Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

tam
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1921

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 am
tam wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:19 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1918]

I'm not sure why a person would think that you cannot come 'out' of something just because the direction you took to come out was vertical instead of horizontal.

Peace to you.
You didn't answer the question ...
Is there a difference in outcome for ...

(a) "the flesh" (people) that survive
(b) the crowd that "comes out" and
(c) the bride that's "caught up" to heaven?
If so, what is that difference? NOTE The bible never says that the crowd are "caught up", only that they "come out" Neither does it say that the bride "comes out" only that it is "caught up" .

JW
I didn't answer the question because the question is based on things you are saying (differences that you are seeing), not things that I am saying.

The simple logic is the following:

If you went into something, and you are no longer in it, then you have come out of it. (The great crowd comes out of the great tribulation, and has washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God - which is in the City; the New Jerusalem (Rev 22:3) - and render sacred service day and night in his Temple).

The tribulation is ended - cut short - for everyone undergoing it, when Christ returns.

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1922

Post by JehovahsWitness »

tam wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:43 am
The great crowd comes out of the great tribulation, and has washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb.
Yes we know that but I notice you STILL refuse to actually answer the question. Unless you contend Jesus own words are without meaning you must be able to say what the eventuality is of the three expressions without changing scripture or adding the bible.

If scripture does not say the great crowd of tribulation survivors were "caught up" do you feel yourself in a position to add your own human thinking and change the bible to say they were?
You claim that the great crowd were caught up, that may be what your dogma teaches but it is NOT what the scripture say. Do you continue to hold that the great crowd are "caught up" despite the fact that the bible doesn't say anything of the kind?

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN , THE 144, 000 and ... THE MILLENIUM
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1923

Post by onewithhim »

I'm not sure why a person would think that you cannot come 'out' of something just because the direction you took to come out was vertical instead of horizontal.

Peace to you.
The point is.....to come out of something you first have to be IN it. Therefore, the "Rapture" that people talk about does not necessarily go the way it is taught. They say that it occurs before the Great Tribulation, so those people would not be in the GT at all. That is untrue. The scripture says that the Great Crowd comes OUT OF the GT, so they were IN it to begin with. They come out of it when it is over.

tam
Savant

Post #1924

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Peace to you.
The point is.....to come out of something you first have to be IN it.

Yes.
Therefore, the "Rapture" that people talk about does not necessarily go the way it is taught.

I don't know what various people teach about the "Rapture".

But I think we are speaking about the return of Christ, when those who are in Christ are caught up to meet Him in the clouds. His return also cuts 'those days' short for the sake of the elect.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord. 1 thess 4:16, 17

"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened." Matt 24:22

They say that it occurs before the Great Tribulation, so those people would not be in the GT at all.

Yes, I don't know where they get that from.
That is untrue.

Agreed.
The scripture says that the Great Crowd comes OUT OF the GT, so they were IN it to begin with. They come out of it when it is over.
Yes, they were in it.

Peace again to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1925

Post by onewithhim »

I am interested to see how much a renewed paradisaical earth really means to people today. Is it a thought that they would accept and embrace enthusiastically if they believed that it could be true? Or does everyone cling to the old pie-in-the-sky beliefs, an existence no one can imagine? There might not be any responses to my query because folks aren't interested in digging into such matters. I hope someone will think about it and reply.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1926

Post by onewithhim »

I'm still looking for comments from drive-by folks. :D

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1927

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:23 pm I'm still looking for comments from drive-by folks. :D
Comments?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1928

Post by onewithhim »

Whether it is something that people want or not, the beautiful planet will always be here and it will be made into the Paradise that Adam and Eve were assigned to create when they were formed and placed in the Garden. It will be what just about everyone appreciates even now---beautiful, clean, orderly surroundings around everyones' favorite dream home. Children will play with all the animals and there will be true, abundant peace, with nothing to fear. It is coming, and it would behoove us all to pay attention to what the Bible tells us about this.

Isaiah 11:6-9
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #1929

Post by Purple Knight »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm I am interested to see how much a renewed paradisaical earth really means to people today. Is it a thought that they would accept and embrace enthusiastically if they believed that it could be true?
Not me! Though I do admit it's entirely canonical. Here, the fringe guys have it right and the mainstream Christians... apparently... do not read the Bible. Most of what is described as the ultimate reward for good behaviour clearly involves still being alive.

I happen not to want my body. I don't want to need to eat, to grind up bits of plants and animals and shove them down my esophagus only to later push them out as filthy excrement. I don't want to shed skin or hair. I don't want to have calluses on my feet or hands. I find life pretty disgusting and would love to be just consciousness. I'm healthy and I exercise, and I have minimal problems, I just don't want any body at all.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1930

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:01 am
I happen not to want my body. I don't want to need to eat, to grind up bits of plants and animals and shove them down my esophagus only to later push them out as filthy excrement. I don't want to shed skin or hair. I don't want to have calluses on my feet or hands. I find life pretty disgusting and would love to be just consciousness. I'm healthy and I exercise, and I have minimal problems, I just don't want any body at all.
Interesting; do you presently sustain yourself on gruel (or clear soup and liquid supplements to avoid the laborious task of chewing)? Why do you exercise and look after your health? If physical existence holds no pleasure would that not lead you to opt out altogether (suicide)?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8