JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

Revelations won
Sage

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #231

Post by Revelations won »

Some may claim that Jesus Christ is not God. By way of explanation and clarification I will state the Jesus Christ is not God the father. I think this point is made very clear in the New Testament by Christs own testimonies.

However one should consider the following:

Is Jesus Christ indeed God the Son?

Matthew 28:
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mark 2:
Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)

Luke 5:
But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

John 1:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 17:These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Acts 2:
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Romans 1:
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Revelation 5:Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Revelation 17:
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 19:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I would submit that Jesus Christ as shown in the forgoing scriptures is indeed Lord of lords, and King of kings. He is the very Immanuel, or God with us. He is indeed our savior and redeemer and the only one by whom man can be saved , redeemed and receive exaltation.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #232

Post by onewithhim »

Any reply to post #227?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #233

Dear Onewithhim,

Thank you for the reminder regarding your post #227.

Yes, I certainly agree with you that Jesus Christ has clearly shown that God his father is greater than he. Jesus Christ who is God the Son will always have this eternal relationship with his father. Everything will remain in it's proper order. He indeed is the only mediator between God the Father and us.

Yes Jesus Christ is indeed the creator of heaven and earth. Having fulfilled his father's will he will have the added glory with his father as God the Son. Yes, verily he will stand on the right hand of his father in the Godhead. For there will be three that will bear witness in heaven namely God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.

Kind regards,
RW

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #234

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:27 pm [Replying to post 1 by onewithhim]

This is not the recipe for a mere man:
  • Matthew 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.â€�
More of a God/Man hybrid. Christians balk at that definition, but it is clearly what is being described. So, yes, Jesus isn't fully God, but he isn't fully human either.

Tcg
Which answers the age old question: WWJD - what would Jesus drive.
A hybrid!
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #235

Post by onewithhim »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:56 pm
Tcg wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:27 pm [Replying to post 1 by onewithhim]

This is not the recipe for a mere man:
  • Matthew 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.â€�
More of a God/Man hybrid. Christians balk at that definition, but it is clearly what is being described. So, yes, Jesus isn't fully God, but he isn't fully human either.

Tcg
Which answers the age old question: WWJD - what would Jesus drive.
A hybrid!
It is clear that Jesus is not God, and he isn't or wasn't just a man either. Why do people say that Jesus had to be God to offer a sacrifice? That is not scripturally shown anywhere in the Bible. If you think it is, please post the scriptures. Matthew 1:20 doesn't show any reason to think that Jesus is God.

I have never said that Jesus was just a man. He was more than a man.....he was a PERFECT human being, yet his origin was heaven. He was in a place better than any ordinary human man. He was the perfect, sinless Son of God who gave himself willingly to satisfy his God's requirements for the redemption from sin for mankind.

"For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many." (Romans 4:15, KJV)

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (I Corinthians 15:22, KJV)

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." (I Corinthians 15: 45. KJV)

It is apparent that Jesus Christ, the perfect man, is always compared to the perfect man Adam---perfect man for perfect man---to balance out the scales of justice. The Scriptures never indicate that God had to balance the scales Himself.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #236

You said: “Post #227
It is quite sad that Jesus did all that he did to honor his Father and make known His name, and yet people accuse him of making himself "equal to God." He does not wish this to be entertained, as he clearly indicated that he was in subjection to his Father and always will be. And he loves it that way.

My response: I agree with you on this point.

"The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28) He was very clear, but people still push his words aside.

My response: I agree with you whole heartedly on this point also!

"...The head of the Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3) That the Father is greater is still the case, even after Christ returned to heaven, as this verse shows. When this verse was written, Jesus had been back in heaven for awhile.

My response: I agree with you also on this point as well.

"Next, the end, when he [Jesus] hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father....When all things have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone." (I Corinthians 15:24,28)

My response: I also agree with you on this point as far as you go with it. You should however consider the following:

Daniel 7:
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

You should so observe that Christ presents the kingdom to his Father, and the Father then gives that Everlasting kingdom back to His Son.

You should also consider the following:

John 5:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 9:
And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Kind regards,
RW

Revelations won
Sage

Post #237

Dear Onewithhim,

You should carefully consider who this king of glory is as you study the following:

Psalms 24:
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Zechariah 14: Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Dear Onewithhim, I would ask you, who is the King of kings and Lord of lords who shall in the latter day stand upon the holy mount as above prophesied? Is not this the very God of Israel, even Jesus Christ the creator of heaven and earth who shall stand on the mount is this great latter day battle against Jerusalem?

If Jesus Christ is indeed the God who created heaven and earth as the scriptures so clearly declare, then how can you declare that he is not God the Son?

Kind regards,
RW

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #238

Post by myth-one.com »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:17 am
If Jesus Christ is indeed the God who created heaven and earth as the scriptures so clearly declare, then how can you declare that he is not God the Son?
The scriptures clearly declare that the Word created everything:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:1-3)

Jesus was not the Word. He was the Word made flesh:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... (John 1:14)

Jesus was born of the flesh in Bethlehem about 2021 years ago. The difference between Jesus and the Word is body type -- physical versus spiritual.

Jesus was a man with a physical body. While the Word is a spiritual bodied being.

What is man, that thou art mindful of him?... For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, (Psalm 8:4-5)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)

So Jesus was a man, and the Word is God.

They are not exactly the same.

Jesus had to accomplish something which God could not directly accomplish -- He had to be a man, live a sinless life, and die.

The scriptures specifically state why He was made flesh:

He was made flesh for the suffering of death!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #239

Post by onewithhim »

Kind regards,
RW
God's Son does not have to be God Himself to do the creating. The Scriptures clearly tell us that God (the Father) GAVE the Son the power to create.

Jesus said to the people gathered at the house around the paralyzed man: "In order for for you to know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins---then he said to the paralytic: Get up, pick up your bed, and go to your home....At the sight of this the crowds were struck with fear, and they glorified God who GAVE SUCH AUTHORITY TO MEN." (Matthew 9:6,8)

They distinguished between God and this man Jesus that was performing miracles. To most of them he was a "man," and God was in heaven. To some of them he was the Son of God, and God was in heaven. Any way you look at it, God remained in heaven, and Jesus Christ was a special man on Earth.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #240

Post by onewithhim »

Any response, myth and RW?