Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1381

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Christ didnt say that all christians must be anointed either, you put words into his mouth too but when you do it, you contradict what the word "Christian" actually means and ignore the reality of sstated future purpose. The "other sheep" are exactly who you are denhkng can exist ie an jnanointed Christian. Perhaps in your particular glass house uou miight like to hesistate criticising bolded words that are not actually what Jesus said.

Those of us with holy spirit allow it to guide us to discern what Christ was teaching, and express that understanding in our own words. At least our words are in harmony with the bible.

JW

MATTHEW 24:15 - GNT

"...(Note to the reader: understand what this means!):
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1382

tam wrote:
He called the disciples (at that time) a little flock; but if you will note, He also said that He had other sheep to call and they would all be ONE FLOCK.

Yes "one" as united "flock" as in one group under the same shepherd. The "little flock" (the anointed with a heavenly hope) and the "other sheep" (unanointed with an earthly hope) are all brought together into one united brotherhood.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1383

tam wrote:

How are these 144 000 going to assist Christ in governing the people of the earth, from heaven?

Christ said where his brothers are he will be. The 144,000 are pictured as standing with Christ on Mount Zion. He promised them a place in his Fathers house, namely in heaven. This would be permanent (Jesus didnt promise them "a rented temporary room" that they would have to vacate at some later date to move back down to earth). Jesus will forever more remain at his Fathers right hand and co--rulers will be forever where Christ is.

I' m you are not going so far as to suggest Christ cannot govern from heaven or that God cannot give the 144,000 the ability to assist him to rule over the earth from heaven.

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1384

tam wrote:

He said nothing about these others being those who will not be going to heaven.

Do you not believe there will be subjects of the kingdom that will not be going to heaven?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1385

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Christ didnt say that all christians...
I do not recall there being anything in what is written where He uses the word "Christian" at all.

must be anointed either, you put words into his mouth too but when you do it,

Can you give me an example of where you think I did this?

you contradict what the word "Christian" actually means

What did I say that contradicted what the word means?

The "other sheep" are exactly who you are denhkng can exist ie an jnanointed Christian.
This is the WTS interpretation, yes. But I have no reason to accept it and many reasons (previously stated) to reject it. I feel no need to continue to repeat those reasons. I am also not going to continue to respond to repeated assertions that I have previously responded to in these last many pages.

Perhaps in your particular glass house uou miight like to hesistate criticising bolded words that are not actually what Jesus said.
I simply pointed out that those were not His words (in that quote). That was not a criticism. That was just a statement of fact.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
Last edited by tam on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1386

We accept the entire bible and the word "Christian" is in the bible. Since a chrisstian is a slave/follower of Christ, Jesus taught about what it means to be a Christian
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

tam
Savant

Post #1387

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:

How are these 144 000 going to assist Christ in governing the people of the earth, from heaven?

Christ said where his brothers are he will be. The 144,000 are pictured as standing with Christ on Mount Zion. He promised them a place in his Fathers house, namely in heaven. This would be permanent (Jesus didnt promise them "a rented temporary room" that they would have to vacate at some later date to move back down to earth). Jesus will forever more remain at his Fathers right hand and co--rulers will be forever where Christ is.

I' m you are not going so far as to suggest Christ cannot govern from heaven or that God cannot give the 144,000 the ability to assist him to rule over the earth from heaven.

JW

This is not an answer my question. Mind you, my question was not directed to you at all; it is similar to a question owh asked me some time back about those who reign with Christ.

I will wait for her response if she wishes to give one.

Peace again to you.

tam
Savant

Post #1388

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:

He said nothing about these others being those who will not be going to heaven.

Do you not believe there will be subjects of the kingdom that will not be going to heaven?

Sorry, but I'm not answering a question based on a quote taken out of context.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1389

[Replying to post 1385 by tam]

Your divding a "disciple" from a "Christian" is arbitrary and would indicate that Jesus taught absolutly nothing about how to be a Christian only how to be a disciple, which is ridiculous.

MATTHEW 16:24

Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me

Jesus entire ministry was about how to be a Christian,

JW

tam
Savant

Post #1390

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1385 by tam]

Your divding a "disciple" from a "Christian" is arbitrary and would indicate that Jesus taught absolutly nothing about how to be a Christian only how to be a disciple, which is ridiculous.

JW

No, that does not follow. A Christian is simply a disciple (of Christ) who has been anointed with holy spirit (chosen by Christ). Same requirements apply to all - follow Christ, obey His commands.

Were not the apostles instructed to teach all new disciples to obey everything that He (Christ) had commanded them (the apostles)? Matt 28:19, 20

Peace again to you.