Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

tam
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1851

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Revelations won wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:40 pm Dear JW,

For starters, we should remember the Eve had partaken of the fruit of the "tree of knowledge of Good and Evil and would be cast out of the Garden of Eden. Thus Adam would have alone remained alone in the garden with no wife.
1 - We do not know what would have happened (even to Eve) had Adam not partaken. That is an entirely different scenario to what did happen. Adam did not know the future.

2 - Even if Eve had been cast out, your dilemma suggests that Adam was a prisoner in the Garden. He was not.
I suspect it might be a little difficult for them to obey the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth with her being sent to an unknown location outside the garden.
You seem to be making a few assumptions here. A - that Eve would have been cast out, B - that Adam knew this beforehand, C - that Adam would not have been permitted to leave with her (that Adam was a prisoner in the Garden of Eden), D - that Eve would have been sent to an unknown location; and E - that Adam did not want to eat of that tree all along. Otherwise, why would he not have reminded her of what God DID really say? Remember, Eve was deceived ("Did God really say not to eat...?) Adam was not deceived.

May I also call your attention to the fact that the lord did not curse Adam for partaking of the fruit, but cursed Satan (Genesis 3:14-15).
Okay, but note that God did say to Adam, "cursed is the ground because of you."

Note: I hear these unfounded claims that God cursed Adam for his choice from many sources. Such is clearly not the choice.
Well Adam pretty much cursed himself, didn't he? God warned him (and Eve) not to eat of that tree or they would die. The warning was not - eat and I will kill you. They ate, death entered into them, and they did die. Cause and effect. Action and consequence. God did not punish them with death. Dying was a natural consequence of eating from the tree of knowing good and bad(death).

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1852

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 am
What "dilemma" does obedience to God create?
Revelations won wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:40 pm ... Adam would have alone remained alone in the garden with no wife.
And you know this how...?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1853

Post by onewithhim »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:40 pm Dear JW,

For starters, we should remember the Eve had partaken of the fruit of the "tree of knowledge of Good and Evil and would be cast out of the Garden of Eden. Thus Adam would have alone remained alone in the garden with no wife.

I suspect it might be a little difficult for them to obey the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth with her being sent to an unknown location outside the garden.

May I also call your attention to the fact that the lord did not curse Adam for partaking of the fruit, but cursed Satan (Genesis 3:14-15).

Note: I hear these unfounded claims that God cursed Adam for his choice from many sources. Such is clearly not the choice.

Kind regards,
RW
Undoubtedly Jehovah would've created another woman to be Adam's wife, if Adam had remained faithful.

You don't think Adam was cursed? He immediately began to die (dying within a "day" according to Jehovah's viewpoint [Psalm 90:4; 2Peter 3:8]), and he was cast out of Eden to work the ground with the sweat of his brow---much more difficult than it would have been if he had remained faithful. Jehovah told him he would return to the dust; this was something that Adam was not intended to do. He was created to live forever.

heistrue
Student

Re:

Post #1854

Post by heistrue »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:57 am
tam wrote: Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote:
tam wrote:

How are these 144 000 going to assist Christ in governing the people of the earth, from heaven?

How have God and Christ been doing it up to now? They've been in heaven, haven't they? How have they been relating to humans all these many centuries?

no, that is just not what Scripture says is going to happen, you need to deal with your suppositions yourself..But of course, yes, if the Lord Yeshua did come to me and ask if I was ready to leave this world, and be with Him in Heaven, well yes, I would say yes I am, get me out of here ASAP!

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #1855

Post by theQuestion »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1]

Even though Jesus HIMSELF confirmed Jehovah's original, and current purpose of the Earth (and Peter and others),
Churchianity thinks they are all go to Heaven, and that God will destroy it....
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1856

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Onewithhim and Tammy,

Thank you for your responses. Please correct me if my understanding of your responses are not correct.

It appears that you believe that Adam and Eve should not have partaken of the fruit of the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" and remained in the garden forever with Satan.

Why did God create all the rest of the world and declare the it was ALL VERY GOOD?

Why did God cast Lucifer and all those who followed him out of heaven and sent them here to this earth?

Why did God allow Satan to come into the garden of eden in the first place?

You should remember that God did not cast satan out of the beautiful garden of Eden. So according to the record Satan remains freely in the garden today.

So do you know that mortality is a great and terrible mistake?

Please reveal what the scripture shows regarding the above questions.

Kind regards,
RW

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #1857

Post by theQuestion »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #1857]

That was a curious mixture of fact and fallacy.

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #1858

Post by theQuestion »

It appears that you believe that Adam and Eve should not have partaken of the fruit of the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" and remained in the garden forever with Satan.Remember that God did not cast satan out of the beautiful garden of Eden. So according to the record Satan remains freely in the garden today.

The Garden was destroyed in the Flood- at the very latest.

Why did God create all the rest of the world and declare the it was ALL VERY GOOD?
Because it WAS, and would be for the expansion of mankind.

Why did God cast Lucifer and all those who followed him out of heaven and sent them here to this earth?
"Lucifer" was the King of Babylon. Satan and demons chose treason, as Adam & Eve. He has ALLOWED it for all; and you should know WHY!

Why did God allow Satan to come into the garden of eden in the first place?
A test of Loyalty.

So do you know that mortality is a great and terrible mistake?
You mean, originally a Bad Choice?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1859

Post by Revelations won »

Dear the question,

You responded: "That was a curious mixture of fact and fallacy."

Could you be any more vague? I fail to see that your response gives any answers to my questions. oops it looks like you added a new post which I will review and respond to.

Kind regards,
RW

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Post #1860

Post by theQuestion »

That's why it's more practicle to make one claim at a time!