Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2481

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:42 pm I can't believe that you are arguing over adjectives, and words that BOTH were written by Moses! I don't think that Moses would have contradicted himself and written two differing descriptions of God's work. "Very good" to Jehovah would have been perfect. He would make nothing that was not perfect.
Weren't they written by Moses as inspired by God?

Are you inspired by God to make changes to the scriptures?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2482

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:34 pm
Revelations won wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:32 am Dear Onewithhim,

I would have to agree with myth-one.com who has make some very clear points in responding to your claims.

Do JW’s claim that mortality was not part of God’s plan for his children who were placed on this earth?

Kind regards.
RW
Well if you think myth-one has some very clear points, you haven't paid any attention to what I and others have posted.

God's plan was for humans to live FOREVER on this planet. They were created mortal, but could have everlasting life as long as they obeyed him.
"Was" is passed tense.

What is His plan for man now?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2483

Post by JehovahsWitness »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:42 pm
I can't believe that you are arguing over adjectives, and words that BOTH were written by Moses! I don't think that Moses would have contradicted himself and written two differing descriptions of God's work. "Very good" to Jehovah would have been perfect. He would make nothing that was not perfect. The last of the matter was Deuteronomy 32:4 where Moses stated that Jehovah's works were PERFECT. That is pretty clear, I would say.
I think that is what happens when someone is more enamoured of their personal theology than truth. Can you imagine a worshipper actually wriggling andd squirming because they don't want to say "Everything God does is perfect"? The simplist most fundamental truth about the Jehovah God, becoming a difficult issue. Attrubuting imperfect actions to the Perfect God. Unbelievable!!

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:52 am... God created everything "very good" -- not perfect.
DEUTERONOMY 32:4 - ESV
The Rock, his work is perfect ...
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2484

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:46 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:42 pm
I can't believe that you are arguing over adjectives, and words that BOTH were written by Moses! I don't think that Moses would have contradicted himself and written two differing descriptions of God's work. "Very good" to Jehovah would have been perfect. He would make nothing that was not perfect. The last of the matter was Deuteronomy 32:4 where Moses stated that Jehovah's works were PERFECT. That is pretty clear, I would say.
I think that is what happens when someone is more enamoured of their personal theology than truth. Can you imagine a worshipper actually wriggling andd squirming because they don't want to say "Everything God does is perfect"? The simplist most fundamental truth about the Jehovah God, becoming a difficult issue. Attrubuting imperfect actions to the Perfect God. Unbelievable!!
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:52 am... God created everything "very good" -- not perfect.
Both verses are correct and support each other if the perfect way to create mankind was to create them very good.

God made mortal man a little lower that the angels in that man can die. In doing so, God made man perfect for the purpose for which man was created. That purpose is to eventually replace the earthly angels who rebelled against God.

Man isn't forced to accept the job as the angels were.

Man can choose to accept or reject the everlasting job of replenishing the earth after experiencing a short test period of life and then choosing to extend that life to everlasting spiritual life or accepting everlasting death.

This explanation of the two verses also confirms the concept that God is love.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2485

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:31 pm
Both verses are correct and support each other ...
So is everything God does Perfect?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2486

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:46 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:31 pm
Both verses are correct and support each other ...
Here is the full quote of my response:
Both verses are correct and support each other if the perfect way to create mankind was to create them very good.
Yes, God sets things up perfectly, but they sometimes seem to end up otherwise due to interference by angels or mankind exercising their right to freedom of choice.

But God declared all of His creations in Genesis as "very good." So mankind needed to be created "very good" as a part of them being perfect to fulfill His plan for mankind -- which is to replace the angels who rebelled against God. There needed to be an exit door for those of mankind which do not want to accept the commitment required of replenishing and caring for the earth under the leadership of God for eternity. Thus, unlike the angels, man was created mortal.

Freedom of choice is apparently a required characteristic of angels and man as both possess that quality.

Satan thought he could do as well or better than God.

Mankind always seems to think that their way is the best approach.

God has already prophesized the failure of some of His commandments to mankind.

For example, the church will fail to spread the gospel good news to all nations -- the great commission.

And the command to mankind about replenishing the earth will result in great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world (Genesis 1:2) to this time.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2487

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:01 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Yes, God sets things up perfectly ...
You are changing the words in the bible, the words "sets things up*" are not in the scripture, I will not accept your manmade words. One can "set up" someone else's work or set something up that is faulty or imperfect; so lets not try and rewrite scripture to fit personal theology.
You said yes to the question : So is everything God does Perfect?. We can DISREGARD the rest of what you said which is not in the scripture.
Now my next question is ... were Adam and Eve the work of God or not ?
GENESIS 1:27

And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2488

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2489

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2487]
Yes, yes, yes.
Well, if Adam and Eve were the "work" of God and God's work is perfect (according to'scripture) .... then Adam and Eve must have been perfect; would you not agree?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2490

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:17 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2487]
Yes, yes, yes.
Well, if Adam and Eve were the "work" of God and God's work is perfect (according to'scripture) .... then Adam and Eve must have been perfect; would you not agree?
They were perfect for the purpose for which they were created.