Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Bible verses Pope. Who is wrong?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Is the Bible or the Pope in error here?

Romans 3:23 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
" since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

OR

Ineffabilis Deus
Apostolic Constitution of Pope Pius IX on the Immaculate Conception (December 8, 1854)
“Therefore, far above all the angels and all the saints so wondrously did God endow her with the abundance of all heavenly gifts poured from the treasury of his divinity that this mother, ever absolutely free of all stain of sin, all fair and perfect, would possess that fullness of holy innocence and sanctity than which, under God, one cannot even imagine anything greater, and which, outside of God, no mind can succeed in comprehending fully.�

paarsurrey1
Sage

Re: Bible verses Pope. Who is wrong?

Post #21

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 19 by Divine Insight]
Divine Insight
I see this as Jesus saying that out of every 100 people who go to heaven 99 of them get there based on their own merit. And only 1 person in 100 needs to repent in order to get in.

So realistically it makes sense that I would most likely be in the 99% anyway. If I needed to repent I would be the odd-ball-out.

Jesus guaranteed nobody for going to heaven and nobody could provide such a guarantee to any person:

[2:256] Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... &verse=255

Right, please?

Regards

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #22

Post by Divine Insight »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 19 by Divine Insight]
Divine Insight
I see this as Jesus saying that out of every 100 people who go to heaven 99 of them get there based on their own merit. And only 1 person in 100 needs to repent in order to get in.

So realistically it makes sense that I would most likely be in the 99% anyway. If I needed to repent I would be the odd-ball-out.

Jesus guaranteed nobody for going to heaven and nobody could provide such a guarantee to any person:

[2:256] Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
https://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/s ... &verse=255

Right, please?

Regards
Yes, you are correct. The fairy tale written by Muhammad does say that.

However, what you fail to realize is that even that fairy tale does not negate what I have already said. Even Muhammad wrote: "He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases."

So who are you to say that it does not please Allah that I should know that my destiny is heaven? :-k

See, you aren't even paying attention to the fairy tales that you read.

Besides, are you claiming that it is necessary to worship Jesus as God in order to get into heaven???

If not, then how could you possibly have a problem with my interpretations of what the prophet Jesus had taught? :-k

The problem I see with religious people of any of the Abrahamic religions is that they refuse to believe their own Holy Books.

You just posted the answer that confirms my understanding. "He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases."

Who are you to say that it doesn't please Allah that I know of my eternal destiny?

There is nothing you can say against my understanding of either of these fairy tales.

In fact, for you to even suggest otherwise flies in the face of the very verses that you have just posted from the Qur'an. You seem to think that you know something of Allah. But according to your Holy Book you can only know what pleases him.

So you aren't in any position to be suggesting, implying, or insinuating what others might know of Allah. What they know of Allah pleases Allah.

Therefore Allah has revealed to me through Jesus precisely as I have described, so that I can know my eternal destiny. Because this pleases Allah that I should be blessed with this knowledge.

If you don't know your eternal fate, it can only be because it does not please Allah that you should know.

So your understanding of Allah is yours. My understanding of Allah is mine.

I don't question your understanding. If you don't know your eternal fate I accept that as Allah's choice. Perhaps there's a reason he would prefer that you do not know?

Obviously in my case, it pleases Allah that I know my destiny is heaven.

All you can do at this point is agree with me. To do otherwise requires that you claim to know what Allah knows. But you just posted scripture from the Qur'an that suggests that you don't know what Allah knows. So you aren't in any position to speak for Allah or even try to guess what Allah might know. You, my friend, are in the dark according to your own Holy Book.

Right, please?
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #23

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 22 by Divine Insight]

Sorry, one got me wrong . I don't judge anybody. I was just telling one that there is no guarantee for anyone to go to heaven.

Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #24

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Divine Insight:
Besides, are you claiming that it is necessary to worship Jesus as God in order to get into heaven???
Sorry, I never said that one should worship Jesus as God. Did I, please?
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #25

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Divine Insight:
Yes, you are correct. The fairy tale written by Muhammad does say that.
Please don't be angry, there are no fairy tales in Quran- The Recitation descended on Muhammad from One-True-God/Allah.
Which fairy tale is in one's mind, please? Kindly quote from Quran, please. Right, please?

Regards

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #26

Post by Divine Insight »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 22 by Divine Insight]

Sorry, one got me wrong . I don't judge anybody. I was just telling one that there is no guarantee for anyone to go to heaven.

Regards
But you aren't in a position to make that demand of Allah. If Allah wants to guarantee someone their place in heaven you are not in any position to argue with Allah.
[center]Image
[/center]

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #27

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Divine Insight wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 22 by Divine Insight]

Regards
But you aren't in a position to make that demand of Allah. If Allah wants to guarantee someone their place in heaven you are not in any position to argue with Allah.
Of course, it is between you and Allah. I just friendly informed one about what Allah has said about the issue. Peace.

Regards

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #28

Post by Divine Insight »

paarsurrey1 wrote: Of course, it is between you and Allah. I just friendly informed one about what Allah has said about the issue. Peace.

Regards
Exactly. And I just friendly informed you that the verse you posted allows Allah to share whatever knowledge he pleases with anyone.

So you haven't pointed out anything that I didn't already know.

Your claim that no one can know their eternal destiny isn't compatible with the verse you posted. If it pleases Allah for them to know, then there's no problem with them knowing. :D
[center]Image
[/center]

marco
Savant

Post #29

Post by marco »

Divine Insight wrote:
marco wrote: But if we pretend to subscribe to Biblical lore, she was the Mother of God.
That's impossible. God already existed prior to Mary giving birth to Jesus.
Impossible is a piece of human clothing. With God, all things are possible. If, as many believe, Jesus is the second person of the Trinity, truly God, then Mary as his mother was the mother of God. Of course we can dispute Christ's divinity, but I said I was going by Biblical lore and there the impossible is commonplace.

marco
Savant

Post #30

Post by marco »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
there are no fairy tales in Quran- The Recitation descended on Muhammad from One-True-God/Allah.
Which fairy tale is in one's mind, please? Kindly quote from Quran, please. Right, please?
An Arab adventurer claims he's heard God and spouts a whole lot of talk, some concerning him and his wives. And he says this is all God's babble. Many would consider this rubbish but SOME people believe it. Why? Because they were born into that belief system.

Roman Catholics believe bread is flesh of Christ, wine his blood. Muslims believe the Quran is God's dictation. Humans have an infinite capacity for believing the impossible.