A better way to convert sinners

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

The Transcended Omniverse
Student

A better way to convert sinners

Post #1

Post by The Transcended Omniverse »

Instead of having a god who punishes sinners and condemns them to hell which is sure to stir up hate and rejection of his fellow human creations, then why not allow these sinners to live in selfish sin all they want to until they eventually grow tired of it and change out of boredom? That would be a much better solution here then forcefully imposing upon these people's ways of living. I say, allow them to be hedonistic all they want and let them have all the "me" time all they want until they eventually grow tired of it and decide to finally serve god, help others, etc. Therefore, why can't this better solution be implemented? Why must sinners be punished and condemned?

If a parent punishes a child time and time again and this child never learns and is still rebellious, then the best thing to do here would be to give up on that child and leave that child to his/her own selfish lifestyle until one day the child grows tired of it and decides to change for the better.

Blastcat
Banned
Banned

Re: A better way to convert sinners

Post #31

Post by Blastcat »

[Replying to post 30 by onewithhim]

[center]
A self-deceptive God
[/center]

I am surprised that a "God" believer would say that God intentionally blinds himself.
onewithhim wrote:
Why?
For a lot of different reasons.
For starters, God has to DECIDE in advance what he doesn't want to notice happening.

He has to notice it, and then pretend that he isn't.

onewithhim wrote:
How else could He offer humans a GENUINE choice of what they want to do?
Hey, it's not MY god we are imagining here...
You tell ME.

onewithhim wrote:
He would always have been faking when he said he set before humans a choice, if he already knew what they were going to do. He would want to be truthful....not dishonest.
So, if I pretend not to notice something, I would be honest with myself?

:)