God's Attributes

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

theleftone

God's Attributes

Post #1

Post by theleftone »

Cathar1950 wrote:What is Gods power? Why is he called all-powerful or all-knowing or omni-present? Why does God have these attributes and where is he attributed them in the bible?
Cathar1950 asked about the attributes of God and where these ideas about God come from. I thought it'd be good to move such a discussion to a new thread in TDD.

Questions for debate.
1. What are the attributes of God?
2. Where are these ideas found in Scripture?
3. Where are these ideas found in doctrinal history? (Jewish/Christian)

adlemi
Apprentice

Re: God is not the scriptures..........

Post #11

Post by adlemi »

KnowJah wrote:
adlemi wrote:My Good Pastor and Teacher is the Lord Jesus Christ himself who comes in to our life and it is from Him (the Lord) that I learn that the bible is not His totally actual written word
Matthew 22:29: Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
You are totally out of context because even the bible in the book of John chapter 10 testifies to us today that Jesus is the Good Pastor of all. Where is your faith in God?

KnowJah
Student

Post #12

Post by KnowJah »

adlemi wrote:
Matthew 22:29: Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
You are totally out of context because even the bible in the book of John chapter 10 testifies to us today that Jesus is the Good Pastor of all. Where is your faith in God?[/quote]

Actualy you are the one totally out of context. I'm not dissproving the fact that Jesus is the Good Pastor. I'm quoting it because you are wrong when you said Jesus told you the scriptures arent true.

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by adlemi »

KnowJah wrote:
adlemi wrote:
You are totally out of context because even the bible in the book of John chapter 10 testifies to us today that Jesus is the Good Pastor of all. Where is your faith in God?
KnowJah wrote:Actualy you are the one totally out of context. I'm not dissproving the fact that Jesus is the Good Pastor. I'm quoting it because you are wrong when you said Jesus told you the scriptures arent true.
You quoted me with my subject matter as the Good Pastor who teaches us but you answered with a verse in the bible. I am speaking on how God is existing today as the Good Pastor who teaches us that the bible is not totally His written word and a verse from the bible may not be able to disprove or deny it because the bible is not God. Further, what I said is "the bible is not His totally actual written word" and not as "Jesus told me the scriptures arent true", please see to it that you quote the statement/s properly.

KnowJah
Student

Post #14

Post by KnowJah »

How does Jesus "talk to you?" And why do call him Pastor and Teacher if those are the terms in the bible?

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by adlemi »

KnowJah wrote:How does Jesus "talk to you?" And why do call him Pastor and Teacher if those are the terms in the bible?
The Lord God Jesus Christ is talking to us in a similar manner when He manifested in the flesh though in our case, only at random mode and not in continuous mode as we can read from the bible during His incarnation period here on earth.
The Lord said to us the following:

"I Am the Pastor. I Am the Good Pastor. Keep in your mind that there are no others who will teach you except Me. If ever that you will be explaining with each other, same will only be in accordance with your will, same will be in accordance with your own thinking. Hence, keep in your mind that whosoever will act being a pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away My post being the Good Pastor, who will act being a leader of My Church, he is doing iniquity and snatching away my post being the Good Pastor because you are only human beings, those of you who act as pastors, those of you who teach and standing up in front of many people, those of you who are doers of iniquities, those of you who cast out devils in My name. Keep in your mind that in My Second coming, many will call to Me saying, Lord, Lord, didn’t we do powerful works and in your name we cast out devils, we did healing. But keep in your mind, I will say to them, never at any time do I know you, I do not know you at any time, those of you who are habitual workers of iniquity, those of you who are casting out devils. Keep in your mind that if you cast out devils, you are snatching away the title role which properly belongs to Me only. If there is any being possessed by demon that you may encounter, you should only pray to Me and in that manner I Am ready to hear your prayer and I will hear your every plea that you will whisper to Me, that you will shout, that you will pray to. I will help you and I will never forsake you at any time much more to those people who are with Me and who follow Me."

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #16

Post by McCulloch »

KnowJah wrote:How does Jesus "talk to you?" And why do call him Pastor and Teacher if those are the terms in the bible?
Do you ask Paul how Jesus talked to him? Do you ask Moses how God talked to him? Why do you doubt God?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #17

Post by adlemi »

McCulloch wrote:
Do you ask Paul how Jesus talked to him? Do you ask Moses how God talked to him? Why do you doubt God?
Please be cautious that with God, doubting God is a sin against God in the mega-superlative degree.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by McCulloch »

McCulloch wrote:Do you ask Paul how Jesus talked to him? Do you ask Moses how God talked to him? Why do you doubt God?
adlemi wrote:Please be cautious that with God, doubting God is a sin against God in the mega-superlative degree.
My point was that Christians accept that God spoke directly to Abraham. Christians accept that God spoke directly to Moses. Christians accept that God spoke directly to Paul. Yet they behave as if except for a collection of writings called the Bible, their God has been mute for the last two millenia. Why is that? Did God say in the Bible that this is the last word until his triumphant return?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #19

Post by adlemi »

McCulloch wrote:[quote="McCulloch]]My point was that Christians accept that God spoke directly to Abraham. Christians accept that God spoke directly to Moses. Christians accept that God spoke directly to Paul. Yet they behave as if except for a collection of writings called the Bible, their God has been mute for the last two millenia. Why is that?
Actually there is no truth in their belief that God is not speaking anymore with people today. It is only their understanding of the bible and it does not come directly from God. You have a very good point in this area.
McCulloch wrote: Did God say in the Bible that this is the last word until his triumphant return?
This is not true either, and the Lord God is even asking them now if He ( the Lord) did tell anyone then to study from the bible and/or to learn from the bible? The Lord God himself is still the One personally talking to the believers today.

melikio
Guru

Doubt?

Post #20

Post by melikio »

adlemi,
Please be cautious that with God, doubting God is a sin against God in the mega-superlative degree.
What exactly do you mean by "...doubting God..."?

Are you implying that people either cannot or should not "doubt" God?

-Mel-
"It is better to BE more like Jesus and assume to speak less for God." -MA-