Why do we no longer keep the Sabbath?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

brianbbs67
Guru

Why do we no longer keep the Sabbath?

Post #1

Post by brianbbs67 »

Show me how God's day of rest was changed by Him. I have studied Theology and read Tanakh, KJ, Strong's, Thomson, NKJ and many others. God says he does not change, why would his day? All of my study, shows that there are lots of beliefs, some right to me , others not. But, since Peter's church worshipped on the Sabbath, why are we not?

Constantine decreed Sunday. Roman church(325) approved and adopted "christmas" and other pagan traditions.

If we follow as Christ instructed, known of this would hold water. I am sure this has been covered before, but I am truly curious.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #161

Post by brianbbs67 »

Yahwehismywitness wrote: Peter did not loose dietary law go ahead and eat dead skin and parasites sounds tasty does it not? As they say you are what you eat.

There is good dietary reasons for not eating unclean things that is unless you like dead skin and parasite diet.
This doesn't pertain to the topic, but is correct. If Peter thought that all meat was clean, he would not have wondered what his dream meant.

rstrats
Scholar

Post #162

Post by rstrats »

brianbbs67,
re: "If Peter thought that all meat was clean, he would not have wondered what his dream meant."

And even if he did think all meat was now clean I wonder why he wouldn't have been shouting it from the roof tops since that would have increased their available food sources by a considerable amount?

But as you say, that's an issue for a different topic. I wonder why Yahwehismywitness thought it was appropriate to post his comment in a topic about the Sabbath?