The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1391

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:50 pm
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pm My response is that your interpretation of bits of Biblical writ into an elaborate storyline is perhaps incorrect.
Perhaps.
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pm It appears to me to be something which should have been dedicated a whole book to itself that we humans are more fully informed rather than having to reply upon snippets of information built upon snippets of information.
The scriptures are sealed from mankind's understanding, snippets or not.
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pmIf the story is true the way you tell it, then there would be more information available in the Bible, than what there actually is, since such Angelic Beings are so influential and involved with Earth as you claim.
Why would you think that -- even if we could understand the scriptures? Man doesn't even understand his own existence very well. Very little information is given in the scriptures regarding the spiritual bodied world -- as man is not directly involved with that world.

Here is a rare example:

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)

Most Christians believe they have already been born again of the Spirit. Can any of them move as the wind whenever they so desire?
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pmAs it is, the snippets are more likely as not, to being cast from the minds of imaginative humans trying to work out how come bad things happen within something which was supposed to be deemed "Good" by The Creator of said thing, and thus - "some kind of antagonist" must be involved.
I quote snippets to support my claims. To counter my claims you need to quote snippets from the Bible which contradict my claims.

Your claims generally just contain what you personally "think". Ooh, ah! Woopty-do!
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pmI don't think it is necessary to go that far, and religion having done so with their snippets - haven't served the world in any great way, going down that particular rabbit hole.
Of course, they have -- they help seal the scriptures from man's understanding until the time of the end.

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. (Isaiah 29:11-12)

Do you need more snippets proving that the scriptures are sealed until the end of time?
The Scriptures are "sealed" from the "wicked" (Daniel 12:10) and the "kingdom" is sealed from the non-righteous, the "tares" (Mt 13:11). As for the "learned", the "wise and intelligent", "Thou didst hide these things from the wise and intelligent and didst reveal them to babes" (Mt 11:25). First seek "His kingdom, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." (Mt 6:33). "Seek and you shall find" (Mt 7:7-8). Only the "righteous will receive understanding (Daniel 12:10). That would leave the "wicked"/lawless, the believers in the false gospel of grace, the "tares", without understanding. The "parables" are only a veil for the "wicked"/tares, the lawless (Mt 13:41), those that nail the LAW to the pagan cross, which the idolators then produce in gold, silver, wood, and stone image.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1392

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:47 am The Scriptures are "sealed" from the "wicked" (Daniel 12:10) and the "kingdom" is sealed from the non-righteous,
And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. (Isaiah 29:11-12)

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

I see no differentiation in the above verses between the wicked and the righteous.

And even the twelve apostles did not understand the scriptures until Jesus opened their understanding shortly before ascending into heaven:

Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, (Luke 24:45)

Were all twelve of the disciples wicked until that moment, and suddenly become righteous so that they could understand the scriptures?

William
Savant

Post #1393

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1392]

If folk don't understand scripture, then there is no reason to think that they know what they are talking about, when they interpret them to fit with their beliefs and make the claims that they make...

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #1394

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:44 am
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:47 am The Scriptures are "sealed" from the "wicked" (Daniel 12:10) and the "kingdom" is sealed from the non-righteous,

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

I see no differentiation in the above verses between the wicked and the righteous.

And even the twelve apostles did not understand the scriptures until Jesus opened their understanding shortly before ascending into heaven:

Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, (Luke 24:45)

Were all twelve of the disciples wicked until that moment, and suddenly become righteous so that they could understand the scriptures?
As Daniel 12:9-10 stated with regard to the "end time", of which we are in, those with "insight" will understand. Now with regard to the "tares" (Mt 13:30), noted as the "wicked" (Mt 13:47-50), noted as those "who commit lawlessness" (Mt 13:41-42), those that adhere to the message of the "evil one", the "devil" (Mt 13:38), the false gospel of grace, they will not understand, and will be the "first" to be "gathered" and thrown into the furnace of fire (Mt 13:30). Yeshua was to be the "light" through which the LAW and the prophets were to be understood. As for the 12 apostles, apparently Judas (Zech 11:12-13) did not understand he was to sell out for 30 shekels of silver (Zech 11:12), nor did Peter (Zech 11:16-17) understand that he was the "worthless shepherd" who would "shame" his father's house (Is 22:18 & Zech 13:4-7), yet even Judas was sent out to preach the kingdom. It is at the "end of the age" when the "righteous will be separated from the "wicked", and the "wicked thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30 & Mt 13:49-50). Per Matthew 13:11, Yeshua told the "disciples" they were "granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven", at the time he was preaching to the multitudes. Apparently, they didn't know all, for Peter didn't know that he would deny Christ per the prophecy of Zecharia 13:7, but Yeshua did, and that is why he chose Peter and Judas in the first place to fulfill Zech 11. As for the "righteous", they aren't born full of understanding and knowledge. Yeshua said one must seek the truth, and the light leading to the truth is through the "Word", of which Yeshua was the "Word", the bread of life, made flesh. The path to "destruction" was through the false prophets (Mt 7:13-15), and that message was the message of the serpent/dragon/evil one/devil (Mt 13), in which one surely will not die (Genesis 3:4) if they do not keep God's commandments.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1395

Post by myth-one.com »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:34 pm As Daniel 12:9-10 stated with regard to the "end time", of which we are in, those with "insight" will understand.
The end of time cannot occur until the gospel is preached in the entire world:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

And the gospel must first be published among all nations. (Mark 13:10)

This will not be accomplished by man:

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. (Revelation 14:6)

If we are in the end time now as you claim, then the Gospel has been preached in all the world already.

Do you believe that the Gospel has been preached in all the World?

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #1396

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:34 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:34 pm As Daniel 12:9-10 stated with regard to the "end time", of which we are in, those with "insight" will understand.
The end of time cannot occur until the gospel is preached in the entire world:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

And the gospel must first be published among all nations. (Mark 13:10)

This will not be accomplished by man:

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. (Revelation 14:6)

If we are in the end time now as you claim, then the Gospel has been preached in all the world already.

Do you believe that the Gospel has been preached in all the World?
Yeshua has already preached the "kingdom of heaven" in parables, and to the disciples directly, yet even Peter couldn't comprehend that he was going to deny Christ (Zech 13:7), even when told directly. The gospel of hell, the message of the "evil one"/"devil" (Mt 13) has been preached to the whole world in the form of the gospel of lawlessness, the gospel of grace. We are at the "end of the age", approaching the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:1 & 31) whereas it is said "Blow a trumpet in Zion", referring to the Zionist entering Judea starting in 1917 per the Declaration of Balfour, whereas "gather the people" (Joel 2:16), and it will come "about after that", that "I will pour out My Spirit", and "old men will dream dreams" (Joel2:28), such as the head Rabbi of Jerusalem having a dream naming Yeshua as the Christ, which happened around 2007, prior to the "day of the LORD". I am preaching the kingdom of heaven, which is on a worldwide internet which reaches the world as you read. The fact that the tares cannot understand is because they have been deceived by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", which would be the Roman king (beast) Constantine, and his two Christ like leaders, Peter and Paul (Rev 13:14). The world has heard, only they do not understand. The "end" comes after the preaching to the whole world. The preaching goes on, and yet "few" understand, for the "many" (Mt 7:13-15) are under the power of the "evil one" and his false prophet, and his gospel of lawlessness. Those who commit lawlessness will be "gathered" and thrown into the "furnace of fire" at the "end of the age" (Mt 13:30 & 40-42 & 49-50). The "end" refers to the "day of the LORD"/Har-Magedon/time of distress, the kingdom is preached before and until that day. Looking around, apparently "few" understand. The "end time" of Daniel 12 refers to the time of the end, not the "end". There will be those who "understand" and "will shine" and lead "many" to "righteousness" (Daniel 12:3).

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1397

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #1396]

Is your answer a yes or no? I'm guessing it is a "yes".

Since the Gospel has successfully been sealed in the scriptures, how can it be spread to all the world -- being sealed?

Satan lied when he informed Eve that she would live forever, "Ye shall not surely die." Many mainstream Christian Churches have incorporated that lie into their theologies by teaching that mankind is an immortal soul living within a physical body.

This initial false belief that man is born immortal seals the remainder of the Bible from man's understanding -- as the scriptures state repeatedly that mankind is mortal and will perish.

People who hear such "gospels" have not been preached the gospel of the Kingdom of God.

And if every living human in the world was taught that as the gospel truth, the end of times still could not occur until they were preached the unsealed correct Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1398

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:50 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #1396]

Since the Gospel has successfully been sealed in the scriptures, how can it be spread to all the world -- being sealed?

Satan lied when he informed Eve that she would live forever, "Ye shall not surely die." Many mainstream Christian Churches have incorporated that lie into their theologies by teaching that mankind is an immortal soul living within a physical body.

This initial false belief that man is born immortal seals the remainder of the Bible from man's understanding -- as the scriptures state repeatedly that mankind is mortal and will perish.

People who hear such "gospels" have not been preached the gospel of the Kingdom of God.

And if every living human in the world was taught that as the gospel truth, the end of times still could not occur until they were preached the unsealed correct Gospel of the Kingdom of God.

<=====================================>

Although believers are commanded in the Great Commission to preach the Gospel good news to all the world, we will fail in that effort because the scriptures are sealed from our understanding.

An angel sent from God will accomplish this feat shortly before the Second Coming:

Otherwise, the Second Coming could not occur.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #1399

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:50 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #1396]

Yeshua already preached the "kingdom of heaven" in "parables" (Mt 13:11-13). The following parables of Mt 13 are of the "kingdom of heaven", whereas the message of the son of man is the good seed, and the harvest thereof is that of the wheat that is to be put in the barn, right after the tares, the result of the tare seed, which was planted in the same field/book, the message of the "evil one", is "first" gathered and thrown into the "furnace of fire" (Har-Magedon). If you have heard the parables of Mt 13, you have heard the message of the son of man, the gospel of the kingdom. As stated in Mt 13, not all have ears to hear or eyes to see, but those whose eyes have been opened (Mt 13:16). The "everlasting" "kingdom" doesn't start until all the nations of Daniel 2:44-45 have been crushed all at the same time, which happens when the "LORD" brings the nations/Gentiles against Jerusalem (Zech 14:1-2), the land given to Judah/Jews, and the nations are subsequently crushed, and the "survivors" of the nations/Gentiles paying homage to the "king" (Ez 37 & Zech 14), and being ruled by a "rod of iron" (Rev 19:15). The "son of man", a man and not a God, will return "immediately" after the great tribulation (Mt 24:29-31), and gather his "elect". The "elect" go through the tribulation (Mt 24:22) with the caveat, that 144,000 of the sons of Israel/Jacob, are sealed from harm (Rev 7). If Adam had not sinned, he would have not died, for the consequence of sin is death. "Everyone will die for their own iniquities" (Jeremiah 31:30). The lie of the serpent/devil and his false prophet Paul is that "we shall not all sleep/die", which is the lie that the Gentile churches embrace. The message of Daniel was sealed until the "end time" (Dan 12:9). We are in the "end time". If you want to dine on the "bread of life", the "Word of God", and fast for 40 days, as Yeshua did, and if you repent of your sins and traditions, you can possibly gain insight as well. (Mt 4)

William
Savant

Post #1400

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1390]
Why would you think that -- even if we could understand the scriptures? Man doesn't even understand his own existence very well. Very little information is given in the scriptures regarding the spiritual bodied world -- as man is not directly involved with that world.
Perhaps "man is not directly involved with that world" because he chooses not to/deliberately resists doing so?

But, this is not the case for all men.
As it is, the snippets are more likely as not, to being cast from the minds of imaginative humans trying to work out how come bad things happen within something which was supposed to be deemed "Good" by The Creator of said thing, and thus - "some kind of antagonist" must be involved.
I quote snippets to support my claims. To counter my claims you need to quote snippets from the Bible which contradict my claims.

Your claims generally just contain what you personally "think". Ooh, ah! Woopty-do!
True - but not necessarily "Woopty-do".

The Bible is not exempt from "testing the spirits" and I think it is logically possible that what went into the bible [both OT and NT] are selected to favor a certain religious push toward having the average human think of themselves as only what the body produces - rather than seeing themselves as "spirit" engaging within the experience of "being human" as individual personalities who think of themselves as "Spirit" are harder to control, which is religions primary function, regardless of what religion is the main one of the culture one is brought up within.