Even if Jesus is mediator between God and man..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Even if Jesus is mediator between God and man..

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

If Jesus is mediator between God and man, should the mediator be worshiped? Should he be Divinized?

Is this what Jesus intended, his own glorification?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Even if Jesus is mediator between God and man..

Post #41

Post by 2timothy316 »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Elijah John]

Well err yes. How does Jesus as a man pay for sins against God?
Through perfect obedience. While Adam was sinless and perfect he did not obey Jehovah. Jesus was also sinless and perfect but he did obey. Jesus repaid to his Father a debt that no sinful flesh can accomplish. Since both Adam and Eve sinned nothing perfect can come from something corrupted. Thus none of their offspring could ever have what is needed to legally repay the debt owed to Jehovah. Jehovah understands that none of A&E's offspring chose to be in the condition they are in now. So He provided a legal way for us to be made clean from the sin A&E dumped on us and God can keep perfect justice.

Adam was the “one man� through whom sin and death “entered into the world.� Thus “by the trespass of the one man death ruled as king.� Paul added that “the abundance of [God’s] undeserved kindness� came about “through the one person, Jesus Christ.� (Rom. 5:12, 15, 17) And that undeserved kindness has resulted in good for all mankind. “Through the obedience of the one person [Jesus] many will be made righteous.� Actually, God’s undeserved kindness can lead to “everlasting life through Jesus Christ.�​—Rom. 5:19, 21.

With Jesus' obedience, even to his death, the curse of sin can now be legally lifted. The inclination in humans to rebel will be eliminated. The enmity that Adam passed on will be removed thanks to Jehovah's plan and to Jesus' willingness and obedience to pay for that what we can't. Though I love and honor Jesus for doing what he did, that doesn't mean that he should ever be worshiped above Jehovah God. Jesus deserves honor and glory but Jehovah sets the bar of honor and glory on anyone. Going beyond that bar is what got humanity in trouble in the first place when Adam sought more glory for himself by wanting to choose for himself what is right and what is wrong. We can avoid that mistake by not giving Jesus more than what God has bestowed on him.