Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1711

Post by bluegreenearth »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:42 pmI spoke of testimony not of demonstration. The origins of the universe cannot be demonstrated to anyone but those present at the time. The testimony presented by the universe, and those that claim to be writing under divine inspiration can (like all testimony) be believed or disbelieve. Like many, upon examination of saide evidence, I find compelling reason to believe.
I asked for the logical thought progression that justifies belief in your conclusion; not testimony. Testimony does not function in that capacity. However, there can be a logical justification for believing or disbelieving a particular testimony. What is the logical justification to believe people who claimed they were divinely inspired? How could actual divine inspiration be distinguished from a mistaken but strong belief that divine inspiration occurred?

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 15476
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1712

Post by JehovahsWitness »

bluegreenearth wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:03 pm I asked for the logical thought progression that justifies belief in your conclusion
And I provided it. Here is the link
viewtopic.php?p=1017155#p1017155

It in illogical to ask for that which cannot be provided.
To insist on demonstration of that which is not demonstratable is like asking someone to demonstrate what music tastes like.


Since nobody can claim to have be able to demonstrate the creation of the universe by creating a universe, the next logical step is to examine that which exists (testimony) and draw logical conclusions as to what to believe.


JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

EVOLUTION
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

User avatar
bluegreenearth
Guru
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1713

Post by bluegreenearth »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:30 pm
bluegreenearth wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:03 pm I asked for the logical thought progression that justifies belief in your conclusion
And I provided it. Here is the link
viewtopic.php?p=1017155#p1017155

It in illogical to ask for that which cannot be provided.
To insist on demonstration of that which is not demonstratable is like asking someone to demonstrate what music tastes like.


Since nobody can claim to have be able to demonstrate the creation of the universe by creating a universe, the next logical step is to examine that which exists (testimony) and draw logical conclusions as to what to believe.
Therefore, I must presume that you have no logical justification for endorsing the theistic conclusion over any other conclusion.

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1714

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness has provided excellent explanations and links to more information. Please take advantage of this information. The creation by an intelligent force is obvious to anyone with eyes and ears.

Icey
Student
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 2:02 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1715

Post by Icey »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29
The bible says a lot of things (many of them ambiguous). People claim it says much more than it does, as it's one of the most 'open for interpretation' writings taken as fact that humanity has ever produced (IMO of course).
If people were decent and took care of this planet, living forever on earth might sound promising. But that's not reality.

Checkpoint
Prodigy
Posts: 3777
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:07 pm
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1716

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to Icey in post #1715]
The bible says a lot of things (many of them ambiguous). People claim it says much more than it does, as it's one of the most 'open for interpretation' writings taken as fact that humanity has ever produced (IMO of course).
If people were decent and took care of this planet, living forever on earth might sound promising. But that's not reality.
Why is it not present reality, do you think?

How do you view what is promised and described in Revelation 21 and 22?

User avatar
onewithhim
Savant
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1717

Post by onewithhim »

Icey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29
The bible says a lot of things (many of them ambiguous). People claim it says much more than it does, as it's one of the most 'open for interpretation' writings taken as fact that humanity has ever produced (IMO of course).
If people were decent and took care of this planet, living forever on earth might sound promising. But that's not reality.
But people WILL take care of the earth when Paradise is set up, Icey. When Jesus comes, he will get rid of ALL individuals that are ruining the earth (Rev.11:18). Everyone who wants to obey God will be in the same position that Adam was in, in the beginning. God's purpose then was for Adam to take care of the earth (Genesis 1:28; 2:15), and just because Adam didn't fulfill that assignment---that doesn't mean that God has changed His mind. Humans will have the privilege of caring for the earth, and we will enjoy doing so forever.

Icey
Student
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 2:02 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1718

Post by Icey »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:30 am
Icey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29
The bible says a lot of things (many of them ambiguous). People claim it says much more than it does, as it's one of the most 'open for interpretation' writings taken as fact that humanity has ever produced (IMO of course).
If people were decent and took care of this planet, living forever on earth might sound promising. But that's not reality.
But people WILL take care of the earth when Paradise is set up, Icey. When Jesus comes, he will get rid of ALL individuals that are ruining the earth (Rev.11:18). Everyone who wants to obey God will be in the same position that Adam was in, in the beginning. God's purpose then was for Adam to take care of the earth (Genesis 1:28; 2:15), and just because Adam didn't fulfill that assignment---that doesn't mean that God has changed His mind. Humans will have the privilege of caring for the earth, and we will enjoy doing so forever.
WILL taking care of the earth does nothing for the here and now. Not taking care of the earth RIGHT NOW is inexcusable. Holding out for wishful things is wishful thinking, lazy and selfish IMO. Why hold out and wait for a magical being to come and clean everything up?
It's an excuse that's all too easy to use.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 15476
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1719

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Icey wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:44 am Why hold out and wait for a magical being to come and clean everything up?
MAGIC

1. the use of means (such as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces
2. an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source
3. the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand

source : https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magic

Its not magic its FAITH. While magic usually refers to using (or more often than not), the illusion of using supernatural powers by means of spells, charms or incantations, believers look to the true and living God Jehovah. Logically any action from an omnipotent creator need not be labelled as "magical" for he will not need to use charms, amulets or special spells, nor need he resort to illusion or slight of hand, an omnipotent eternal God would simply exert his power over his creation; faith is the belief in such a God.


JEHOVAH'S WITNESS



RELATED POSTS

How to distinguish between myth and miracle?
viewtopic.php?p=886322#p886322
To read more please go to other posts related to ....

FAITH, GOD and ...THE BIBLE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Icey
Student
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 2:02 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #1720

Post by Icey »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:25 pm
Icey wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:44 am Why hold out and wait for a magical being to come and clean everything up?
MAGIC

1. the use of means (such as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces
2. an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source
3. the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand

source : https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/magic

Its not magic its FAITH. While magic usually refers to using (or more often than not), the illusion of using supernatural powers by means of spells, charms or incantations, believers look to the true and living God Jehovah. Logically any action from an omnipotent creator need not be labelled as "magical" for he will not need to use charms, amulets or special spells, nor need he resort to illusion or slight of hand, an omnipotent eternal God would simply exert his power over his creation; faith is the belief in such a God.


JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

To read more please go to other posts related to ....

FAITH, GOD and ...THE BIBLE
Faith is a prettied up word for magic. But whatever you want to call it, it doesn't really matter.
Believers look to what something that fits their need. They call that something God (or god, or gods). Believers in 'the true god' are nothing new - societies have gods of all kinds. But yours...yours is the ONE TRUE God. Why? Because it is? Good luck with that being anything more than a 'just 'cause' thinking. Any 'proof' you have is anecdotal at best. But that's where one's faith (magic) comes in to play. How? Because it can't be proven or shown to be true. So you think you win! (I have faith and you can't show my faith not to be true!).


"Logically any action from an omnipotent creator need not be labelled as "magical" for he will not need to use charms, amulets or special spells, nor need he resort to illusion or slight of hand, an omnipotent eternal God would simply exert his power over his creation"
Are you serious? You must watch too much tv. Magic doesn't need charms, amulets or whatever else you listed.
But if you must call it faith to justify your needs, that's fine I suppose. But is lying to oneself a sin? Might want to take an internal review of that one because you might be sinning without knowing it.

Post Reply