Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforter?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comforter?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/"Comforter"/"Spirit of truth*" Jesus foretold?

Anybody or everybody in the forum, please

Regards

______
Just to quote for easy reference, please:

JP Cusick wrote: Thread "No-MiddleMan Movement"
"Discussion around the traces of middlemen in each religion"
Debating Christianity and Religion Forum Index -> Theology, Doctrine, and Dogma

Post 9:
marco wrote:

But not doctored to the extent that it debars some Muslims from claiming that it predicts Muhammad. When John says that Jesus will send " allon paraklēton," another Paraclete from heaven, some construe this as meaning, seven centuries later, an Arab trader will be that very messenger. So John has his uses.
JP Cusick wrote:
Thank you Marco as I never knew about that interpretation and I like that.

John 14:
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
-

So Muhammad and the Qur'an would be that other "comforter" that "allon paraklēton" and by happening in the year 632 CE, which is the end of 600 years which marks the beginning of a 700th century Sabbath, and God does seem to embrace numbers as significant markers.

The "*spirit of truth" is what matters, and the Qur'an does make correction where Christianity had already gone astray.

Marco got it right in this case - cheers to this.

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

JP Cusick
Guru

> Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Comfort

Post #11

Post by JP Cusick »

Prince wrote: No, Muhammad was not the Holy Spirit because He did not glorify the son of man by declaring what is His.

The Holy Spirit takes from what belongs to God and declares it.

John 16:13,14

"When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what He hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you."
There is no claim that Muhammad is the Holy Spirit - that is just trying to force the Christian view as accurate which is not sensible.

The Holy Spirit came through Muhammad as the one who came later preaching from the Spirit of Truth.

The old wrong Christian interpretation of the text needs to be corrected in order to see the truth.

And history tells us true that by 600 CE Christianity had gone over the deep end into idolatry and misdirection, and then Muhammad showed up as the prophet of God as a testament to the wayward people.
SIGNATURE:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #12

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 7 by paarsurrey1]

Allah sent Mohammad- correct?
When someone is chosen as a prophet/messenger by One-True-God/YHVH/Allah, though he is born here, it is proverbially said that he has been sent by God. Yes, in this sense Muhammad was sent by God with a message for all humanity. And Muhammad was a corrective Messenger/Prophet of One-True-God, he was to correct the teachings given to all other prophets/messengers in the whole world that had got changed/corrupted through the debris of time, their followers could not keep them in pristine and secure form.

Muhammad the Corrective-Messenger/Prophet has been sent with the
Corrective-Recitation/Quran*, as Muhammad was sent at an epoch-making and turning point in the history of man when the world was to become like a Village and they needed a spiritual leader that could confirm the truthfulness of their tribal/regional founders** they were familiar with, as well as lead them spiritually in the new era:

[2:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[2:2] Alif Lam Mim.
[2:3] This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous,
[2:4] Who believe in the unseen and observe Prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;^
[2:5] And who believe in that which has been revealed to thee, and that which was revealed before thee, and they have firm faith in what is yet to come.
[2:6] It is they who follow the guidance of their Lord and it is they who shall prosper.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... r.php?ch=2

*Please see verse [2:3] above.
**Please see verse [2:5] above.
^Spiritual guidance, please see verse [2:4]

Regards

Prince
Scholar

Re: > Isn't Muhammad the "Paraclete"/ "Com

Post #13

Post by Prince »

JP Cusick wrote:
Prince wrote: No, Muhammad was not the Holy Spirit because He did not glorify the son of man by declaring what is His.

The Holy Spirit takes from what belongs to God and declares it.

John 16:13,14

"When he comes, the spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own but will speak what He hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because he will take from what is mine and declare it to you."
There is no claim that Muhammad is the Holy Spirit - that is just trying to force the Christian view as accurate which is not sensible.

The Holy Spirit came through Muhammad as the one who came later preaching from the Spirit of Truth.

The old wrong Christian interpretation of the text needs to be corrected in order to see the truth.

And history tells us true that by 600 CE Christianity had gone over the deep end into idolatry and misdirection, and then Muhammad showed up as the prophet of God as a testament to the wayward people.
The spirit of truth takes from what belongs to the Son of man and glorifies Him.

Did Muhammad do this ?

The Muslim faith is about loving others isn't that correct ?

Pretty much like others, no ?

As the Son of man says; "Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth."

" Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve. "

phlegmnoire
Student

Post #14

Post by phlegmnoire »

JP Cusick wrote:

We know from John 14:26 that John's Paraclete is the Holy Spirit: "But the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #15

Post by JP Cusick »

phlegmnoire wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: And history tells us true that by 600 CE Christianity had gone over the deep end into idolatry and misdirection, and then Muhammad showed up as the prophet of God as a testament to the wayward people.
We know from John 14:26 that John's Paraclete is the Holy Spirit: "But the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
This is the part of the text that decides the case for me = He will remind you of everything.

At that time of 600 CE, then Rome had fallen and Christianity was left standing with a bunch of false doctrines, as like the nonsense of a Trinity and claiming Jesus to be God and the Heaven / Hell nonsense, and the Church Theocracy, and all the false teachings which did not come from the Gospel nor from Jesus nor from Paul, so then came Muhammad in 600 CE telling humanity to "remember" the truth as told by the Prophets and the Saints.

Christianity had gone off-track and Islam became the reminder of the truth which Christianity had forgotten.

When we read the Holy Qur'an it repeatedly throughout keeps referring to Jesus (Isa in Aramaic) and to the old Prophets and Saints, as in Abraham and Jonah and Mary and etc etc etc.
SIGNATURE:

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #16

Post by paarsurrey1 »

JP Cusick wrote:
phlegmnoire wrote:
JP Cusick wrote: And history tells us true that by 600 CE Christianity had gone over the deep end into idolatry and misdirection, and then Muhammad showed up as the prophet of God as a testament to the wayward people.
This is the part of the text that decides the case for me = He will remind you of everything.

At that time of 600 CE, then Rome had fallen and Christianity was left standing with a bunch of false doctrines, as like the nonsense of a Trinity and claiming Jesus to be God and the Heaven / Hell nonsense, and the Church Theocracy, and all the false teachings which did not come from the Gospel nor from Jesus nor from Paul, so then came Muhammad in 600 CE telling humanity to "remember" the truth as told by the Prophets and the Saints.

Christianity had gone off-track and Islam became the reminder of the truth which Christianity had forgotten.

When we read the Holy Qur'an it repeatedly throughout keeps referring to Jesus (Isa in Aramaic) and to the old Prophets and Saints, as in Abraham and Jonah and Mary and etc etc etc.
One name of Quran/Recitation is Reminder:

[3:59] That is what We recite unto thee of the Signs and the wise Reminder.
[3:60] Surely, the case of Jesus with Allah is like the case of Adam. He created him out of dust, then He said to him, ‘Be!,’ and he was.
[3:61] This is the truth from thy Lord, so be thou not of those who doubt.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... 3&verse=58

Regards

Prince
Scholar

Post #17

Post by Prince »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
phlegmnoire wrote:

[3:60] Surely, the case of Jesus with Allah is like the case of Adam. He created him out of dust, then He said to him, ‘Be!,’ and he was.

Regards
Notice it says he will remind you of everything I have said to you. It is the same as the spirit of truth glorifying Him by taking from what is His and declaring it. In other words speaking His words to them and teaching as the Son of man taught.

Did Muhammad do so ?

I have not seen it.

Jesus said to continue in His word.

Did Muhammad do so ?

I have not seen it.

Remember, "The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved.

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #18

Post by JP Cusick »

Prince wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
JP Cusick wrote:
phlegmnoire wrote:

Regards
Notice it says he will remind you of everything I have said to you. It is the same as the spirit of truth glorifying Him by taking from what is His and declaring it. In other words speaking His words to them and teaching as the Son of man taught.

Did Muhammad do so ?

I have not seen it.

Jesus said to continue in His word.

Did Muhammad do so ?

I have not seen it.

Remember, "The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved.
All you need do is to look and see.

The comment by "phlegmnoire" gives the Bible text, then I give the specific details, then "paarsurrey1" gives the reference to the Qur'an, so it is right there for any one to look and to see.
SIGNATURE:

Prince
Scholar

Post #19

Post by Prince »

[Replying to post 18 by JP Cusick]

No. Muhammad said to remember what the prophets and saints said but did not quote them.

To quote is to remind.

As it is written;

"Walk in my presence and be blameless", says the Lord

That is how to remind and keep the ways of the Lord.

" Keep the ways of the Lord by doing what is right and just. "

marco
Savant

Post #20

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
Wootah wrote: Paarsurrey1 who sent Mohammad?
Muhammad was born to Abdullah and Amna in Mecca:

"Muhammad[n 1] (Arabic: محمد‎; pronounced [muħammad];[n 2] c. 570 CE – 8 June 632 CE)[1] is the prophet and founder of Islam.[2][3] According to Islamic doctrine, he was God's Messenger, sent to confirm the essential teachings of monotheism preached previously by Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets.[3][4][5][6] "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad
* final or last in status

Regards
According to Muhammad, Muhammad was God's final prophet. Many Arabs, seeing that Muhammad won victories for them, chose to believe what Muhammad said. There is no Biblical indication that Christ, having failed, would be replaced by a superior prophet. The rise of Muhammad came about because of the declining Roman Empire and by conquest people were subdued. Through war victories , Muhammad's creed prevailed. Islam, which is a political system rather than a religion, nearly overran Europe but was thankfully stopped at the borders of France. It is sarcastically called a "religion of peace."

Today we are suffering in the West from the dangerous doctrine that the soldier-trader, the very earthly Muhammad, passed on to us.