Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2521

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:18 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:27 am
Miles wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:58 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:51 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:16 pm If you're trying to imply the Bible, one of his works, is perfect, ...
I don't have to imply anything, the scriptures are there in black and white.

JW

In as much as I never asked you to prove the Bible is true, I take your little excursion into accusing me of such a blunder as an attempt to avoid the implication of my example.
So, to make it clear; I'm not asking you or anyone else to prove anything, but because you've asserted that the Bible is perfect I do ask you to simply explain how both Arphaxad and Cainan fathered Salah (sala). And that's it! Now, if you don't want to explain it, or can't, that's fine; however, as it stands it is an error: both assertions cannot be true. All of which means their source, the Bible, is in error, and hence not perfect.

Which also goes for how Jehoiachin was both eight and eighteen years old when he began to reign.---------Nice Trick.

Want to take on other Nice Tricks? I have plenty.

I believe I answered your little conundrum by saying that God inspired men to write His basic thoughts; He didn't dictate every word. Men were free to write something of their own recollection, you might say. Or how they felt about something.
Really! Speaking of the Bible, "Men were free to write something of their own recollection, you might say. Or how they felt about something." So some, much, a lot, or most of the Bible isn't god's word at all. Now that is interesting. Not that I don't go along with "not any of it is god's word," but to see an admission from a Christian such as yourself is pretty quirky. Ever consider taking the atheist route?

No, absolutely not. I believe that the Bible is God-inspired, and its message is from God. You can be amazed at my statement, or you can try and understand exactly what I said. Indeed, the apostle Paul said a couple of things that he admitted were not inspired by God to write down. (If you knew the Bible you would know what I'm talking about.) Yet we don't throw out Paul's statement.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2522

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:58 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:08 pm Today's Bibles are translations of the originals, and might contain errors.
No. We don't have any originals of any Biblical texts. Today's Bibles are translations of copies. Copies which themselves may contain errors.

Tcg
We don't have originals, but copyists of long ago were very cognizant of the accuracy of what they were copying. Even today, when we go to the original language copies we can see the errors of later translations and any copyist errors in later times. One big example: John 1:1 is butchered by later clergy-inspired copyists. The original Greek says "the logos was a god," meaning he was an important, powerful person, which is how the people of that day would understand it, not that the logos was God Almighty. Another example is John 8:58 which in the original Greek says, "Before Abraham was born, I existed." It has been really chopped up by later clerical additions and mangling of tenses. The Bible itself, in its original languages, is a bit different than most copies in English today. (Good grief, men have taken out God's personal name from the original texts! We can see all of the 7,000 times it is in the original text when we look at the Hebrew original. Just another example of erroneous additions or deletions.)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2523

Post by onewithhim »

Tcg wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:09 am
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:08 pm
Even so, things were written in the scriptures that mankind did not know as fact during those times. Such as the limit of 120 years of human life, life is in the blood, the earth is round, etc.
The interpretation of the 120 years as a limit of human lifespan is quite problematic for two reasons. Firstly, we have modern records of humans living beyond that age. Secondly, the Bible itself records lifespans that exceed 120 after the flood by a great deal. Here are some examples from Genesis 11:

Tcg
It is my understanding that the 120 years was the time that Noah would have to build the ark. Then that wicked population would be gone because of the Flood. It didn't mean that men would live to only 120, as you brought out.

Miles
Savant

Post #2524

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:29 am
Miles wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:18 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:27 am
Miles wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:58 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:51 pm
Miles wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:16 pm If you're trying to imply the Bible, one of his works, is perfect, ...
I don't have to imply anything, the scriptures are there in black and white.

JW

In as much as I never asked you to prove the Bible is true, I take your little excursion into accusing me of such a blunder as an attempt to avoid the implication of my example.
So, to make it clear; I'm not asking you or anyone else to prove anything, but because you've asserted that the Bible is perfect I do ask you to simply explain how both Arphaxad and Cainan fathered Salah (sala). And that's it! Now, if you don't want to explain it, or can't, that's fine; however, as it stands it is an error: both assertions cannot be true. All of which means their source, the Bible, is in error, and hence not perfect.

Which also goes for how Jehoiachin was both eight and eighteen years old when he began to reign.---------Nice Trick.

Want to take on other Nice Tricks? I have plenty.

I believe I answered your little conundrum by saying that God inspired men to write His basic thoughts; He didn't dictate every word. Men were free to write something of their own recollection, you might say. Or how they felt about something.
Really! Speaking of the Bible, "Men were free to write something of their own recollection, you might say. Or how they felt about something." So some, much, a lot, or most of the Bible isn't god's word at all. Now that is interesting. Not that I don't go along with "not any of it is god's word," but to see an admission from a Christian such as yourself is pretty quirky. Ever consider taking the atheist route?

No, absolutely not. I believe that the Bible is God-inspired, and its message is from God. You can be amazed at my statement, or you can try and understand exactly what I said. Indeed, the apostle Paul said a couple of things that he admitted were not inspired by God to write down. (If you knew the Bible you would know what I'm talking about.) Yet we don't throw out Paul's statement.
I readily admit I don't know the Bible as well as many do, so how about passing along what you know and cite those passages where Paul admitted that some of what he says in the Bible was not inspired by god.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2525

Post by myth-one.com »

Genesis 6:3 wrote: And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 am It is my understanding that the 120 years was the time that Noah would have to build the ark. Then that wicked population would be gone because of the Flood. It didn't mean that men would live to only 120, as you brought out.
So you're saying that God wasn't referring to all mankind in general, but only to that one wicked population?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2526

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Miles in post #2524]

I Corinthians 7:12

I Corinthians 7:25

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2527

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:53 pm
Genesis 6:3 wrote: And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 am It is my understanding that the 120 years was the time that Noah would have to build the ark. Then that wicked population would be gone because of the Flood. It didn't mean that men would live to only 120, as you brought out.
So you're saying that God wasn't referring to all mankind in general, but only to that one wicked population?
The "wicked population" WAS the world of mankind in general. The whole world was destroyed 120 years after God spoke to Noah about the ark situation.

Miles
Savant

Post #2528

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:47 pm [Replying to Miles in post #2524]

I Corinthians 7:12

I Corinthians 7:25
I'll be darned.

Thanks

otseng
Savant

Post #2529

Post by otseng »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:29 am (If you knew the Bible you would know what I'm talking about.)
Moderator Comment

Please avoid personal remarks.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2530

Post by onewithhim »

Paradise is coming SOON, as we see the signs of the times playing out. Everything Jesus mentioned (Matthew 24 and Luke 21) is unfolding before our eyes. It won't be long now. Even Daniel and Revelation make this clear. Please go to the website www.jw.org and search for the immense image of Daniel 2 for a start, and see what it says about where we are in the stream of time.