Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #1311

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to post 1307 by JehovahsWitness]
Exactly ... it is like trying to prove that all israelites can serve as priests in the temple of Jehovah.

tam
Savant

Post #1312

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:
Logically those individuals will not be anointed.
Indeed. I never stated otherwise.
Good then there are individuals that are anointed and those that will not be anointed.

Unless you are suggesting that those that will not be anointed, are anointed now and will somehow be un-anointed in the future, there are on the earth now individuals who are anointed and others who are not (and will not be) anointed.
A - Again, I never suggested any of that stuff (which makes no sense) to begin with.

B - As you can see, I am not contradicting the conclusion from my posts after all (as you suggested).

Peace again to you.

tam
Savant

Post #1313

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:
There are not two different types of Christians

Did I say there were {quote} "two types of Christians"?

Anointed Christians; non-anointed Christians <- two types of Christians

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1314

Post by JehovahsWitness »

tam wrote:
Anointed Christians; non-anointed Christians <- two types of Christians

That doesnt make two types of christians any more than "Apostles", "disciples" or " evangelizers" makes three types of Christians. We believe that whatever Christ sees fit to use us for, now or in the future, we remain Christians and there is only one "type" of true Christian.

I reject your interepretation of scripture and your unscriptural conclusions.

JW

EPHESIANS 4:11 - Berean Literal Bible
And He gave some indeed to be apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some shepherds and teachers
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1315

tam wrote: As you can see, I am not contradicting the conclusion from my posts after all (as you suggested).

No, I can see nothing of the sort.

tam wrote:
Yes, to be part of the Kingdom. Not as rulers, but as subjects.
tam wrote:
Logically those individuals will not be anointed.
Indeed. I never stated otherwise.
Emphasis MINE

What I can see is you seem to be proposing there will be two groups of individuals (rulers and subjects). That the subjects will not be anointed. But what I dont see is a scripture (with the word anointed in it) that says that those unanointed subjects cannot become Christians now.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #1316

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to post 1311 by JehovahsWitness]

Reject whatever you want, that is your right and your choice. But before you start throwing accusations at others for 'unscriptural conclusions' might you care to respond to post 1304?

viewtopic.php?p=1005063#1005063

And perhaps also take note of some of the comments in post 1302 about things the WTS teaches?
Christ being Michael the arkangel goes beyond scripture; and Christ never taught it. Christians having two different hopes (some for earth and some for heaven) goes beyond what is written; and Christ never taught it - worse than that, the two-hope doctrine assists in getting people to disobey Christ (and obey men instead) when Christ commanded us to eat His flesh and drink His blood (and to keep doing this), and that anyone may do this, and that unless one does this, one has no life in oneself.

Because you were very quick to liken me to a Pharisee who goes beyond what is written, when your religion does the very thing you were accusing me of doing. Just sayin'.

Peace still to you.

tam
Savant

Post #1317

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to post 1312 by JehovahsWitness]

I have no idea what you are trying to say in post 1312, it seems pretty disjointed. Edited to add that you seem to be adding points to that post. But you still have not shown a contradiction in anything I shared.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1318

[Replying to post 1313 by tam]

I dont need you to tell me to take note of what my own literature says, thank you very much.

As I said I am simply asking for a scripture (with the word anointed in it) that stipulates that one cannot be a Christian without being anointed. If you step beyond scripture do not be surprised is you are called up on it.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1319

tam wrote: Peace to you,

[Replying to post 1312 by JehovahsWitness]

...you still have not shown a contradiction in anything I shared.

I most certainly have. Feel free to reread, I feel confident you will see where you went wrong.

I dont see what identifying Michael has to do with the paradise per se but I'm sure if you start a new thread, someone else will be happy to discuss that with you.

Getting back to the point about paradise, I think its clear that we can say scripturally that a Christian must be a follower of Christ but that Christ can call christians to different work without that making different "types" of Christians.
tam wrote:
Yes, to be part of the Kingdom. Not as rulers, but as subjects.
If you want to provide a scripture that proves that none of those future non-anointed subjects can become Christians today, feel free.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1320

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1313 by tam]

I dont need you to tell me to take note of what my own literature says, than you very much.

As I said I am simply asking for a scripture (with the word anointed in it) that stopulates that one cannot be a Christian without being anointed. If you step beyond scripture do not be surprised is you are called up on it.

JW

Well I already responded to this point a ways back. All Christians in the examples from what is written are indeed anointed with holy spirit. There is no example or teaching otherwise. Your own religion teaches that all first century Christians were anointed (and that would be all the examples of Christians that we have in what is written).

Peace again to you.