Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1911

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:58 pm
tam wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:47 am Peace to you,

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1899]

I said nothing about the unrighteous and I think you're not getting what I am saying. You asked who would these Christians rule over during the thousand years (if all Christians are the Bride). The answer is - those who were non-Christian, who are living on the earth during the thousand years.

Peace again.
Will these non-Christians be taught about the Truth so they can accept it or reject it?

This is a bit of a tangent, but I do not see how anyone who rejects Christ (the Truth) would be granted eternal life from the person they reject.

The point is that there are indeed people on the earth during the thousand years, yes? So again, that answers the question about who Christians might 'reign over' during the thousand years. (Not meaning 'lording things over people' as the rulers of this world do, but reigning as kings and priests with Christ in His Kingdom).

Peace again to you.
I think it's true....neither of us are getting what the other is saying. This is what I believe, and please tell me exactly where you disagree:

Armageddon comes, and many who are not Christians go on into the newly refreshed Earth (Paradise) because of mental problems OR they hadn't had the chance to learn the truth in the old system. A global teaching campaign is instituted so that all those non-Christians can learn the truth. This is all guided by the 144,000 in heaven who are ruling with Jesus. So we have 144,000 ruling in heaven over billions on the earth, many of whom had never learned the truth. The results of the teaching campaign yield many who accept it and decide to worship Jehovah by means of His Son's sacrifice. There are others who will decide to revolt with Satan at the end of the Millennium and are thus destroyed with him. How is that so far?

tam
Savant

Post #1912

Post by tam »

Peace to you owh,
onewithhim wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am
tam wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:58 pm
tam wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:47 am Peace to you,

[Replying to onewithhim in post #1899]

I said nothing about the unrighteous and I think you're not getting what I am saying. You asked who would these Christians rule over during the thousand years (if all Christians are the Bride). The answer is - those who were non-Christian, who are living on the earth during the thousand years.

Peace again.
Will these non-Christians be taught about the Truth so they can accept it or reject it?

This is a bit of a tangent, but I do not see how anyone who rejects Christ (the Truth) would be granted eternal life from the person they reject.

The point is that there are indeed people on the earth during the thousand years, yes? So again, that answers the question about who Christians might 'reign over' during the thousand years. (Not meaning 'lording things over people' as the rulers of this world do, but reigning as kings and priests with Christ in His Kingdom).

Peace again to you.
I think it's true....neither of us are getting what the other is saying.
I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying, owh. You suggested to Checkpoint that the Bride cannot be made up of all Christians, because if that were true, who then would the Bride 'rule' over on the earth (since the Bride reigns as king-priests with Christ in His Kingdom, for a thousand years). So the implication is that some Christians must be the Bride (reigning with Christ) while most Christians must be the subjects of the Kingdom.

But we both acknowledge that there will be many non-Christians on the earth during the thousand years. Therefore, even with what you believe, all Christians COULD be the Bride (reigning with Christ as king-priests for the thousand years), and still there would be many subjects of the Kingdom alive on the earth during the thousand years. That was my point.

The rest of your post is a bit beside that point (but I will try to address it in another post.)

Peace again to you, and to your household!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1913

Post by JehovahsWitness »

tam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:30 pm ...You asked who would these Christians rule over during the thousand years (if all Christians are the Bride). The answer is - those who were non-Christian, who are living on the earth during the thousand years.

You say this y et acknowledge that some in the great Crowd of tribulation survivors are also Christians.
tam wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 am

The great crowd is wearing white robes (washed clean in the blood of the lamb); they are carrying out sacred service in the Temple...., so yes, these ones ARE Christian.

REVELATION 7:14b

These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Matthew 24:21-22

... for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu May 13, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #1914

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 pm
tam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:30 pm ...You asked who would these Christians rule over during the thousand years (if all Christians are the Bride). The answer is - those who were non-Christian, who are living on the earth during the thousand years.

You say this y et acknowledge that some in the great Crowd of tribulation survivors are also Christians.

tam wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 am

The great crowd is wearing white robes (washed clean in the blood of the lamb); they are carrying out sacred service in the Temple...., so yes, these ones ARE Christian.

Yes (well, all of that great crowd are Christian). Note that their robes are washed clean in the blood of the lamb and they are carrying out sacred service in the Temple (something priests do).

That does not mean that there are not people alive on the earth during the thousand years (which occurs after the tribulation) who were non-Christian.

REVELATION 7:14b

These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Matthew 24:21-22

... for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
Evidently the people Jesus indicates would both be alive on earth to experience(go into) the great tribulation and "come out" alive where Christians.

Yes. I'm not sure what you are seeing as the problem here?

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1915

tam wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:25 pm Yes. I'm not sure what you are seeing as the problem here?
tam wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 amThe great crowd ...ARE Christian.

Bible truths are never problematic for those that love truth. You however contend that all Christians must be in the bride class. However ...
The great crowd that experience (go into) the great tribulation and "come out" alive, cannot not be part of Christ s bride.

Christ's bride* (spirit anointed, born again christians) will be with Him in heaven to judge everyone on earth (see Mat 19:28). Some of them may have have "gone in" to the tribulation, but they do not "come out" as tribulation survivors since Jesus says they will be gathered to him in heaven when he returns in kingdom power before the final judgement (see Mat 24:30, 31).

*The bride corresponds to Christs "brothers" in the parable of the sheep and the goats.
tam wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:29 amPeople of the nations who are alive on the earth at the time Christ returns, yes... except for those who are His brothers (Christians who have been caught up to meet Him in the sky upon His return, and then changed, in a twinkling).

The "great crowd" are Chrsitians that expereience and survive the tribulation. The bride does not expereience and survive (go through) the tribulation as they will be in heaven with Christ. Ergo, some (many) Christians cannot be members of the bride class.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #1916

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1914]

To address what you added to your post:
The great crowd that experience (go into) the great tribulation and "come out" alive, cannot not be part of Christ s bride.

Of course they can.
Christ's bride* (spirit anointed, born again christians) will be with Him in heaven to judge everyone on earth (see Mat 19:28).

A Christian is a disciple who is also anointed with holy spirit (called and chosen). But a disciple (one who follows who Christ) is not necessarily a Christian (an anointed one). Not yet at least. The apostles were disciples before they were Christian (anointed with holy spirit).

That being said, Christ returns WITH those Christians who have died... AND... gathers up to Himself those Christians who are yet alive on the earth at that time. His return cuts the tribulation short. So there MUST be members of the Bride on the earth during the tribulation and at its end, because these are the ones who are caught up to Christ upon His return (which cuts the tribulation short).

Compare:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord. 1Thess 4:16:17

I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Rev 21:2

You might also note that Christ returns and gathers the nations (who are on the earth) before Him. These people who are on the earth are gathered before Him. He (and His Bride) are on the earth.

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right...

“Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. 10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign upon the earth.

Christ comes down from heaven; the Bride comes down out of heaven; the nations on the earth are gathered before Christ, and the Bride (purchased from every tribe and tongue and people and nation) reign upon the earth as kings and priests.

Some of them may have have "gone in" to the tribulation, but they do "not come" out since Jesus says they will be gathered to him in heaven when he returns in kingdom power (see Mat 24:30, 31).
Of course they came out. If they are not still in it; they are out of it.
*The bride corresponds to Christs "brothers" in the parable of the sheep and the goats.
The Bride would be included in the brothers, yes, but all Christians are the Bride. Hence the sheep (who will be invited into the Kingdom) are non-Christian.

But all Christians are the brothers of Christ, the Bride, the Church, the New Jerusalem, the Body of Christ.

(Though not everyone who claims to be Christian IS Christian.)

A religion falsely teaches that only some Christians are the Bride (such as the leaders of that self-same religion of course), but that most Christians are not the Bride; Church; brothers of Christ. But Christ never taught such a thing. The apostles never taught such a thing. Nor is that taught anywhere in what is written.

May anyone who wishes hear as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come!" And may anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

(which water is holy spirit, poured out from the Son, given to Him without end by His Father)

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1917

tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am... all Christians are the brothers of Christ, the Bride, ...
tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am
So there MUST be members of the Bride on the earth during the tribulation and at its end, because these are the ones who are caught up to Christ upon His return (which cuts the tribulation short)
tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am If they are not still in it; they are out of it.
Yes but how do they get out of it? Is there a difference between "coming out" of the tribulation and being "caught up"?

Is there a difference in outcome for ...

(a) "the flesh" (people) that survive
(b) the crowd that "comes out" and
(c) the bride that's "caught up"?

JW

RELATED POSTS
What does the CHANGE those who are caught up to be with Jesus actually represent? ?
viewtopic.php?p=1064153#p1064153

Do Paul's words that some would not SLEEP not mean that they would not DIE?
viewtopic.php?p=1064110#p1064110

Are the "Great Crowd" caught up to be with Jesus?[This post]
viewtopic.php?p=1039502#p1039502
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN , THE 144, 000 and ... THE GREAT CROWD
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1918

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:54 am
tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am... all Christians are the brothers of Christ, the Bride, ...
tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am
So there MUST be members of the Bride on the earth during the tribulation and at its end, because these are the ones who are caught up to Christ upon His return (which cuts the tribulation short)
tam wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:21 am If they are not still in it; they are out of it.
Yes but how do they get out of it? Is there a difference between "coming out" of the tribulation and being "caught up"?

(c) the bride that's "caught up"?

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN , THE 144, 000 and ... THE GREAT CROWD
Yes....to "come out" of something, the person(s) would first have to be in it.

tam
Savant

Post #1919

Post by tam »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1918]

I'm not sure why a person would think that you cannot come 'out' of something just because the direction you took to come out was vertical instead of horizontal.

Peace to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1920

tam wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:19 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #1918]

I'm not sure why a person would think that you cannot come 'out' of something just because the direction you took to come out was vertical instead of horizontal.

Peace to you.
You didn't answer the question ...

(c) the bride that's "caught up" to heaven?
If so, what is that difference? NOTE The bible never says that the crowd are "caught up", only that they "come out" Neither does it say that the bride "comes out" only that it is "caught up" .

JW