The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #851

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #844]

Just to let you know, my explanation of the John 10 passage in my posts 847 and 849, is now completed.

It took much longer, and is much longer, than I had expected.

You may well want to respond. If so, please do.
No you explained yourself very Well.

Thanks for posting,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #852

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:57 pm
Checkpoint wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:34 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #844]

Just to let you know, my explanation of the John 10 passage in my posts 847 and 849, is now completed.

It took much longer, and is much longer, than I had expected.

You may well want to respond. If so, please do.
No you explained yourself very Well.

Thanks for posting,

JW
Appreciated.

But it seems to leave me wondering.

Does that mean we are in agreement, or agreeing to disagree.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #853

Checkpoint wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:40 pmBut it seems to leave me wondering.

Does that mean we are in agreement, or agreeing to disagree.
As you said earlier. ..
Checkpoint wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:33 pm....

So in this post I have no further comment.

I will be, hopefully this week, doing my own explanation/interpretation, of the whole teaching he gave in those 16 verses, that often use figurative language.
If you look through the thread you will see what I believe regarding John 10. That will resolve any "wondering" you have as to agreement or disagreement.

If you need any further clarification as to anything I have posted feel free to ask.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #854

Revelations won wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 pm When was this gospel restored by angelic ministry?
ANSWER: Revelation 14:6 has been fulfilled from 1914 onwards.

While the passage said the angel HAD good news, we note it does not say he himself communicated that good news directly with any humans?

Revelations won wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 pm Who was this angel?
The angel mentioned in Revelation is SYMBOLIC of all the angels that protect and support Jehovah's people in accomplishing their commission of preaching the good news worldwide.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
In 2019 an average of 8,683,117 Jehovah’s Witnesses preached in 240 land and territories around the earth. They sent 2,088,560,437 hours speaking to people about the Good News. They conducted an average of 9,618,182 Bible Studies.

source: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/201 ... nd-totals/
ACTS 1:8
But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the most distant part of the earth.”
MATTHEW 28: 18-20
Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.+ 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,+ baptizing them+ in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.+ And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”+

RELATED POSTS
What is the good news?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 32#p896032

Do Jehovah's Witnesses practise their religion in Islamic countries?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 31#p883531

What is a JW bible study program?
viewtopic.php?p=962874#p962874

Are JW numbers decreasing?
viewtopic.php?p=982246#p982246

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Re:

Post #855

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:41 pm
Checkpoint wrote:
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 659 by Checkpoint]

Jesus reigns over his congregation now, as I have said many times before, guiding them in the preaching work to give the nations a witness. Soon he will come in bold Kingdom power, to eradicate the wicked people.
What is it to reign, do you think?

Isn't it to rule over, to have authority and power over, so that they are not only subjects but also subject to you?
Yes, I would say so.
Without question.

So, from when has Jesus been reigning over his congregation?

What or who else, if anything or anyone, has he also been reigning over?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #856

Post by onewithhim »

Checkpoint wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 am
Checkpoint wrote:

Jesus reigns over his congregation now, as I have said many times before, guiding them in the preaching work to give the nations a witness. Soon he will come in bold Kingdom power, to eradicate the wicked people.

Isn't it to rule over, to have authority and power over, so that they are not only subjects but also subject to you?
Yes, I would say so.
Without question.

In our Bible study lesson last night, we read that Jesus started ruling over his congregation at Pentecost of 33 A.D.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #857

Post by Checkpoint »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:06 pm
Checkpoint wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 am
Checkpoint wrote:

Yes, I would say so.
Without question.

In our Bible study lesson last night, we read that Jesus started ruling over his congregation at Pentecost of 33 A.D.
Oh?

And here was I thinking that date was 1914 A.D.

That means I was under a false impression.

Perhaps you can help me; maybe you can explain to me how I probably or possibly gained that false impression?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #858

Checkpoint wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 am
Oh?

And here was I thinking that date was 1914 A.D.

You seems to be confusing the Messianic Kingdom (the kingdom for which Jesus taught his followers to pray at Matthew 6:9, 10) with "the Kingdom of God's beloved Son", that is to say Jesus' rule over the Christian CONGREGATION. The latter, as onewithim explained, estalished at Pentecost in 33 CE ensures the spiritual well being of Gods servants under Christ, while the former will destroy all human governments, wipe out (kill) the incorribly wicked and replace all human governments . (We conducting a special campaign on this very theme this month - November 2020)

Checkpoint wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 am That means I was under a false impression...Perhaps you can help me; maybe you can explain to me how I probably or possibly gained that false impression?
I don't know, I'm not a mind reader. Generally speaking, people usually get a false impression when they are ignorant of all the relevant facts, unduly influenced by inaccurate sources or fail to pay adequate attention to what has been said.

JW

RELATED POSTS
When did God's kingdom begin ruling?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 78#p883378

How could Jesus be appointed king in 1914 if he was given "all authority" in 33 CE?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 55#p829355

What is the Kingdom of God's beloved son mentioned at COL 1:13?
viewtopic.php?p=1021500#p1021500

Revelations won
Sage

Post #859

Post by Revelations won »

Dear JW
I am responding to your post #854.

I asked in reference to Revelation 14:6 “When was was this gospel restored by angelic ministry?”

Your answer was: Revelation 14:6 has been fulfilled from 1914 onwards.

You further responded with the following question: “While the passage said the angel HAD good news, we note it does not say he himself communicated that good news directly with any humans?”

My response:

The scripture actually says:

Revelation 14:
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

According to your interpretation it would appear that there had been no need for the angel to bring the everlasting gospel to them the DWELL ON THE EARTH.

Further you responded that Revelation 14:6 said: “The angel mentioned in Rev. 14:6 “HAD good news” the scripture actually says:

My question was who was this angel?

Your response was: “The angel mentioned in Revelation is SYMBOLIC of all the angels that protect and support Jehovah's people in accomplishing their commission of preaching the good news worldwide.”

Since these angels cannot speak or give revelation to mankind, how do they support? How do you claim this to be interpreted as ""Symbolic" ?

You have provided no scriptural evidence to support your private interpretation.

You also claim that revelation has ceased with John the revelator. So the angel in heaven having the everlasting gospel to preach to them on the earth could not do so with your claimed cessation of revelation.

Also before 1914 what was missing? Were people not saved before that date? Do you have evidence to support your private interpretation?

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #860

Revelations won wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:36 pm

Since these angels cannot speak or give revelation to mankind, how do they support?

HEBREAWS 1:14

Are they not all spirits for holy service, sent out to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?
Jacob's vision of God’s angels ascending and descending on on a stairway showed that angels minister in some important way between Jehovah and humans who have his approval (Gen 28:12, 13; John 1:51). While in the past this involved carrying divine messages to faithful servants this was not the only way they helped and supported God's servants.

Daniel and his companion were provided projection in situations that would surely have lead to their death and Philip was directed to an honest hearted individual searching for truth. While we are not individually guaranteed angelic protection, Jesus assured his followers that the good news of the kingdom would be preached around the earth and that he would be with them as they as a group fulfilled this commission. The loyal angels no doubt then play a role in the protection of Jehovah's people as a group from powerful forces that have tried and continue to stop this work and destroy God's people.

Revelation chapter 14 depicts various angels busy working during this the "Lord's day" which began in 1914. Representing the body of perhaps millions of angels that support the preaching work of true Christians, they do not need to speak directly to them to humans to guide them to those that wish to listen to the good news . We cannot know ALL the angels do to "minister" to God's people today, perhaps more will be revealed of their rôle during the millenium, but given the demonic forces against them, there is little doubt the faithful angels are working hard behind the scenes for those in the earthly part of Jehovah's organisation. (compare Eph 6:12).

JW

FURTHER READING All True Christians Are Evangelizers
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002002
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES , PUBLIC PREACHING and ...BIBLE STUDY PROGRAMS,
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:42 am, edited 10 times in total.