Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1251

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1245 by onewithhim]
Bloodbaths like the world has seen have been instigated and aided by Christendom. Instead of teaching peace and love, Christendom has encouraged hate and death.
Far too all-encompassing, onewithhim.

You had already painted your picture.

This little extra mars it and was unhelpful.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1252

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 1245 by onewithhim]
Bloodbaths like the world has seen have been instigated and aided by Christendom. Instead of teaching peace and love, Christendom has encouraged hate and death.

I have to say it like it is. I'm sorry that I seem hateful, but the Scriptures don't go easy on Christendom. She teaches falsehoods like the Trinity, hell-fire, and the immortality of the soul, lies that have held men in bondage for centuries. She is part of Babylon the Great, and what does the Bible say about this Harlot? "She has become a home for demons. She is a hideout for every foul spirit....For all the nations have fallen victim because of the wine of her passionate immorality. The kings of the world have committed adultery with her. Because of her desires for extravagant luxury, the merchants of the world have grown rich....Come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her. For her sins are piled as high as heaven, and God remembers her evil deeds." (Revelation 18:2-4, New Living Translation)

Then it goes on to enumerate some of her sins, and how she thinks she'll never be brought down. But God, who judges her, will bring her to an end.

2 Thessalonians refers to Christendom in particular, and calls it "the man of lawlessness." This entity claims that it itself is "God." I have read how various popes have described themselves as "God." Paul said that the Apostacy was held back in his time, but indicated that it would be revealed "when his time comes," and that had to have been when the last Apostle died. He said, "This lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way [undoubtedly John, the last Apostle]....This 'man' will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them." (2 Thess. 2:5-10, NLT)

When this entity of lawlessness is destroyed, I don't want to regret not having warned people. Folks can take it or leave it. But Christians have to speak the truth, so people can know what's going to take place.

:love:

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #1253

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 1250 by onewithhim]

I come not to unite, but divide. 3 will be against 2 and 2 against 3.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1254

Post by onewithhim »

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1255

Post by PinSeeker »

onewithhim wrote: I have to say it like it is... 2 Thessalonians refers to Christendom in particular, and calls it "the man of lawlessness." This entity claims that it itself is "God."
I appreciate anyone trying to "tell it like it is," butthe issue is sin, of which EVERYONE (Christians included, of course -- those who consider themselves part of "Christiandom" -- unfortunately) is guilty of. Sinners -- all mere human beings (which excludes Jesus) from Adam and Eve on down are responsible for all sin in the world (which includes that which has cause war and strife of any kind) since the Fall of Genesis 3.

With that as background, Paul is indeed talking about the day of the Lord and the two events that precede it, neither of which have been fulfilled as yet:

1. The first event is the "rebellion" ('apostasia' in the Greek) which -- although some have erroneously suggested that this refers to Christian or Jewish apostasy -- is a rebellion (apostasy) of humanity as a whole (especially in view of verses 9-12 of this same passage) against God.

2. The second event is the revealing of the man of lawlessness, elsewhere called the "antichrist," who will personify hostility to God and His revelation. Jesus Himself taught that one of the signs prior to His return would be the advent of the “abomination of desolation� in the “holy place� of the temple (Matt. 24:15; Mark 13:14). Jesus cites the teaching of Daniel, who prophesied that this abomination would profane the Jerusalem temple (Dan. 9:27; 11:31; 12:11). Paul draws on this as he discusses the “man of lawlessness,� who is the “son of destruction� in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 and the “lawless one� in 2 Thess. 2:8–9. The Septuagint Greek translation of Isaiah 57:3–4 similarly speaks of the “sons of lawlessness� who are “children of destruction� (cf. John 17:12) and the “seed of lawlessness� (cf. also Ps. 88:23 LXX [English 89:22]). Following a common Semitic idiom, a “man of lawlessness� would refer to a person whose life is characterized by his opposition to God’s rule and reign. In Revelation, John did not intend for us to envision some particular person as the Antichrist. He meant that any self-conscious opponent of the faith is an Antichrist (1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3; 2 John 7)?

You seem to be saying (without really saying) that the Antichrist will be the Catholic pope at that time (just before Jesus returns). Whoever that is may be an Antichrist (an unbeliever), but may also not be. At any rate, the Antichrist is a singular term that clearly refers to multiple (even a multitude of) human beings, those who will directly oppose God and the faith -- which will probably (I would say definitely) include some that consider themselves part of "Christiandom," but also many more that openly and outwardly do not.
onewithhim wrote: When this entity of lawlessness is destroyed, I don't want to regret not having warned people. Folks can take it or leave it. But Christians have to speak the truth, so people can know what's going to take place.
All Christians, me included, can appreciate that. But we should "handle with care" the truth, because we may be mistaken from time to time. Except for interesting conversation, it's really not necessary to tell others how we think the end is going to actually play out. All that's really necessary is to relate the Gospel, and that Jesus wins.
  • "Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).

"For by grace we have been saved through faith; that not of ourselves, it is the gift of God, not as a result of works, so that no one may boast" (Ephesians 2:8).
Grace and peace to you in the Name of Christ.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1256

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to post 1250 by onewithhim]

Quote:

I have to say it like it is. I'm sorry that I seem hateful, but the Scriptures don't go easy on Christendom.
Well then, say it like it is, not more than, or other than, it is.

Your claims in that paragraph are too sweeping. and cannot be substantiated.

The Scriptures do not go easy on anyone.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #1257

Post by brianbbs67 »

I liked what you said. It seems good. My point was don't expect others to like you as well when you speak truth. Truth divides. This is what I mean and what Yeshua meant. Keep seeking.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1258

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
I liked what you said. It seems good. My point was don't expect others to like you as well when you speak truth. Truth divides. This is what I mean and what Yeshua meant. Keep seeking.
It is good to know people like you, who are seeking. Keep searching for Jehovah and His truth.

Check out the Bible study arrangement on www.jw.org .

marco
Savant

Post #1259

Post by marco »

brianbbs67 wrote:
My point was don't expect others to like you as well when you speak truth. Truth divides. This is what I mean and what Yeshua meant. Keep seeking.
People's false idea of what truth is can divide. One can sympathise with outrageous ideas - I personally find it sad to hear people talk of some future situation where science is bludgeoned to make way for dreams.

Had Christ's message been fulfilled 100 years after his execution that would perhaps have seemed a long time, compared to human existence. 2000 years is evidence that we got Christ wrong and Christ got it wrong as well. Of course it is sad that people are disappointed, but death ultimately brings eternal comfort.

marco
Savant

Post #1260

Post by marco »

onewithhim wrote:

Keep searching for Jehovah and His truth.
One wonders how Jehovah got lost. The onus is not on a short-lived biped to "search" in the clouds for traces of heaven; heaven can at a stroke reveal itself. But people insist on building up theories that come from wishful thinking. In the tales about him, Jehovah killed people and demanded infants should be slaughtered; if he repeats the Eden scenario, it seems a pretty safe bet he will again evict those he has initially favoured with some futuristic orchard Earth.

Thankfully we wake up after reading the OT. Universities are an antidote.