Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1841

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:52 pm The God given gift of agency to mankind would be useless unless it were exercised. The clear purpose of the tree was to empower Adam and all his posterity to receive knowledge to discern good from evil or right from wrong.
That seems to be a very human made doctrine to me. There is nothing in scripture that says the tree was created to empower Adam. Indeed if God's purpose was to empower Adam, he evidently failed since after eating from said tree, Adam it seemed to have found himself cowering like a scared child from God , crippled by shame, to end up losing his home, his good relationship with God and eventually his life.

Still you have explained your doctrine very well, thank you.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1842

Post by Revelations won »

Dear JW,

Thank you for your response to my post. It is obvious that you respectfully disagree.

Can you give me a simple clear answer to the following question?

Should Adam have partaken of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Kind regards, RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1843

Post by onewithhim »

I agree that God had a specific purpose for the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil." It was to give A&E the opportunity to show Him their continued love and respect and appreciation. As long as they didn't take anything from the tree, they were confirming their love for Him. It didn't mean that they were ignorant and that God wanted them to stay that way. Certainly He instructed them on how to live in this awesome new environment that they were created into, not leaving them in ignorance as to what is good and what is not good.

When they took the fruit, they were saying, in effect, "we want to decide for ourselves what is good and what is bad." That is how they would be "like God."

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1844

Dear JW,

I am still awaiting your simple yes or no answer to my post #1842.

I am curious to know the biblical evidence you use to support your answer.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1845

Revelations won wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:24 am

Should Adam have partaken of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Kind regards, RW
This is surprising question from someone that claims to acceept the bible as God's word.
GENESIS 2:16, 17

Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “... as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must NOT eat from it ...

In your opinion, if God tells someone NOT to do something, should they do it? Yes or No? There is your answer.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1846

Dear JW,

Thank you for your response. If I understand you correctly, your answer is clearly "NO".

If Adam had chosen to refuse to partake of the fruit, then what dilemmas would this have created?

I can see at least two major problems.

Let's see how clear your understanding is on this matter and exactly what scriptures apply to your answers?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1847

Revelations won wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:39 am

If Adam had chosen to refuse to partake of the fruit, then what dilemmas would this have created?

I can see at least two major problems.

Let's see how clear your understanding is on this matter and exactly what scriptures apply to your answers?

Kind regards,
RW

What "dilemma" does obedience to God create?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1848

Post by onewithhim »

That's an excellent question. I'll be interested to see what his reply is to that.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1849

Post by onewithhim »

No reply, RW?? Please.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1850

Dear JW,

For starters, we should remember the Eve had partaken of the fruit of the "tree of knowledge of Good and Evil and would be cast out of the Garden of Eden. Thus Adam would have alone remained alone in the garden with no wife.

I suspect it might be a little difficult for them to obey the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth with her being sent to an unknown location outside the garden.

May I also call your attention to the fact that the lord did not curse Adam for partaking of the fruit, but cursed Satan (Genesis 3:14-15).

Note: I hear these unfounded claims that God cursed Adam for his choice from many sources. Such is clearly not the choice.

Kind regards,
RW