
man wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

Thanks,

JW
Well, I figure god sent me to you for a reason, maybe you should think about why he did that.
Was there a part of what I wrote that you need clarification on? because I cannot see that you have addressed the point I have made ie my request for scriptural support for your (original) point. I do not come to a debating forum to read personal comments about my person or my relationship with God.

Thanks,
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

man
Banned
Banned

Post #28

Post by man »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
man wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
man wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

Thanks,

JW
Was there a part of what I wrote that you need clarification on? because I cannot see that you have addressed the point I have made ie my request for scriptural support for your (original) point.
I want scriptural support for your point.

Are your personal opinions about me in this forum found anywhere in the bible?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #29

[Replying to post 28 by man]

It seems evident to me you have not as yet supported your conclusions with scripture.

Have an excellent day anyway,

JW

man
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by man »

[Replying to post 29 by JehovahsWitness]

It seems evident to me you have not as yet supported your conclusions with scripture either.

Have an excellent day, but spend some time thinking about why god has sent me to you, bye-bye.