"True worship acceptable to God"

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

"True worship acceptable to God"

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be the only group which practices "true worship acceptable to God" and that all other sects do not.

Seems an extraordinary claim.

Prove it!,... Give us extraordinary proof to support your extraordinary claim.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #101

Post by brianbbs67 »

I saw it mentioned that God's laws are for our benefit.

Well, literally from scripture, the laws for our benefit are the decalogue. Yet, most today ignore #4.

showme
Sage

Re: "True worship acceptable to God"

Post #102

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Elijah John wrote:
We hold our beliefs because we hold the entire bible as the infallible and perfect word of God and our own partitular interpretation of the bible at any given time to be true. I'm sure you agree that there is no point in presenting scriptures that are viewed by many as human opinion and along with Jehovah’s Witness interpretation which are viewed by some as mental gymnastics. So, it seems reasonable to agree to disagree on the infallibility of the text, the interpretation of those texts and the conclusions drawn.
I think you are arguing against your own false prophet Paul (1 Corinthians 7:25) He gave his own opinion concerning "virgins" and of his being "trustworthy". Self witnessing is "not true" (John 5:31).

New American Standard Bible 1 Corinthians 7:25)

Now concerning virgins I have no command of the Lord, but I give an opinion as one who by the mercy of the Lord is trustworthy.
Last edited by showme on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

showme
Sage

Post #103

Post by showme »

brianbbs67 wrote: I saw it mentioned that God's laws are for our benefit.

Well, literally from scripture, the laws for our benefit are the decalogue. Yet, most today ignore #4.
For the most part, all 10 commandments are deemed "obsolete" by the unknown writer of Hebrews. According to Paul's Roman 7:6, he and his followers are "released from the Law". With respect to all 10 commandments, while the first 4 are fairly commonly discarded, they all seem to be trampled on. The news coverage concerning the commandment of false witnessing was evident especially in the last month. As for the 4th commandment, that was a sign between God and his people. As Christians are the followers of the false prophet Paul, they are following their god, who released them from the Law of God (Romans 7:6). Those keeping God's law were promised health. If you look at the current "Christian" community, their physical and spiritual health is nothing to come home and tell mother about. That they carry the mark of the beast with two horns like a lamb, bodes poorly for their future welfare (Revelation 14:10).