Where was god????

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Where was god????

Post #1

Post by Donray »

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people — the youngest of them just 18 months old — occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation� involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

People must have been prying to God then they were killed in his church.

Why did God allow this and not listen to prays?

JP Cusick
Guru

Re: > Where was god????

Post #51

Post by JP Cusick »

JP Cusick wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: Are you attempting to misquote the bible? The words you said (in blue above) are not in Genesis 2:17; the words " He created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil" are not found in Genesis 2:17. Indeed the words "created" and "without" are nowhere to be seen in that scripture.
Donray said = God gave the tree of knowledge but told Adam and Eve not to eat of that poisoned knowledge, so he does make a credible point that Adam and Eve did not have that knowledge at the first.

If you JW have some Biblical reference that says otherwise then please do share it - because I too do not know of any contradiction to it in the Bible.
Just to clarify:

I believe what JW is trying to say is that Adam and Eve knew right from wrong, because God told then not to eat of the poisoned knowledge.

And that is correct about knowing right from wrong, but the tree had a different kind of knowledge which was poisoned.

So Adam and Even broke the commandment because they knew it was wrong.

The poisoned "knowledge of good and bad" is a totally different subject then is right from wrong.

Many people make the obvious mistake as viewing "good and bad" to be synonymous with "right and wrong" while the two (2) views are not the same at all.

The poisoned knowledge of good and bad (the word "evil" is not accurate) is the mentality of judging by quality which is still poisoned today, but judging "right and wrong" is judging the actions which is not poisoned and it does not kill us.

The monster man who shot up that Church had no regard for right from wrong, but it is entirely understandable that he saw that Church as "bad" and he saw shooting the people as a "good" thing, because that is how the poisoned knowledge works.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #52

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 45 by paarsurrey1]

"Islam revives and reforms all religions and Muhammad is the corrective prophet/messenger and Quran the corrective Recitation that confirms the Truth revealed to founders of all great religions and that they all, the founders, were truthful persons but their founders could not keep the message intact in its pristine, pure and secure form. Right, please? "

This is totally unacceptable to Christianity*.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End".
Rev. 1:8

Does one mean the *Pauline-Christianity, please?
If yes, it does not belong to Jesus or his true teachings. Jesus never started a religion called "Christianity", it was:

~ started by Paul with a fictional vision when Jesus along with Mary had gone out of Judea lest he is caught and killed again.
~Paul doctored the anonymous Gospels and named them after Jesus' disciples only to mislead Jesus followers from Jesus.
~Paul elevated Jesus by giving Jesus a fictional god-head from the fictional expression that Jesus died on the Cross and was raised from the dead.
~Paul propagated that Jesus had fictionally ascended to heaven and sat on the right hand of God.
~Paul fictionally propagated that Jesus died on the Cross to save the sinful Pauline-Christians from sins/death. How could one who could not save himself from the "fictional death", could save others.

Jesus had got nothing to do with the teachings of Pauline-Christianity, please.
Right, please?

Quran corrects and brings forth the true teachings of Jesus and Mary, that Jesus believed in and acted upon. So, Muhammad is the truthful corrective prophet/messenger of One-True-God and serves the Jesus' followers to revive and reform their religion, please. Right, please?

Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #53

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 51 by JP Cusick]

The point is all we know for sure is the name of the tree. Everyone is entitled to their OPINION about what we should understand from the name, you say some kind of poison in the tree, others say it means that Adam & Eve had no notion of good or bad, etc etc.

But it is an interpretation and nobody is obliged to accept anyone elses opinon on this matter. It seems to me what Donray was saying was "since MY interpretation of the text is right, you have to accept the implications of my interpreation"; My response is, no I don't accept your interpretation so obviously I don't have to accept the implications thereof.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #54

Post by JP Cusick »

JP Cusick wrote: My view of where was God at that Church shooting is mostly negative - because that Baptist Church preaches a false and despicable message of their monster God and the Baptist continually reject the truth when they have been told the truth for a long long time, and now their own monster God came to call them home, and we also know that there were warning signs about the shooter long before he ever committed that atrocity and the people let the monster man go on, and we live in an evil society which glamorizes violence, so many people share the blame and guilt of this horrific crime.

The place where I see God is that there were some 20 people who were only wounded, and the two (2) heroes who chased down the shooter - that was God in action.

And to blame God for this ignores the huge reality that our own people still go onward with the lies and the rejection of truth and the promotion of violence as if nothing happened to change our evil ways.

Why blame God for what we people continue to do? it did not stop - it goes on and on.
:idea:
JP Cusick wrote: The monster man who shot up that Church had no regard for right from wrong, but it is entirely understandable that he saw that Church as "bad" and he saw shooting the people as a "good" thing, because that is how the poisoned knowledge works.
Bump for my response to the thread topic.

:!:
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian: