Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1321

Post by JehovahsWitness »

You wrote your opinion, I am asking for a scripture.

You admit that the future subjects of the rulers will not be anointed (correct me if I'm wrong) but you fail to prove that those future (unanointed) subjects cannot become Christians today.

tam wrote: All Christians in the examples from what is written are indeed anointed with holy spirit.
So? So what?! I'm not saying there were no anointed Cnristians in the first century, I am contending your claim (correct me if that is not what you are saying) that there cannot be any unanointed Christians today. It seems to me your faulty conclusion is based on a definition of Christian that cannot be found in scripture, namely that all Christians must be anointed to be considered Christians.

Yet you fail to prove this.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #1322

Post by tam »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote: All Christians in the examples from what is written are indeed anointed with holy spirit. There is no example or teaching otherwise. Your own religion teaches that all first century Christians were anointed (and that would be all the examples of Christians that we have in what is written).

You wrote your opinion I am asking for a scripture (with the word anointed in it) that proves that the future subjects of the rulers (which you admit will not be anointed, correct me if I'm wrong) cannot become Christians.
In addition to what was already said...

John, speaking to Christians:

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.[e] 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 1 John 2:20

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him. 1John 2:27

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1323

[Replying to post 1319 by tam]

Again you are using logical fallacy. If I point out that all police cars are blue and white does that prove no cars can be yellow? Christ was anointed, Christs bride is anointed. But you go beyond that, you claim no Christian can be unanointed (I am still waiting for that scripture) although you admit that in paradise there will be unanointed subjects of those very individuals!

Obviously the subjects were alive on earth before Christs return and evidently doing things that meet with Christs approval, but he dooesnt call these ones his "brothers".

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #1324

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:

You admit that the future subjects of the rulers will not be anointed (correct me if I'm wrong) but you fail to prove that those future (unanointed) subjects cannot become Christians today.
This is a strange comment/conclusion. I don't understand how you came up with it.

Non-anointed (non-Christian) people can certainly still be anointed with holy spirit; hence, they would then reign with Christ as kings and priests in His Kingdom for the thousand years.

If a person is not (yet) anointed with holy spirit, that person can still BE anointed with holy spirit. The door is still open.

Oh... I think I might understand why you commented as you did. The WTS teaches that your hope is set right now (earthly or heavenly - which you seem to define also as non-anointed or anointed).

But until Christ returns, the door is still open. So anyone not yet anointed with holy spirit (anyone not yet Christian)... can still BE anointed with holy spirit; as Christ chooses. That is up to Christ though, not us. He is the One who chooses.

Same as it happened in the first century.

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1325

tam wrote:

Non-anointed (non-Christian) people

You have yet to prove that non-anointed means "non-Christian people" I dont follow "tam teachings" I follow Cnrist, so I'm afraid you will have to prove this premise from the bible. We know anointed is associated with the future rulers, and "non-anojnted" with the future subjects, but you havent proven however that these future non-anointed subjects cannot be Christian.

Scripture please.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #1326

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1319 by tam]

Again you are using logical fallacy. If I point out that all police cars are blue and white does that prove no cars can be yellow? Christ was anointed, Christs bride is anointed. But you go beyond that, you claim no Christian can be unanointed (I am still waiting for that scripture)
There are no non-anointed Christians in scripture.

If the WTS is teaching that there are non-anointed Christians, then the WTS is the one going beyond what is written.

although you admit that in paradise there will be unanointed subjects of those very individuals!
Which 'very individuals' are you referring to here?

This is not a rhetorical question. I am not saying anything contradictory, so I am asking this question as I am trying to figure out where you are misunderstanding what I have said.

Obviously the subjects were alive on earth before Christs return and evidently doing things that meet with Christs approval, but he dooesnt call these ones his "brothers".
Correct. Christians (the Bride) are already gathered up to Christ upon His return. The sheep (from the sheep and the goats parable) is not referring to Christians. They are people from the nations - from any religion and/or from no religion (atheists). Anyone who has done good to Christ (unknowingly), by doing good to even a least one of His brothers. Like people who have done good to angels (unknowingly), by doing good to strangers (who are actually angels).

These are people of the nations who do these things BY NATURE (Romans 2:13-16).

These ones are also invited into the Kingdom, and receive eternal life, all due to the great mercy and love of God (and of His Son).

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1327

tam wrote:
There are no non-anointed Christians in scripture.
Does that mean there would never be? Did Jesus not indicate future developments?

tam
Savant

Post #1328

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1323 by tam]

You dont know that.

But Christ does.

Peace again to you,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1329

[Replying to post 1325 by tam]

Of course are you Christ? Did Jesus not indicate future developments?

If all the apples in this bowl are red does this prove there can be no such thing as a green apple?
JOHN 10:16 - ESV

And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

We know there will be unanointed subjects living on earth under the anointed rulers. On that we agree. We know that individuals will have gained Christs approval BEFORE his return by the way they treated his "brothers". (We know the anointed are adopted as sons of God which would make them "brothers" of Christ).

We know that just because all the apples in a bowl are red it doesnt mean all apples MUST be red (logical fallacy) !
And we know you have been unable to prove a person MUST be anointed to be a follower of Christ.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #1330

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to post 1326 by JehovahsWitness]

And we know you have been unable to prove a person MUST be anointed to be a follower of Christ.
But I never said one must be anointed (with holy spirit <- this is what a person is anointed with) in order to be a follower of Christ.

A disciple is a follower of Christ.

The apostles were disciples of Christ before they were Christian (anointed with holy spirit).

Peace again to you,
tammy