Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2191

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2190]

In Paradise we "'will build houses and live in them, plant vineyards and eat [and drink] their fruitage. [We] will not build for someone else to inhabit, nor plant for others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, and the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full. They will not toil for nothing....The wolf and the lamb will feed together, the lion will eat straw just like the bull, and the serpent's food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain, says Jehovah.'" (Isaiah 65:21-25)

How awesome! The mansions of our choice! Abundant food and drink! Endless life! The animals turned to docility and complete harmony with humans! What could be better??

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2192

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:48 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2190]

In Paradise we "'will build houses and live in them, plant vineyards and eat [and drink] their fruitage. [We] will not build for someone else to inhabit, nor plant for others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, and the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full. They will not toil for nothing....The wolf and the lamb will feed together, the lion will eat straw just like the bull, and the serpent's food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain, says Jehovah.'" (Isaiah 65:21-25)

How awesome! The mansions of our choice! Abundant food and drink! Endless life! The animals turned to docility and complete harmony with humans! What could be better??

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2193

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:44 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:48 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2190]

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2194

Post by JehovahsWitness »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:43 am
onewithhim wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:44 pm

And of course the previous hope of the ressurection. With world events turnjng from bad to worse what a comfort to have a hope.

Not long now

JW!
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Tcg
Savant

Post #2195

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:03 am
Not long now

JW!
One has to wonder how many millennia this claim has been presented. What we do know is that it has never been shown to be true.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2196

Tcg wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:19 pm
Not long now

JW!
One has to wonder how many millennia this claim has been presented. What we do know is that it has never been shown to be true.

Tcg
Would you like a bible explanation?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Tcg
Savant

Post #2197

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:38 pm
Not long now

JW!

Tcg
Why would a statement of fact need an explanation?

Tcg

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2198

Tcg wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:46 pm
Not long now

JW!

RELATED POSTS

Tcg

Tcg

Because you were wondering about a point related to my bible based comment in a forum devoted to theology, Doctrine, and Dogma. So would you like to further the discussion by inviting me to provide supportrive scriptures along with explanations?

You can say "no" if you like.

Tcg
Savant

Post #2199

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:33 pm
Tcg wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:46 pm
Not long now

JW!

RELATED POSTS

Tcg

Tcg

Because you were wondering about a point related to my bible based comment in a forum devoted to theology, Doctrine, and Dogma. So would you like to further the discussion by inviting me to provide supportrive scriptures along with explanations?

You can say "no" if you like.
You need no invitation from me to post whatever you like.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2200

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Tcg in post #2199]

There may have been people that were hoping for the end over the past millennia, but if we examine the Scriptures we can see that there never before have been the elements of the end of the system of things that we can deduce now. Jesus said that one of the signs of the end of the age would be war of the kind that is unprecedented. There have been wars since time began, but never a world war. That's why the first WW was called a world war....World War I. Unprecedented. This happened in 1914. That began the last days of this system of things. Read Matthew chapter 24 again. All the things Jesus said would signify the end of the system, and we see the things he mentioned along with the nations rising against nations. It's all happening now, in unprecedented amounts. Earthquakes (see Luke 21), lawlessness, famine, diseases.....like never before.

Look up the Immense Image of Daniel chapter 2 on Google and notice where we are on this image. We are in the feet, and the feet is the last Kingdom before God's own Kingdom takes over the earth. We are so close now. Centuries ago the people did not have the prophecies coming true like we have today.