The size of Heaven

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

QED
Prodigy

The size of Heaven

Post #1

Post by QED »

I understand that Revelation chapters 21 and 22 give the size of Heaven as 12,000 furlongs cubed. A furlong being 1/8 th of a mile makes Heaven some 1500 miles in all directions. In terms of area this I believe is something like 2/3 the size of the US. But what is the relevance of such a literal space? It cannot be there to accommodate ordinary matter, after all, all living things on Earth are recycled through the Carbon Cycle -- with all the materials (apart from a tiny contribution from impacting objects from space) being laid down during the formation of the Solar System. Materials on this planet are therefore neither depleted or replenished.

So what is the physical space of Heaven, so carefully defined by the Bible, actually required for?

adlemi
Apprentice

Re: The size of Heaven

Post #2

Post by adlemi »

QED wrote:I understand that Revelation chapters 21 and 22 give the size of Heaven as 12,000 furlongs cubed. A furlong being 1/8 th of a mile makes Heaven some 1500 miles in all directions. In terms of area this I believe is something like 2/3 the size of the US. But what is the relevance of such a literal space? It cannot be there to accommodate ordinary matter, after all, all living things on Earth are recycled through the Carbon Cycle -- with all the materials (apart from a tiny contribution from impacting objects from space) being laid down during the formation of the Solar System. Materials on this planet are therefore neither depleted or replenished.

So what is the physical space of Heaven, so carefully defined by the Bible, actually required for?
Only the Lord God Jesus Christ himself can give us the accurate description of heaven but the bible cannot give it to us accurately. The Lord said that the New heaven will be the Eden of Paradise which will come down from the Kingdom of God and it will be a planet, a big planet for the saved ones. Also,another big planet of hell will be formed by all exploded heavenly bodies in the whole universe including our earth, this will be of fire and boiling water for the unsaved.

QED
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by QED »

adlemi wrote:Only the Lord God Jesus Christ himself can give us the accurate description of heaven but the bible cannot give it to us accurately. The Lord said that the New heaven will be the Eden of Paradise which will come down from the Kingdom of God and it will be a planet, a big planet for the saved ones. Also,another big planet of hell will be formed by all exploded heavenly bodies in the whole universe including our earth, this will be of fire and boiling water for the unsaved.
The Lord talked about Planets? I didn't know that the nature of such things were properly appreciated in biblical times. However planets, like walled cities, provide physical spaces for physical things. My original query still applies -- if all the physical stuff remains on this planet then what are these places for?

I notice that Hell gets to be much larger; all the exploded heavenly bodies in the whole universe. This would far exceed both the Chandrasekhar and Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff limit limits leading to a massive black hole. Nobody's going to feel a thing in there!

adlemi
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by adlemi »

QED wrote:
QED wrote:if all the physical stuff remains on this planet then what are these places for?
The sad reality is that this planet of ours will explode, too, in the judgment day and all things will be consumed with fire leaving nothing but fire and boiling water. This will planet will be the last one to explode and to merge with those exploded ones to give way for the formation of planet Hell.
QED wrote:I notice that Hell gets to be much larger; all the exploded heavenly bodies in the whole universe. This would far exceed both the Chandrasekhar and Tolman-Oppenheimer-Volkoff limit limits leading to a massive black hole. Nobody's going to feel a thing in there!
The Lord is the architect of this planet Hell and let us just wait in due time as to how will this planet looks like after our very own eyes.