Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #2961

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:34 pm
onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:11 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:44 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:11 am
There will be no "accidents" or murders or any other deadly events in Paradise. After Armageddon we are promised that there will be peace and love. We don't know exactly how accidents will be prevented, but it is a promise that there will be no more pain or death.
Oh, Oh, I know how He will do it! :D

That verse describes our new spiritual bodies which will be free of any pain and never die!

That's contrary to your everlasting, pain sensitive, mythical, physical, human bodies.

Now you know.
Now I know that you twist the Scriptures and make up your own scenarios. Everlasting, painless, physical human bodies is just what there will be for millions of people on this Earth.

Paul describes the buried bodies of Christians as natural bodies, and the resurrected bodies of Christians as spiritual bodies:

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)
Paul wasn't speaking of just buried bodies. He was speaking about human beings that were alive. There are two types of bodies---natural bodies that physical, live humans have, and spirit bodies that angels have (and Jehovah and Jesus) and also those who are resurrected to heavenly life to reign with Christ. There is a relatively small group that is going to reign with Christ OVER the millions of physical humans on Earth. (Revelation 20:4b, 6b)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2962

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:55 am
Paul describes the buried bodies of Christians as natural bodies, and the resurrected bodies of Christians as spiritual bodies:

Paul wasn't speaking of just buried bodies. He was speaking about human beings that were alive.
Why would living humans need to be resurrected?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2963

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:07 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:55 am

Paul wasn't speaking of just buried bodies. He was speaking about human beings that were alive.
Why would living humans need to be resurrected?
They wouldn't. Paul wasn't talking solely about people in their graves when he spoke of the different types of bodies.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2964

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #2963]

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. (I Corinthians 15:42-45)

This scripture is not complicated.

The Christian human body that is sown upon one's death is corruptible, dishonored, weak, and a natural body. This is the physical body which is buried like a seed, or sown, when we die.

At the resurrection, Christians are raised up as incorruptible, glorified, powerful, spiritual bodies.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2965

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:13 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2963]

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. (I Corinthians 15:42-45)

The Christian human body that is sown upon one's death is corruptible, dishonored, weak, and a natural body. This is the physical body which is buried like a seed, or sown, when we die.

At the resurrection, Christians are raised up as incorruptible, glorified, powerful, spiritual bodies.
No, only those who are anointed to reign with Christ in heaven over the earth will be raised in spirit bodies. I have asked you---if everything is spirit after Armageddon, why does the Bible show that there will be animals on the earth and a little child leading them? (Isaiah 11:6-9). Surely the animals and the child are not spirits.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2966

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 am
myth-one.com wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:13 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #2963]

No, only those who are anointed to reign with Christ in heaven over the earth will be raised in spirit bodies.

Paul is writing to Christians. What are your Bible references that Paul refers only to those Christians who are "anointed to reign with Christ in heaven over the earth?"
onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 amI have asked you---if everything is spirit after Armageddon, why does the Bible show that there will be animals on the earth and a little child leading them? (Isaiah 11:6-9). Surely the animals and the child are not spirits.

The New Testament is between God and mankind. The other animals were not a party to that covenant. So the animals remain as natural bodied creatures.

A child of God is leading the animals. That child of God is a spiritual bodied being performing tasks under leadership of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2967

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 am

No, only those who are anointed to reign with Christ in heaven over the earth will be raised in spirit bodies.

Paul is writing to Christians. What are your Bible references that Paul refers only to those Christians who are "anointed to reign with Christ in heaven over the earth?"
onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 amI have asked you---if everything is spirit after Armageddon, why does the Bible show that there will be animals on the earth and a little child leading them? (Isaiah 11:6-9). Surely the animals and the child are not spirits.

The New Testament is between God and mankind. The other animals were not a party to that covenant. So the animals remain as natural bodied creatures.

A child of God is leading the animals. That child of God is a spiritual bodied being performing tasks under leadership of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'm sorry....that's a real stretch. I don't see that thinking in any part of the Bible. :? But thank you for answering, anyway.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2968

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:31 pm

I'm sorry....that's a real stretch. I don't see that thinking in any part of the Bible. :? But thank you for answering, anyway.
Then you didn't look close enough:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

The "real stretch" is your private interpretation that human Christians will have everlasting natural bodied life on the earth.

Why would we desire that when the scriptures offer us everlasting spiritual bodied life?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2969

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:48 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:31 pm

Then you didn't look close enough:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ ... (Romans 8:16-17)

The "real stretch" is your private interpretation that human Christians will have everlasting natural bodied life on the earth.

Why would we desire that when the scriptures offer us everlasting spiritual bodied life?
Because we were created to live here, and we have a natural longing to live forever, here. Most people feel that way, your idea notwithstanding. We also appreciate the beautiful earth that God has given us, with all of its benefits for our enjoyment. God wouldn't have given us such wonderful diversity if He was going to chuck it all and make everybody spirit people. Most of us are awed by the beauty and diversity of our life here on Earth. Spirit people couldn't enjoy a dip in the pool or a cool drink on the beach. They won't ride horses or play with the animals or have any more children. Physical people will enjoy all the things that God gave us to enjoy.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2970

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:48 pm The "real stretch" is your private interpretation that human Christians will have everlasting natural bodied life on the earth.

onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 am Because we were created to live here, and we have a natural longing to live forever, here. Most people feel that way, your idea notwithstanding. We also appreciate the beautiful earth that God has given us, with all of its benefits for our enjoyment. God wouldn't have given us such wonderful diversity if He was going to chuck it all and make everybody spirit people.
The problem is that all humans die!!

You have only a short period to enjoy the earth as a human.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 am Spirit people couldn't enjoy a dip in the pool or a cool drink on the beach. They won't ride horses or play with the animals or have any more children.
Yea? Tell me all about spirit people. I know they can move as the wind, they live forever, they don't thirst, hunger, or feel pain.

No human can say the same!
onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:59 am Physical people will enjoy all the things that God gave us to enjoy.
Yes, for a very limited time.

Spirits can probably do that and much more than that for eternity!! :D