Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

Divine Insight wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Why wouldn't Paradise be the earth we live on? Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist? That was what God planned for humans to experience, and he placed his first people in that garden paradise.
I don't know whether a "Garden of Eden" ever existed. All we have are fairytales of such a place.
onewithhim wrote: Adam was supposed to populate this earth, that would have eventually been entirely in paradise conditions, and take care of it (Genesis 1:28; 2:15). If Adam had remained obedient, that plan would have been fulfilled and would still be being fulfilled.
How was Adam supposed to populate the earth? Adam couldn't procreate until God created him a "helpmate". Actually this story would have made far more sense the other way around. God should have created Eve first if her mission was to populate the earth, and then God could have created a man as her "helpmate".

Also, why would Adam or Eve need to "Take care of the Garden"? If it's a paradise what would there be to take care of? Are you suggesting that it's up to Adam and Eve to maintain Paradise?
onewithhim wrote: You are correct.....mosquitoes won't be pesky; no disease, droughts, extreme weather, wars, bullies, or competition for mates or jobs.
I'm totally on board for living in a place like that. So if such a place exists I can't imagine why I wouldn't automatically fit right in. :D
onewithhim wrote: Everyone will be required to demonstrate LOVE toward one another, and we will be helped to meet this requirement by the King of our government, Jesus Christ, and his co-rulers (Daniel 7:14,18; Revelation 5:10; Rev.20:4b,6). They will guide us who are here on Earth throughout the thousand-year reign.
What? We'll need someone to RULE over us to insure that we meet the requirement of loving one another? :-k That sounds kind of weird.

Why should that be required. What kinds of people are going to be living in this paradise? Shouldn't only loving people be allowed in? There shouldn't be any need to POLICE love. And there shouldn't be any need for any "rulers" if everyone living in this place is a loving decent person.
onewithhim wrote: All the things you mention as bad were never meant to plague mankind. All that is a result of Adam's rebellion and his subsequent adjusted DNA and ultimate death. He passed sin and suffering on to his progeny. Jehovah has never wanted that for humans, and he will fix this mess when he sees fit, and it will be soon.
If Jehovah never wanted this then Jehovah must not be omnipotent since he's the one who created the mess we're currently in.
onewithhim wrote: Hey, I can guarantee you that if you want to restore or build a 1932 Ford Pickup Truck, you will be able to do that.
Actually if I have all of eternity to play with I have tons more projects I would love to build too. :D

So I'll be looking forward to it. Like I say, I can't imagine why I wouldn't automatically be invited to live in such a paradise. It's exactly the kind of place where I would love to live. In fact, I currently try to live that way here on earth. The only thing that prevents me from achieving this is that on earth mosquitoes actually do bite, and there are also a lot of humans who aren't willing to play nice.
onewithhim wrote: Jehovah will "satisfy the desire of every living thing." Psalm 145:16
What's he waiting for? :-k
onewithhim wrote: Whatever you enjoy doing in this system of things, you can enjoy FOREVER in Paradise.
Well, so far all I hear is talk. When it actually happens I'll certainly be the first to hold up a glass of Michelob Light to make a toast to it finally being implemented. :D

Fortunately I'm able to have a glass of Michelob right now anyway. So at least I can enjoy that much of paradise right here and now.
Of course Adam couldn't populate the earth until after Eve was created. That's a given.

Yes it was up to A&E to maintain the paradise. That is even stated in the first two chapters of Genesis:

"...Fill the earth and subdue it..." (Gen.1:28)

"The LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it." (Gen.2:15, NASB)

Have you heard of a "grounds-keeper"? What does he do? Also, if you let your yard go and never mow it or trim the bushes, what happens?

What other word than "rule" would you prefer to use to refer to Jesus and his "holy ones" taking care of the earth and the people on it that have just spent thousands of years, collectively, living under the cruel, corrupt rule of men? Why would you assume that Jesus' "rule" would be harsh? Humans have had a "ruler" ever since their creation. In the beginning it was their Creator, Jehovah. It was a kind and loving rule. Then mankind chose to rule himself. That was where the UNloving rulership began.

You ARE invited to live in Paradise. What do you think Jehovah's Witnesses are doing even now, throughout the world? That is our message. Your projects are waiting for you. You'll have all the time in the world to carry them out, and we'll have something, I'm sure, to compare to Michelob.

O:)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #12

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote:
Didn't the Garden of Eden once exist?
The Garden of Eden never ceased to exist. Adam and Eve were cast OUT of the Garden of Eden (the spiritual realm), confined only to the earth[ly realm].

If we are going to regain what was lost (to us), then that would include being able to move in and out of the spiritual realm. Just as Christ said of those who belong to Him:

"I am the gate for the sheep. They will come in AND go out and find pasture."

Consider also:

Adam was a) created outside of the Garden and then brought into it ; and b) Adam and Eve were cast out of it.

The Garden is a different "place" than from the earth they were created in and cast out of.

...therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

(I believe that chabad Jews at least understand the same... that 'gan eden' is [part of] the spiritual realm.)

As to the OP, there is no choice to make between the earth and the heavens. The Garden of Eden is once again accessible, and one can move between the spiritual and the earthly realms. (If indeed one is in Christ, part of His Kingdom)

(and yes, the Kingdom of God is within us... if/when Christ and God make their home within us by means of holy spirit - the breath, blood, seed of Jah; also described as the water of Life that Christ gives us. This is the token that Paul spoke of; the pledge of things to come. Ephesian 1:14; 2Corinth 1:22. The Kingdom is within us if Christ and God have made their home in us; and we also enter into the Kingdom if we are in them. But Christ will also return and and rule upon the earth, and every eye will see Him at that time. This has not yet happened.)

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
I still don't understand how, if Adam was created from the DUST OF THE GROUND, he was a spirit person. Please explain.

tam
Savant

Post #13

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 12 by onewithhim]

I don't think I mentioned anything about that in my post in this conversation; but my post was with regard to your comment about the Garden of Eden once existing; and what that garden might BE.

Peace to you,
tammy

onewithhim
Savant

Post #14

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: [Replying to post 12 by onewithhim]

I don't think I mentioned anything about that in my post in this conversation; but my post was with regard to your comment about the Garden of Eden once existing; and what that garden might BE.

Peace to you,
tammy
Could you answer that question? If Adam was created as a spirit person, why was it said that he had been created from the dust of the ground?

:?

tam
Savant

Post #15

Post by tam »

onewithhim wrote:

Peace to you,
tammy
Could you answer that question? If Adam was created as a spirit person, why was it said that he had been created from the dust of the ground?

See other thread.

But I am happy to discuss what I did share on THIS thread with you if you like. If not, no worries.

Peace again!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #16

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

Peace to you,
tammy

See other thread.

But I am happy to discuss what I did share on THIS thread with you if you like. If not, no worries.

Peace again!
You haven't answered either of my two questions that I have repeatedly asked you, here & on the other thread.

(1) If Adam was created as a spirit person, why is it said that he was created "from the dust of the ground"?

(2) If Adam and Eve were created as spirit persons, why were they placed on a PHYSICAL EARTH?

:?:

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by ttruscott »

If Adam was created as a spirit person, why was it said that he had been created from the dust of the ground?
PCEC answers:
created: formed; 3335. yatsar â–º
Strong's Concordance
yatsar: to form, fashion
Short Definition: formed

This verb in the context of Adam's body of dust does not refer to a creation by fiat, a creation ex nihilo. Like a potter uses the clay he finds and then forms, makes or fashions / yatsars a pot, so to does this verb refer to the dust already in existence and it being formed into a human shape, though a sect or two argue against this reasoning.

Neither does GOD blowing HIS breath into his body of dust (a metaphor for debasement and being humbled) prove a creation ex nihilo as we are expressly told that the Son of Man sows His good seed, the people of the kingdom, (the sinful elect) into the world and the devil sows the people of the evil one, (the reprobate, ie counterfeit tares) into the world Matt 13:36-39.

Accepting this sowing by GOD, it is not huge step of faith that it was by HIM breathing Adam in spirit form into his new human body. Nor do we need to assume that this is the same method that the devil uses to sow the people of the evil one as nothing is ever said about it.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

agnosticatheist
Banned
Banned

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #18

Post by agnosticatheist »

onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

If I could die now without it affecting those around me, I would. I hate this reality so much.

Beautiful earth? Hahaha. Right. Parasites? Destruction caused by fire? Animals killing other animals?

Family? Mine sucks for the most part.

The things I love to do? They are ultimately meaningless, and merely keep me preoccupied until I die.

You say the glass is 3/4 full? It's still not full...
If it turns out there are one or more gods, then so be it.

If it turns out there are no gods, then thank reality that no one is going to suffer forever.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

Post by JehovahsWitness »

agnosticatheist wrote: If I could die now without it affecting those around me, I would. I hate this reality so much.

Beautiful earth? Hahaha. Right. Parasites? Destruction caused by fire? Animals killing other animals?

The things I love to do? They are ultimately meaningless, and merely keep me preoccupied until I die.

That's one of the saddest posts I've ever read. It puts me in mind of Moses' words...
We live for 70 years, or 80 years if we're healthy, yet even in the prime years there are troubles and sorrow. They pass by quickly and we fly away. (Psalm 90:10 ISV)
Happily one day, people that want it will get to taste what "real" life is, and enjoy life to the full. Helping others move from where you are (which, forgive me seems a pretty bleak place to be) into the light of having a solid hope for the future, gives life even in this presents system of things, a purpose.

I think that essentially there are only two types of people in this world, those that want more... and the rest.

INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #20

Post by onewithhim »

agnosticatheist wrote:
onewithhim wrote: When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If I could die now without it affecting those around me, I would. I hate this reality so much.

I also hate the cruel, corrupt system that the planet is influenced by, but the planet itself and the creations on it are wonderful, and one day in the not too distant future the whole earth will be just like God had intended it to be, and like he created it to be forever.

It is because of man's mismanagement of the earth that we find ourselves living with parasites and wildfires (or arson) and animals killing each other (as well as animals and humans killing each other). It wasn't supposed to be this way. There are glimpses throughout the Bible of the way it will be when God's Son rules the earth. One is my favorite:

"6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lion and the fatted beast together, and a little child shall lead them.
"7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
"8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the adder, and the weaned child shall put forth its hand to the viper's den.
"9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of Jehovah, as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:6-9 Darby's Translation)

The glass might be 3/4 full now, but in the new system of things (the paradise earth), the glass will be full.