Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1811

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:03 am Dear Onewithhim,

Who made you a judge over the great patriarch Adam?

By what authority do you deny him the privilege of repentance?
Where does the bible refer to Adam' s repentance?

Why do de need a last Adam if the first one adequately fulfilled his commission?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1812

Post by Revelations won »

Dear JW,

My questions were, however, addressed to Onewithhim.

You did however respond to two of my questions. Your response was:

"Where does the bible refer to Adam' s repentance?

Why do de need a last Adam if the first one adequately fulfilled his commission?"

My réponse to you:

Are you implying that God only allows some the opportunity to repent and denies others the same privilege?

Next, you stated that the "first Adam adequately fulfilled his commission". Would you please explain what you mean by your statement?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: ,

Post #1813

Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am
Are you implying that God only allows some the opportunity to repent and denies others the same privilege?
No I am saying that the first requirement for forgiveness is repentance , it is not automatic (see Acts 3:19) and there is nothing in the bible that indicates Adam repented nor that he was forgiven.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: ,

Post #1814

Post by PinSeeker »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:32 am Are you implying that God only allows some the opportunity to repent and denies others the same privilege?
No I am saying that the first requirement for forgiveness is repentance...
Right, but if one is heart-regenerate -- born again of the Spirit -- and thus a Christian, he/she will not fail to repent (at least eventually), because he/she will feel at some point the weight of sin and the need to confess and repent. Repentance is the result of faith, which itself is the gift of God (Ephesians 2). God's kindness/mercy leads us to repentance (Romans 2:4). And He Who began a good work in us will bring it to completion at the Day of Christ (Philippians 1:6). It is God working in us so that we will and work to His pleasure/glory (Philippians 2:13). [/quote]
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm ... it is not automatic (see Acts 3:19) and there is nothing in the bible that indicates Adam repented nor that he was forgiven.
Well of course forgiveness of sins is not automatic, but it is inevitable, because repentance is inevitable if, again, one is truly heart-regenerate of the Lord.

As for Adam, I would disagree. There's no outright statement that Adam either repented or was forgiven, but there's no outright statement made in the Bible Adam failed to repent or was not forgiven, either. Having said that, though, Adam knew what it was like before the Fall. He also feared the Lord after the Fall. Further, when we read Genesis 4, we see that Abel came to the Lord in faith (his sacrificial offering was pleasing to the Lord), while Cain did not come to the Lord in faith (his offering was not sacrificial and was not pleasing to the Lord. The point is not about Cain and Abel, per se, but that Adam and Eve as the parents of Cain and Abel obviously taught their children what to do and how to do it; they taught them the fear the Lord and the need to make sacrificial offerings in faith. So in this, we see something of Adam and his heart; it's safe to assume that he (and Eve) surely repented and was (were) forgiven.

Grace and peace to you.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1815

Post by Revelations won »

Dear JW,

Thank you for your response.

I do not recall anywhere in the Bible that Adam was unforgiven eternally and sent to hell forever. The book of Genesis presents very little regarding Adam and Eve after the expulsion from the Garden. God did not place a curse on Adam. As I recall the Lord did however curse the ground FOR their sake. In fact he showed great mercy for Adam and Eve by even making clothing for them. I would suspect that he also taught them this talent of clothing making also.

Were we sent to this earth to be tested and tried to see if we could learn to obey God's commandments?

As I see it no one is exempted from temptation and the exercise of agency to choose. This is certainly God's plan for our mortal probation period. Even the only begotten Son of God was not exempt from the trials of this mortal probation. If Christ himself was not exempt from these trials, then why should we sinners expect any exemption from temptation? Are we better than he?

1. Did the Lord intend for us to exercise agency to choose good or evil during the period of mortality?

2. Did God in His eternal wisdom plan for us to face temptation and opposition in order to exercise agency to choose good or evil during mortality?

3. Is there evidence from the scriptures to support this position?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1816

Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 pm The book of Genesis presents very little regarding Adam and Eve after the expulsion from the Garden.
So from where cometh your certitude Adam repented?
Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 pm God did not place a curse on Adam. As I recall the Lord did however curse the ground FOR their sake.
What would you call God condeming Adam to death, a blessing?
Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 pm In fact he showed great mercy for Adam and Eve by even making clothing for them.
Gods mercy is not in doubt, he is merciful to both the righteous and the wicked. The question is about Adams supposed repenance and subsequent forgiveness.
Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 pm I would suspect that he also taught them this talent of clothing making also.

I am not interested in what you suspect. I am interested in SCRIPTURE not your “private interpretations". That taught them this talent of clothmaking is merely conjecture, speculation and a “private interpretation” on your part.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #1817

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

Just a quick couple of points:

God did not condemn Adam to death. Adam died because he ate from the tree of knowing good/life and bad/death.

God did not warn Adam and Eve that if they ate from that tree, He (God) would condemn them to death. He warned them that if they ate from that tree, they would die. Cause and effect. Not action and punishment.

Perhaps Adam did repent; that would be between Him and God. Regardless, God may have mercy upon whomever He chooses.

Peace to you both,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1818

tam wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:53 pm
God did not warn Adam and Eve that if they ate from that tree, He (God) would condemn them to death. He warned them that if they ate from that tree, they would die.
No he didnt warn them, he COMMANDED them.
GENESIS 2:16, 17 NWT

Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it ...

What do we call it when we do something God has commanded us not to do?

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

SIN , DEATH and ...THE RANSOM

tam
Savant

Post #1819

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 pm
God did not warn Adam and Eve that if they ate from that tree, He (God) would condemn them to death. He warned them that if they ate from that tree, they would die.

Well sure, but I was referring to the warning God gave them on what would happen if they did eat: if you eat, you will die.

Cause and effect.

He did not punish them with death because they disobeyed His command. They died because they ate from something that would cause them to die (which God commanded them not to eat of it.) God does not give us commands just for the fun of it (as I am sure you agree). The commands He gives us is for our good, to keep us from harm.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1820

tam wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:26 pm Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Well sure....

Well sure what? What is the word when someone breaks God's commandements?

1 JOHN 3:4 - Contemporary English Version

Everyone who sins breaks God's law, because sin is the same as breaking God's law.

It doesnt matter what was in the tree, there could have been golden syrup in the tree. There could have been the botanique plague in the tree.. .There could have been a million savage pirates ready to cut their heads off with revolving blades in that tree ....The point is they broke God's command and we call that SIN. They sinned by doing what Jehovah told them not to do.

JAMES 1:15 - New King James Version

Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death
The bible says sin - not trees, not fruit- SIN sin brings forth death
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.