The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1071

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

[Replying to 2timothy316 in post #1071]

Look, I've been a Jehovah's Witness (religion) critic for almost my entire life; correcting them on the error of their ways for well over 20 years..from Michigan, to Arizona...from meetings at their Kingdom Halls, to conversations on the street corners..from online Zoom video conferences, to Bible studies at my house, and even to the dinner table (family members).

So, I am well familiar/informed on JW theology, from me researching what they believe, to having actual debates with them about what they believe.

The fact of the matter is, Jehovah's Witness (forum member) was simply wrong here.

And if your biggest contention is that I called JW a lone wolf, then maybe your priorities need a check.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1072

Post by 2timothy316 »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:51 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #1071]

Look, I've been a Jehovah's Witness (religion) critic for almost my entire life; correcting them on the error of their ways for well over 20 years..from Michigan, to Arizona...from meetings at their Kingdom Halls, to conversations on the street corners..from online Zoom video conferences, to Bible studies at my house, and even to the dinner table (family members).

So, I am well familiar/informed on JW theology, from me researching what they believe, to having actual debates with them about what they believe.

The fact of the matter is, Jehovah's Witness (forum member) was simply wrong here.

And if your biggest contention is that I called JW a lone wolf, then maybe your priorities need a check.
LOL

If you were actually familiar with Jehovah's Witnesses then you'd know that JW is not a lone wolf. I have done everything you said above x2. Plus I go to every convention, watch every video, read every magazine, every publication, and more. I go from door to door talking to people better informed than you. Spent countless hours talking to people every type. Spend everyday reading scriptures and praying to Jehovah God asking for wisdom. I live as a Jehovah's Witness. You live as a mere critic.

You are no expert. If you were you'd be able to spit out a publication that proves JW wrong in under a minute. But you can't do that can you. What you call your knowledge of Witnesses is not evidence.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #1073

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:53 pm
LOL

If you were actually familiar with Jehovah's Witnesses then you'd know that JW is not a lone wolf.
You just wont let that one go, will ya? :D
I have done everything you said above x2. Plus I go to every convention, watch every video, read every magazine, every publication, and more.
:applaud:
I go from door to door talking to people better informed than you.
8-)
Spent countless hours talking to people every type. Spend everyday reading scriptures and praying to Jehovah God asking for wisdom.
:applaud:
I live as a Jehovah's Witness.
Hey, whatever rattles your chain, I guess.
You live as a mere critic.
I despise false religion.
You are no expert.
Far from a novice.
If you were you'd be able to spit out a publication that proves JW wrong in under a minute. But you can't do that can you.
See, that is the problem. You can have the last word. Thread coming soon.

:wave:
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1074

Post by Checkpoint »

[Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #1073]
What will your new thread be about?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1075

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #1074]

Well, with no evidence presented by you, then your claim against JW is not true and you should apologize to JW for making a false claim.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #1076

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Checkpoint wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:18 am [Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #1073]
The thread will be about them and the error of their ways.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1077

Post by onewithhim »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:58 am
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:35 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:49 am I am not here to speculate about what other posters choose not to respond to, I am here to respond to what posters write.

Onewithim made no reference to citizenship at all, you did. I corrected you. And yet...no thank you?!

Instead of claiming Jehovahs Witnesses say something, failing to produce a single instance where a Jehovahs Witness said that thing, and waiting to see if you are corrected, it might be a better strategy to either produce evidence or simply ask a Jehovahs Witness about the point.
No, no thank you.

You can be the lone wolf here, going against me, onewithhim, and practically every Jehovah's Witness I've ever talked to during face to face conversations on this very subject.
I am a Jehovah's Witness and I have read JWs posts and I have never read anything (ever) where JW has said something that goes against what Jehovah's Witnesses teach. JW has asked that you prove your claim that they are a 'lone wolf' in WTBT publications. They are free to everyone and easily accessible at https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

Your whole argument hides in what you have heard in 'face to face' conversations. Something we can't confirm. We can't even confirm if these people you have 'face to face' conversations with are even Jehovah's Witnesses. So you will have to use the WTBT to prove your claim that JW is a lone wolf, because I don't see it here in any of JW posts.
There is confusion here over the word "citizenship." It is too bad to cause an argument over the misunderstanding of or sketchy use of a word. It is splitting hairs. Our citizenship, to the understanding of a non-JW, is here on the earth, where the citizenship of the anointed holy ones is in heaven. That is fair to concede in this topic that has much greater over-all importance than quibbling over a word. :)

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #1078

Post by 2timothy316 »

onewithhim wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:12 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:58 am
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:35 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:49 am I am not here to speculate about what other posters choose not to respond to, I am here to respond to what posters write.

Onewithim made no reference to citizenship at all, you did. I corrected you. And yet...no thank you?!

Instead of claiming Jehovahs Witnesses say something, failing to produce a single instance where a Jehovahs Witness said that thing, and waiting to see if you are corrected, it might be a better strategy to either produce evidence or simply ask a Jehovahs Witness about the point.
No, no thank you.

You can be the lone wolf here, going against me, onewithhim, and practically every Jehovah's Witness I've ever talked to during face to face conversations on this very subject.
I am a Jehovah's Witness and I have read JWs posts and I have never read anything (ever) where JW has said something that goes against what Jehovah's Witnesses teach. JW has asked that you prove your claim that they are a 'lone wolf' in WTBT publications. They are free to everyone and easily accessible at https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

Your whole argument hides in what you have heard in 'face to face' conversations. Something we can't confirm. We can't even confirm if these people you have 'face to face' conversations with are even Jehovah's Witnesses. So you will have to use the WTBT to prove your claim that JW is a lone wolf, because I don't see it here in any of JW posts.
There is confusion here over the word "citizenship." It is too bad to cause an argument over the misunderstanding of or sketchy use of a word. It is splitting hairs. Our citizenship, to the understanding of a non-JW, is here on the earth, where the citizenship of the anointed holy ones is in heaven. That is fair to concede in this topic that has much greater over-all importance than quibbling over a word. :)
It certainly doesn't justify accusing JW is using their own 'lone wolf' doctrine. Jehovah's Witnesses certainly have the meanest detractors... :roll:

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #1079

Post by Checkpoint »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:46 pm
Checkpoint wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:18 am [Replying to We_Are_VENOM in post #1076]
The thread will be about them and the error of their ways.
Why bother trying to do that here?

This is, after all, a debating site, not a JW or other groups correcting site, isn't it?

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #1080

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Checkpoint wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Why bother trying to do that here?

This is, after all, a debating site, not a JW or other groups correcting site, isn't it?
You dont think a debate will come as a result of me correcting them?
Venni Vetti Vecci!!