JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #551

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:47 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:14 pm [Replying to tam in post #541]

The dead will of necessity be "re-created" because usually there is nothing left of them in the grave or wherever they have died (like the Titanic victims, though their death site could be considered their "grave"). It is a scientific fact that every 7 years or so our cells in our bodies are completely new. Our cells are renewed and are not the exact same cells as the years before. When Jehovah brings the dead back to life they will receive new cells just like living persons do every few years when they are alive. Jehovah knows every minute thing about people and can re-create them to just as they were before death, though without infirmities. When dead, they exist only in the mind of Jehovah, and it's AS IF they are alive, to him.
Christians will be resurrected with everlasting spiritual bodies at the Second coming. Christians alive at the time of the Second Coming will also be born of the Spirit as spirits and meet them in the air.

A thousand years later, all deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected as humans once again and face the final judgment.

Following judgment, those whose names are written in the Book of Life will be born again as spirits.

Those whose names are not written in the Book of Life will suffer their second and everlasting death in the lake of fire.

The age of mankind will then be over, as there will no longer be any living humans.
Only a relatively few will be resurrected to heaven---144,000---from the earth. The rest of us will remain on the earth in physical bodies. The dead will rise in physical bodies. This is a great gift to mankind....to be able to live here in Paradise forever in healthy physical bodies, to carry on with our lives as we would like to now though now we find ourselves limited by sicknesses, exhaustion, etc.

"The righteous will inherit the earth and live on it forever." (Psalm 37:29)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #552

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 pm"The righteous will inherit the earth and live on it forever." (Psalm 37:29)
Correct.

But they will no longer have natural physical bodies!!

Referring to deceased Christian's human bodies, the Bible states that they are sown (or buried) as natural physical bodies, but resurrected as spiritual immortal bodies:

1 Corinthians 15:44
It (the deceased Christian body) is sown (or buried) a natural body; it is raised (or resurrected and born again of the Spirit) as a spiritual body.

Natural bodies all perish.

Only spiritual bodies live forever!

So the righteous referred to in Psalm 37:29 will not be humans, but former human believers who will be born again of the Spirit (God).

And that being which is born of the Spirit is a spirit!

We (human Christians) will have become equal unto the angels and thus live forever on the earth, replacing the angels who revolted against God and left their first estate -- the good earth.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #553

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:11 pm
kjw47 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:24 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:47 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:14 pm [Replying to tam in post #541]

The dead will of necessity be "re-created" because usually there is nothing left of them in the grave or wherever they have died (like the Titanic victims, though their death site could be considered their "grave"). It is a scientific fact that every 7 years or so our cells in our bodies are completely new. Our cells are renewed and are not the exact same cells as the years before. When Jehovah brings the dead back to life they will receive new cells just like living persons do every few years when they are alive. Jehovah knows every minute thing about people and can re-create them to just as they were before death, though without infirmities. When dead, they exist only in the mind of Jehovah, and it's AS IF they are alive, to him.
Christians will be resurrected with everlasting spiritual bodies at the Second coming. Christians alive at the time of the Second Coming will also be born of the Spirit as spirits and meet them in the air.

A thousand years later, all deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected as humans once again and face the final judgment.

Following judgment, those whose names are written in the Book of Life will be born again as spirits.

Those whose names are not written in the Book of Life will suffer their second and everlasting death in the lake of fire.

The age of mankind will then be over, as there will no longer be any living humans.
Actually the bible teaches that during the trib the remaining members of the little flock( Luke 12:32) will be changed in the twinkling of an eye to heaven-They are the 144,000 of Rev 14:3=The bride of Christ. These will rule on thrones as kings and priests beside Jesus Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6--The ones who lived in Jesus day or died prior to the trib are apart of the first resurrection Rev 20:6)
Nowhere in the bible is the great crowd which no man can number promised heaven--These are the only other ones getting saved, thus have these promises-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:39)--Prov 2:21-22 and Matt 24:22 assures they are not leaving the earth but will be brought through the trib and armageddon on earth.
No more living humans--Run from whomever taught you that untruth-(Psalm 37:29--The righteous themselves will possess the earth and reside FOREVER upon it.. Matt 5:5 Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the EARTH. Try believing Jesus.
I should run from the scriptures?

That wouldn't be wise. Best to learn from the real teachers that Jesus appointed.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #554

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 amNo more living humans--Run from whomever taught you that untruth . . .
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 amThat wouldn't be wise. Best to learn from the real teachers that Jesus appointed.
OK, here is what they taught me as inspired by God the Father:

1 -- True Christian theology will be supported by the Holy Bible. Theology which cannot be supported by the Bible is simply some man's opinions or false interpretations:

II Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 -- Here is what the Holy Bible states as to the fate of mankind:

I Corinthians 15:22-23
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

All mankind are like the first man Adam in that all die. Likewise, every human who ever died shall be resurrected or made alive again. Jesus is the first to be resurrected and that has already happened:

I Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.

This first mass resurrection for humans which we presently await is the one at which "they that are Christ's" will be resurrected. "They that are Christ's" refers to Christians. This resurrection for all Christians occurs at the Second Coming of Jesus to the earth, or "at his coming."

Christians who are alive on the earth when Jesus returns will be born again as spirits and meet Him in the air:

I Thessalonians 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

At this point after the first resurrection, all Christians (dead or alive) have been born again as spiritual beings. They will then enjoy the millennium with Jesus:

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

After the millennium, all dead nonbelievers are resurrected from their graves and face judgment:

Revelation 20:11-15
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

After the judgment of those resurrected in the second resurrection (nonbelievers), whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Be aware that absolutely none of those resurrected at the second resurrection had their names written in the book of life when resurrected! Every single human, dead or alive, with their names written in the book of life (believers) were born again into everlasting spiritual life at the first resurrection! So why are they checking the book again? Something obviously occurred since these nonbelievers were resurrected to cause the book of life to be modified. Otherwise, there would be no reason to check the book again for their names. What happened?

Nonbelievers resurrected to mortal life at the second resurrection will make their choice after understanding what the two possible choices are. If they were not given a choice on earth prior to their death, they will be given their choice after their resurrection as mortal humans in the second resurrection. From the New International Version of The Holy Bible:

I Peter 4:5
For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Their choice will be based on being preached the true gospel message for the first time. It will be preached at this time in the entire world, before the end of the age of man can occur:

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Recall that all dead and living Christians were born again as spiritual bodied beings at the Second Coming. And there is no reason to believe that anyone will become a believer during the 1000 year millennium, as they have no preachers:

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

All whose names were written in the Book of Life as believers were born again at the Second Coming. So the Book of life has been cleared. All inheritors have received their rewards. After the 1000 year Millennium, the second resurrection for mankind occurs:

Revelation 20:4
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

Everyone raised in this second resurrection will face the great white throne judgment as all have sinned and are all headed for the second death.

The judgment will hold them responsible for their behavior as humans and some may see that God's plan for them was better than their way of life.

Satan is locked away during this time, the scriptures are unsealed, and these nonbelievers are explained the true good news of the scriptures.

Following this process, the Book of Life is checked again.

Would God raise these people again as physical bodies only to humiliate them during their judgment before casting them into the lake of fire? Why bother raising them from the dead only to inflict another painful physical death upon them? This flies in the face of "God is love." If the nonbelievers are being resurrected to be humiliated by judgment before being killed a second time, why not simply allow them to remain dead?

Of course, God is love, and He is raising the nonbelievers for a reason! One event prophesied to occur before the end of time is that the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world.

Billions or trillions of people have died never having the opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior. These nonbelievers are raised again as mortals during the second resurrection and given that opportunity! The majority of all people who have ever lived have never, ever, heard the true message of the Holy Scriptures, even in the United States. Remember that the scriptures have been very successfully sealed until the end of time! At this time these people will hear the true message for the first time from angels, including Christians born again as spirits in the first resurrection, with Satan and all of his myths and lies totally defeated. Most people have never been given a choice based on Biblical truth! Their choice was based on myths and fear.

Those times will be over!

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The "end" is the end of the age of man.

The end comes when the last living human is either born again as a spirit into the spiritual Kingdom of God or cast into the lake of fire and suffers his or her second and everlasting death.

At that instant, there are no more living humans.

Mankind will have served their purpose of creating replacement angels to care for the earth.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #555

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:38 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 amNo more living humans--Run from whomever taught you that untruth . . .
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:43 amThat wouldn't be wise. Best to learn from the real teachers that Jesus appointed.
OK, here is what they taught me as inspired by God the Father:

1 -- True Christian theology will be supported by the Holy Bible. Theology which cannot be supported by the Bible is simply some man's opinions or false interpretations:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 -- Here is what the Holy Bible states as to the fate of mankind:

I Corinthians 15:22-23
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

All mankind are like the first man Adam in that all die. Likewise, every human who ever died shall be resurrected or made alive again. Jesus is the first to be resurrected and that has already happened:

I Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.

This first mass resurrection for humans which we presently await is the one at which "they that are Christ's" will be resurrected. "They that are Christ's" refers to Christians. This resurrection for all Christians occurs at the Second Coming of Jesus to the earth, or "at his coming."

Christians who are alive on the earth when Jesus returns will be born again as spirits and meet Him in the air:

I Thessalonians 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

At this point after the first resurrection, all Christians (dead or alive) have been born again as spiritual beings. They will then enjoy the millennium with Jesus:

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

After the millennium, all dead nonbelievers are resurrected from their graves and face judgment:

Revelation 20:11-15
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

After the judgment of those resurrected in the second resurrection (nonbelievers), whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Be aware that absolutely none of those resurrected at the second resurrection had their names written in the book of life when resurrected! Every single human, dead or alive, with their names written in the book of life (believers) were born again into everlasting spiritual life at the first resurrection! So why are they checking the book again? Something obviously occurred since these nonbelievers were resurrected to cause the book of life to be modified. Otherwise, there would be no reason to check the book again for their names. What happened?

Nonbelievers resurrected to mortal life at the second resurrection will make their choice after understanding what the two possible choices are. If they were not given a choice on earth prior to their death, they will be given their choice after their resurrection as mortal humans in the second resurrection. From the New International Version of The Holy Bible:

I Peter 4:5
For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Their choice will be based on being preached the true gospel message for the first time. It will be preached at this time in the entire world, before the end of the age of man can occur:

Recall that all dead and living Christians were born again as spiritual bodied beings at the Second Coming. And there is no reason to believe that anyone will become a believer during the 1000 year millennium, as they have no preachers:

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

All whose names were written in the Book of Life as believers were born again at the Second Coming. So the Book of life has been cleared. All inheritors have received their rewards. After the 1000 year Millennium, the second resurrection for mankind occurs:

Revelation 20:4
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

Everyone raised in this second resurrection will face the great white throne judgment as all have sinned and are all headed for the second death.

The judgment will hold them responsible for their behavior as humans and some may see that God's plan for them was better than their way of life.

Satan is locked away during this time, the scriptures are unsealed, and these nonbelievers are explained the true good news of the scriptures.

Following this process, the Book of Life is checked again.

Would God raise these people again as physical bodies only to humiliate them during their judgment before casting them into the lake of fire? Why bother raising them from the dead only to inflict another painful physical death upon them? This flies in the face of "God is love." If the nonbelievers are being resurrected to be humiliated by judgment before being killed a second time, why not simply allow them to remain dead?

Of course, God is love, and He is raising the nonbelievers for a reason! One event prophesied to occur before the end of time is that the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world.

Billions or trillions of people have died never having the opportunity to accept Jesus as their Savior. These nonbelievers are raised again as mortals during the second resurrection and given that opportunity! The majority of all people who have ever lived have never, ever, heard the true message of the Holy Scriptures, even in the United States. Remember that the scriptures have been very successfully sealed until the end of time! At this time these people will hear the true message for the first time from angels, including Christians born again as spirits in the first resurrection, with Satan and all of his myths and lies totally defeated. Most people have never been given a choice based on Biblical truth! Their choice was based on myths and fear.

Those times will be over!

The "end" is the end of the age of man.

The end comes when the last living human is either born again as a spirit into the spiritual Kingdom of God or cast into the lake of fire and suffers his or her second and everlasting death.

At that instant, there are no more living humans.

Mankind will have served their purpose of creating replacement angels to care for the earth.

What you stated is not supported by Gods written word. Rev 21-2-5 is clear -The tent of God( comes down out of heaven to earth) is with mankind=mortals=the righteous( great crowd) who were brought through the trib and Armageddon, and those whose names were found written in Gods book of life from all time, on the earth and they will reside forever upon it. Psalm 37:29

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #556

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:27 pm What you stated is not supported by Gods written word.
Actually, I quoted one or more scripture verses from God's written word to support every claim that I made.

In addition, the verses you quoted also support my claim.

The book of Revelation states that the physical characteristics of mankind will be gone. That is, God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. God is describing the characteristics of our new spiritual bodies after we are born again of the Spirit.

And Psalm 37:29 correctly states that these Christians born of the Spirit will dwell on the earth forever.

Speaking of those who shall inherit the Kingdom of God and dwell on the earth forever in the world to come, Jesus states:

Luke 20:36
Neither can they die any more, for they are equal unto the angels...

WE will be angelic spiritual bodied beings -- not mortal physical beings with tears, death, sorrow, crying, and pain.

It is infinitely better that the myths you have been taught!

Look to God for guidance -- not mankind.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #557

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:52 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:27 pm What you stated is not supported by Gods written word.
Actually, I quoted one or more scripture verses from God's written word to support every claim that I made.

In addition, the verses you quoted also support my claim.

The book of Revelation states that the physical characteristics of mankind will be gone. That is, God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. God is describing the characteristics of our new spiritual bodies after we are born again of the Spirit.

And Psalm 37:29 correctly states that these Christians born of the Spirit will dwell on the earth forever.

Speaking of those who shall inherit the Kingdom of God and dwell on the earth forever in the world to come, Jesus states:

Luke 20:36
Neither can they die any more, for they are equal unto the angels...

WE will be angelic spiritual bodied beings -- not mortal physical beings with tears, death, sorrow, crying, and pain.

It is infinitely better that the myths you have been taught!

Look to God for guidance -- not mankind.

You are confusing the little flock and the great crowd. Luke 20:36 is only to the little flock.
The great crowd on earth are the ones with no more mourning, outcry or pain, or death . They will be mortal but made back to perfection as Adam and Eve were to start with.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #558

Post by myth-one.com »

kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:26 pm The great crowd on earth are the ones with no more mourning, outcry or pain, or death . They will be mortal but made back to perfection as Adam and Eve were to start with.
Mortal beings that have no mourning, outcry or pain, or death are non-existent.

Adam & Eve were created very good according to God -- not perfect.

If I cannot verify my claims by quoting supporting scriptures, then accusing me of being wrong is perfectly OK.

But if I verify my claims with the scriptures, when you claim that I'm wrong, you are also claiming that the quoted scripture as written by God is wrong.

For example, I claimed that "True Christian theology will be supported by the Holy Bible."

In support of my claim, I quoted the following scripture verse:

In response to the above, kjw47 wrote:What you stated is not supported by Gods written word.
Well it actually is in this case and most other cases.

Is it a good idea to go around correcting God, or questioning His scriptures?

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #559

Post by kjw47 »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:50 pm
kjw47 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:26 pm The great crowd on earth are the ones with no more mourning, outcry or pain, or death . They will be mortal but made back to perfection as Adam and Eve were to start with.
Mortal beings that have no mourning, outcry or pain, or death are non-existent.

Adam & Eve were created very good according to God -- not perfect.

If I cannot verify my claims by quoting supporting scriptures, then accusing me of being wrong is perfectly OK.

But if I verify my claims with the scriptures, when you claim that I'm wrong, you are also claiming that the quoted scripture as written by God is wrong.

For example, I claimed that "True Christian theology will be supported by the Holy Bible."

In support of my claim, I quoted the following scripture verse:

In response to the above, kjw47 wrote:What you stated is not supported by Gods written word.
Well it actually is in this case and most other cases.

Is it a good idea to go around correcting God, or questioning His scriptures?

Some bibles are filled with holes--they have been altered to mislead by satans will.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #560

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:44 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 pm"The righteous will inherit the earth and live on it forever." (Psalm 37:29)
Correct.

But they will no longer have natural physical bodies!!
Then what is the point in living on a physical Earth?? Persons with spirit bodies dwell in the spirit realm, not the physical one.