A better way to convert sinners

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

The Transcended Omniverse
Student

A better way to convert sinners

Post #1

Post by The Transcended Omniverse »

Instead of having a god who punishes sinners and condemns them to hell which is sure to stir up hate and rejection of his fellow human creations, then why not allow these sinners to live in selfish sin all they want to until they eventually grow tired of it and change out of boredom? That would be a much better solution here then forcefully imposing upon these people's ways of living. I say, allow them to be hedonistic all they want and let them have all the "me" time all they want until they eventually grow tired of it and decide to finally serve god, help others, etc. Therefore, why can't this better solution be implemented? Why must sinners be punished and condemned?

If a parent punishes a child time and time again and this child never learns and is still rebellious, then the best thing to do here would be to give up on that child and leave that child to his/her own selfish lifestyle until one day the child grows tired of it and decides to change for the better.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: A better way to convert sinners

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

The Transcended Omniverse wrote: [Replying to onewithhim]

If evil and selfish people cannot change according to you, then why should God even bother trying to convert and punish these sinners in the first place? The fact he does so proves that these people are capable of changing. With that being said, it would be unnecessary to change people this way. Just allow them to be hedonists all they want to until they grow bored and change on their own.
You didn't address my question. I asked, While your hedonists are doing exactly what they want to do, in all of its debauchery, what are people to do who don't want to be so gross? If the hedonists truly like to eat filet of gluteus maximus (from humans) with fava beans, some other humans are going to have to run pretty fast and far to avoid being dinner. This is OK to you, just so the hedonists can get it all out of their systems?

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 11 by onewithhim]

[center]

One person's debauch is another person's fun[/center]

onewithhim wrote:
While your hedonists are doing exactly what they want to do, in all of its debauchery...
Why would we need to imagine that us hedonists are always over doing it?
It's not a rule you know. In fact, over-doing things ruins the fun.

We just do as much as we like.
Like.. Sunday BBQ after a nature hike.

Sounds like fun?
That's hedonism, son.

The good stuff in life.
Not the bad.

:)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 11 by onewithhim]

[center]

One person's debauch is another person's fun[/center]

onewithhim wrote:
While your hedonists are doing exactly what they want to do, in all of its debauchery...
Why would we need to imagine that us hedonists are always over doing it?
It's not a rule you know. In fact, over-doing things ruins the fun.

We just do as much as we like.
Like.. Sunday BBQ after a nature hike.

Sounds like fun?
That's hedonism, son.

The good stuff in life.
Not the bad.

True, as you say, "one person's debauch is another person's fun." So my question still hasn't been addressed. It is: What about the people who are hurt by the hedonists' fun? That's perfectly OK by you?

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 13 by onewithhim]

[center]

Watch out, this is going to hurt, because Blastcat is going to have a bit of fun.. run and hide, children!!
[/center]

onewithhim wrote:
True, as you say, "one person's debauch is another person's fun." So my question still hasn't been addressed. It is: What about the people who are hurt by the hedonists' fun? That's perfectly OK by you?
Just for some MORE fun, let's call me a hedonist. Maybe by your reckoning, I'm one of those, anyway. I seem to be having a LITTLE too much fun... lol.

How does that hurt anyone?
How does MY FUN hurt someone else?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #15

Post by onewithhim »

Blastcat wrote: [Replying to post 13 by onewithhim]

[center]

Watch out, this is going to hurt, because Blastcat is going to have a bit of fun.. run and hide, children!!
[/center]

onewithhim wrote:
Just for some MORE fun, let's call me a hedonist. Maybe by your reckoning, I'm one of those, anyway. I seem to be having a LITTLE too much fun... lol.

How does that hurt anyone?
How does MY FUN hurt someone else?

Let's say that your "fun" was slitting someone's throat. Don't you think that would hurt that person?

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 15 by onewithhim]

[center]Saying that hedonism is murder is a bit of a stretch.[/center]

onewithhim wrote:
Let's say that your "fun" was slitting someone's throat. Don't you think that would hurt that person?
Ugh.

Hedonism isn't really about slitting people's throats.
That's insane evil psychopathy.

Those aren't really the same ticket..
Maybe a little research on the internet about "Hedonism" might help.

Hawkins
Scholar

Post #17

Post by Hawkins »

The Transcended Omniverse wrote: Instead of having a god who punishes sinners and condemns them to hell which is sure to stir up hate and rejection of his fellow human creations, then why not allow these sinners to live in selfish sin all they want to until they eventually grow tired of it and change out of boredom? That would be a much better solution here then forcefully imposing upon these people's ways of living. I say, allow them to be hedonistic all they want and let them have all the "me" time all they want until they eventually grow tired of it and decide to finally serve god, help others, etc. Therefore, why can't this better solution be implemented? Why must sinners be punished and condemned?

If a parent punishes a child time and time again and this child never learns and is still rebellious, then the best thing to do here would be to give up on that child and leave that child to his/her own selfish lifestyle until one day the child grows tired of it and decides to change for the better.
That boils down to if hell is a fact, how would you want you to be informed of this fact? Do you prefer a lie saying that "hell doesn't exist" under the circumstance that you may die in any minute, say, in a car accident?

The point is, you don't have plenty of time as you think you have. Life is short, you have to make a correct decision in order to evade hell. The best approach is to keep you informed of a fact instead of a candy-coated lie.

That said. God never punish His children. He knows who His children/sheep are from the very beginning. He only punishes/condemns those who are not of His children. He punishes the wolves and the wannabe wolves (the goats). His children on the other hand will choose to listen and obey when called.

Just like Jesus said, if you are of His sheep, you will recognize His voice as He's the Shepherd, and will return to Him as a sheep will do.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #18

Post by onewithhim »

Hawkins wrote:
The Transcended Omniverse wrote: Instead of having a god who punishes sinners and condemns them to hell which is sure to stir up hate and rejection of his fellow human creations, then why not allow these sinners to live in selfish sin all they want to until they eventually grow tired of it and change out of boredom? That would be a much better solution here then forcefully imposing upon these people's ways of living. I say, allow them to be hedonistic all they want and let them have all the "me" time all they want until they eventually grow tired of it and decide to finally serve god, help others, etc. Therefore, why can't this better solution be implemented? Why must sinners be punished and condemned?

That boils down to if hell is a fact, how would you want you to be informed of this fact? Do you prefer a lie saying that "hell doesn't exist" under the circumstance that you may die in any minute, say, in a car accident?

The point is, you don't have plenty of time as you think you have. Life is short, you have to make a correct decision in order to evade hell. The best approach is to keep you informed of a fact instead of a candy-coated lie.

That said. God never punish His children. He knows who His children/sheep are from the very beginning. He only punishes/condemns those who are not of His children. He punishes the wolves and the wannabe wolves (the goats). His children on the other hand will choose to listen and obey when called.

Just like Jesus said, if you are of His sheep, you will recognize His voice as He's the Shepherd, and will return to Him as a sheep will do.
Your view of God and the existence of humans is somewhat bizarre, as I think any talk of God creating people to be either for Him or against Him is bizarre. I do not believe for an instant that God would create the human experience to be people going through the motions of living but powerless to change their lives because they were already picked to be acceptable or not---a bunch of robots. What would be the purpose of that?

The LIE is that God puts people into a literal fire for all eternity, with no hope of ever getting out. There is nothing to that whole scenario except God getting some sick satisfaction out of seeing people suffer. THAT is a terrible lie, and it is not taught in the Bible. Jesus brought attention to the RESULT of something burning, not the burning itself, as to the end of someone who was "fit for Gehenna." The result was total destruction; non-existence. No sadistic roasting of people as if they were pigs on a spit. That is a horrible portrayal of God!

Haven't you noticed that "hell" was cast into the lake of fire in Revelation? Explain that one.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #19

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 16 by Blastcat]

Hedonism is defined as "the doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the sole or chief good in life; the excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures; intemperance."

Synonyms: carnality, debauchery.

Sometimes blood is involved, according to what I saw online. It is known, also, that very often a person's sexual satisfaction comes from drawing blood. Therefore, my reference to someone slitting someone's throat is not outside the experience of certain hedonists.

Now can you answer my question?

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Post #20

Post by Peds nurse »

[Replying to post 1 by The Transcended Omniverse]

So, what if the child never wants to change? What if the child continually serves himself until the day he/she dies?