Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1111

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1105 by bluegreenearth]

Do you ever wonder why people reach toward the hope of going to heaven when everything they love to do and see are here on Earth? I've heard people say that they will love to smell the roses in heaven, but there are no plants in heaven. The conditions they love are HERE on the earth. Jesus spoke of heaven to his relatively few disciples who would rule with him in heaven. The majority of mankind was not given this hope. All of the people who died before Jesus came will live on the earth when they are resurrected, and the majority of people alive today will also. Jesus will rule from heaven with his co-rulers, and who will they rule over? The majority of mankind.

Those righteously disposed will inherit the earth and live on it forever. (Psalm 37: 9,29; Matthew 5:5)

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1112

Post by IaLoaou »

onewithhim wrote:
IaLoaou wrote:
PinSeeker wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: There is no Paradise on Earth.
... yet. But we can live as though there is, because we know it's coming.
Yet you are forced to live in the kingdom of the devil where there is no Paradise on Earth.
And even if it were true as you say that there shall be in the future a paradise on Earth you will never see it nor will you ever live in it so I guess your faith in a paradise on Earth is just a mirage to make you feel good about it.
Why do you say that people will never see paradise on earth?
Because this Earth is going to be destroyed.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1113

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: Because this Earth is going to be destroyed.
Not according to John in Revelation 21:
  • Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.â€�
We should not understand "passed away" to be synonymous with "destroyed." The Greek word used there is aperchomai, which means the old way of things -- not the thing itself -- will be no more. It means all evils and sufferings and their causes (all sin) will depart. Sorrow and sighing will flee away, in the words of Isaiah (35). Thus, paradise will be fully restored on earth as it is now in heaven.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1114

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
  • Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.â€�
We should not understand "passed away" to be synonymous with "destroyed." The Greek word used there is aperchomai, which means the old way of things -- not the thing itself -- will be no more. It means all evils and sufferings and their causes (all sin) will depart. Sorrow and sighing will flee away, in the words of Isaiah (35). Thus, paradise will be fully restored on earth as it is now in heaven.
Your analogy is incorrect like it is most of the time I would suggest even though you will not heed it that you do as it's written in the Bible word for word lean not unto your own understanding now I'm going to add to this lean not unto your own understanding because most of the time it is incorrect and your life is proof of it.

tam
Savant

Post #1115

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
PinSeeker wrote:
Also, if it meant that the earth was going to literally be destroyed, then it would have to mean that heaven is going to literally be destroyed.

But this is not the case.

Peace again to you!

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1116

Post by IaLoaou »

tam wrote: Peace to you,
PinSeeker wrote:
Also, if it meant that the earth was going to literally be destroyed, then it would have to mean that heaven is going to literally be destroyed.

Peace again to you!
Says someone who's life is overwhelmed with bad judgements and errors and who neither knows whether they're coming or going in or out.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1117

Post by IaLoaou »

Everything in the first creation is going to be destroyed except that to which was predestined to be in the second creation.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1118

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
Matthew 9:17
Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
Last edited by IaLoaou on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1119

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
IaLoaou wrote:
tam wrote: Peace to you,
PinSeeker wrote:

Peace again to you!
Says someone who's life is overwhelmed with bad judgements and errors and who neither knows whether they're coming or going in or out.

Ah, yes, when you are shown to have been wrong, and your only response is to launch a personal attack (made in ignorance).

Is there something in my response that is in error? If not, then what is the problem?

Peace again to you.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1120

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: Your analogy is incorrect like it is most of the time...
Sure, and I say that you're understanding is wrong most of the time, this certainly being one.
IaLoaou wrote: I would suggest even though you will not heed it...
Yes, I've long since purposed to refrain from heeding any of your "suggestions," for several reasons.
IaLoaou wrote: ...lean not unto your own understanding because most of the time it is incorrect....
Ah, so, lean on yours, right? LOL! No, thanks. :D
IaLoaou wrote: ...your life is proof of it.
Ah, so you're claiming omnipotence now? Wow. I'll just let that go...

Grace and peace to you, IaLoaou.