JESUS IS NOT GOD

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

I would very much like to get opinions on this subject. I'll provide several verses from the King James Version of the Bible, and I ask you to give me feed-back.

Jesus' words:

1) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:19)

2) "My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." (John 7:16)

3) "Neither came I of myself, but he sent me." (John 8:42)

He replied, after the Pharisees accused him of making himself God:
4) "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?" (John 10:36)

5) "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say....Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." (John 12:49,50)

6) To his Father in prayer: "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

7) "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

To John in the Revelation:
8) "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God..." (Revelation 3:12)

Do these quotations show that Jesus was NOT God?

Do YOU believe that he claimed to be God?

tam
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT GOD

Post #631

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:41 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:30 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:58 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:51 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:14 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:59 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:28 pm Peace to you,
[Replying to kjw47 in post #622]

Jesus even told the Israelite spiritual teachers off-Matt 23--He said they had closed up the kingdom of God to their flock
It is interesting that you bring that verse up and yet do not recognize at least one religion doing that very thing today.

Please note what Christ ACTUALLY SAID:

He said that they (the Pharisees) shut up the Kingdom of HEAVEN in men's faces.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

Doesn't the JW religion teach most (almost all) of her members that they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven? That it is not for them and that Christ has not called or invited them? That they do not have that hope? How is that not shutting the door of the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces? They aren't just shutting the door to the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, they are taking away the very hope to enter through that door to begin with!

Christ did not shut the door in men's faces; He invited (and yet invites) people to come! To take for FREE the water of Life! The door is yet OPEN! He also says that ANYONE may eat from Him, and that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them. (John 6:50-56)

(Please don't take this as an endorsement for any other religion. No religion is the truth. No religion is from Christ. It is not a religion to which God told us to listen.)

Christ is the ONE who is the Truth, He is the One who speaks the truth, and He is the One who has the words of eternal life. He is the One to whom God told us to listen:

"This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to Him."

Remember, there are many false prophets and false teachers in the world, hoping to mislead even the elect. But regardless of what men and religion teach, to whom are we supposed to be listening? Who do we love the MOST? (John 14:21; 23; Matt 10:37)

Test all things, hold all things up against the Light... Christ is that Light; and the Truth; and the Word of God.

Peace again to you, and to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
The great crowd will stand on earth, before the throne in Gods kingdom, it rules from heaven. It will be the only ruling power in existence-Daniel 2:44--So they do not close up the kingdom to men.
Do they or do they not teach that most of their members cannot enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN?

Because that is what Christ spoke of when He said the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces; not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again to you.

The kingdom will rule from heaven forever. Only the anointed=The little flock( Luke 12:32) are promised heaven, these are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3)--these are the bride of Christ- to sit on thrones beside Jesus as kings and priests( Rev 1:6,,Rev 20:6) These are apart of the 1st resurrection-- The only other ones getting saved are the great crowd( Rev 7:9) no man can number--These get this promise from Jesus-Matt 5:5--Psalm 37:29--They will stand on earth before Gods throne.
So then your answer is, YES, they DO teach that most of their members (indeed most people in the world) CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN. Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is what Christ was speaking about when He said that the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again.

No you are twisting it--The kingdom of heaven = Gods kingdom rule. It will be ruling all of creation after Armageddon, from heaven. No matter where one stands, earth, moon, or heaven they will be in Gods kingdom.
There is nothing to twist. I understand that you are reporting the interpretations of a religion; of men. But I am posting what is right there in black and white, that Christ was speaking about the Kingdom of Heaven when He was speaking to the Pharisees:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

Peace again.

The only ones being saved are the little flock who are numbered and the great crowd which no man can number-One of those is getting this promise-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29-- The real teachers that have Jesus teach that truth. The ones called blind guides tell all they are going to heaven, by throwing Jesus truth away.
You do not seem to be addressing the fact that Christ said to the the Pharisees that they were shutting the door to the Kingdom of HEAVEN in people's faces. The Pharisees were not letting the people into the Kingdom of heaven, even those who wanted to enter.

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #632

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:07 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:41 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:30 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:58 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:51 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:14 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 pm Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:59 pm
tam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:28 pm Peace to you,
[Replying to kjw47 in post #622]

Jesus even told the Israelite spiritual teachers off-Matt 23--He said they had closed up the kingdom of God to their flock
It is interesting that you bring that verse up and yet do not recognize at least one religion doing that very thing today.

Please note what Christ ACTUALLY SAID:

He said that they (the Pharisees) shut up the Kingdom of HEAVEN in men's faces.

Doesn't the JW religion teach most (almost all) of her members that they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven? That it is not for them and that Christ has not called or invited them? That they do not have that hope? How is that not shutting the door of the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces? They aren't just shutting the door to the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, they are taking away the very hope to enter through that door to begin with!

Christ did not shut the door in men's faces; He invited (and yet invites) people to come! To take for FREE the water of Life! The door is yet OPEN! He also says that ANYONE may eat from Him, and that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them. (John 6:50-56)

(Please don't take this as an endorsement for any other religion. No religion is the truth. No religion is from Christ. It is not a religion to which God told us to listen.)

Christ is the ONE who is the Truth, He is the One who speaks the truth, and He is the One who has the words of eternal life. He is the One to whom God told us to listen:

"This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to Him."

Remember, there are many false prophets and false teachers in the world, hoping to mislead even the elect. But regardless of what men and religion teach, to whom are we supposed to be listening? Who do we love the MOST? (John 14:21; 23; Matt 10:37)

Test all things, hold all things up against the Light... Christ is that Light; and the Truth; and the Word of God.

Peace again to you, and to you all,
tammy
The great crowd will stand on earth, before the throne in Gods kingdom, it rules from heaven. It will be the only ruling power in existence-Daniel 2:44--So they do not close up the kingdom to men.
Do they or do they not teach that most of their members cannot enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN?

Because that is what Christ spoke of when He said the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces; not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again to you.

The kingdom will rule from heaven forever. Only the anointed=The little flock( Luke 12:32) are promised heaven, these are numbered=144,000( Rev 14:3)--these are the bride of Christ- to sit on thrones beside Jesus as kings and priests( Rev 1:6,,Rev 20:6) These are apart of the 1st resurrection-- The only other ones getting saved are the great crowd( Rev 7:9) no man can number--These get this promise from Jesus-Matt 5:5--Psalm 37:29--They will stand on earth before Gods throne.
So then your answer is, YES, they DO teach that most of their members (indeed most people in the world) CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of HEAVEN. Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is what Christ was speaking about when He said that the Pharisees shut up the Kingdom of heaven in men's faces, not entering themselves and not allowing anyone else to enter who wants to enter.

Peace again.

No you are twisting it--The kingdom of heaven = Gods kingdom rule. It will be ruling all of creation after Armageddon, from heaven. No matter where one stands, earth, moon, or heaven they will be in Gods kingdom.
There is nothing to twist. I understand that you are reporting the interpretations of a religion; of men. But I am posting what is right there in black and white, that Christ was speaking about the Kingdom of Heaven when He was speaking to the Pharisees:

Peace again.

The only ones being saved are the little flock who are numbered and the great crowd which no man can number-One of those is getting this promise-Matt 5:5, Psalm 37:29-- The real teachers that have Jesus teach that truth. The ones called blind guides tell all they are going to heaven, by throwing Jesus truth away.
You do not seem to be addressing the fact that Christ said to the the Pharisees that they were shutting the door to the Kingdom of HEAVEN in people's faces. The Pharisees were not letting the people into the Kingdom of heaven, even those who wanted to enter.

Peace again to you.

Yes the kingdom of heaven is in heaven, that is where the throne is. It will rule all of creation after armageddon. Every other ruling authority will be crushed out of existence by Gods appointed king-Daniel 2:44--You think it means all are going to heaven and it does not mean that.

tam
Savant

Post #633

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

Quote box is getting a little long, so I'm just going to cut and paste your last comment.
[Replying to kjw47 in post #632]

Yes the kingdom of heaven is in heaven, that is where the throne is. It will rule all of creation after armageddon. Every other ruling authority will be crushed out of existence by Gods appointed king-Daniel 2:44--You think it means all are going to heaven and it does not mean that.
I don't think it means that at all. I am simply pointing out the fact that it was the Kingdom of Heaven that Christ rebuked the Pharisees for shutting the door to, not allowing people to enter. (You said earlier that it was the Kingdom of God, but it was the Kingdom of Heaven.) In the same way, the WTS does not permit people to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven either, by telling people that they are NOT invited; that they are NOT permitted to enter, that they are NOT the brothers of Christ, that they CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

The WTS continues their error as well. Because Christ said that ANYONE may eat of Him, that UNLESS one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them (John 6). Of the bread, He said, "Take and eat". Of the wine, He said "Take and drink." (Matt 26:26, 27; Mark 14:22, 23; Luke 22:17-19). Contrary to what the WTS teaches, this was not a command for just "some" Christians, because Christ said to the apostles 'go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey EVERYTHING that I have commanded YOU." (Matt 28:19-20)

Where then is there room for someone to come along and change that?

The WTS has created a doctrine that divides Christians into two groups; with two different hopes; even though we are meant to be ONE flock with ONE hope.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism. Ephesians 4:4-5

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:16-17

The sheep pen simply refers to where one begins, but all (the sheep in that sheep pen and all other sheep that Christ has yet to call) come together to be one flock in Him, with one hope, with one Shepherd, with one faith and one baptism.

And the door is yet OPEN!

May anyone who wishes be given ears to hear, to also hear as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come!" May anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of LIFE!"

Peace again to you,
tammy

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #634

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:59 pm Peace to you,

Quote box is getting a little long, so I'm just going to cut and paste your last comment.

I don't think it means that at all. I am simply pointing out the fact that it was the Kingdom of Heaven that Christ rebuked the Pharisees for shutting the door to, not allowing people to enter. (You said earlier that it was the Kingdom of God, but it was the Kingdom of Heaven.) In the same way, the WTS does not permit people to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven either, by telling people that they are NOT invited; that they are NOT permitted to enter, that they are NOT the brothers of Christ, that they CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

The WTS continues their error as well. Because Christ said that ANYONE may eat of Him, that UNLESS one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has NO life in them (John 6). Of the bread, He said, "Take and eat". Of the wine, He said "Take and drink." (Matt 26:26, 27; Mark 14:22, 23; Luke 22:17-19). Contrary to what the WTS teaches, this was not a command for just "some" Christians, because Christ said to the apostles 'go and make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey EVERYTHING that I have commanded YOU." (Matt 28:19-20)

The WTS has created a doctrine that divides Christians into two groups; with two different hopes; even though we are meant to be ONE flock with ONE hope.

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism. Ephesians 4:4-5

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10:16-17

The sheep pen simply refers to where one begins, but all (the sheep in that sheep pen and all other sheep that Christ has yet to call) come together to be one flock in Him, with one hope, with one Shepherd, with one faith and one baptism.

May anyone who wishes be given ears to hear, to also hear as the Spirit and the Bride say to you, "Come!" May anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of LIFE!"

Peace again to you,
tammy

And i showed you your error in thinking. The ones closing the kingdom of heaven to men are the ones teaching and serving the non existent trinity god. Those are mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.
The bible divided the one flock into 2 promises. 144,000 to heaven-the great crowd remains on earth.

tam
Savant

Post #635

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:44 pm

Peace again to you,
tammy

And i showed you your error in thinking.

You did not show an error in anything that I posted. You simply repeated a religious doctrine, an interpretation of men.
The ones closing the kingdom of heaven to men are the ones teaching and serving the non existent trinity god.
I'm not sure it even make sense for you to say that, considering that your religion teaches that even most Christians CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, never mind the rest of the world.
Those are mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. The bible divided the one flock into 2 promises. 144,000 to heaven-the great crowd remains on earth.
No, the bible does not do that. A religion does that.

Christ did not make two different promises to Christians. He did not give them two different hopes. If you claim that He did, then post HIS words on that matter. Post something from Him that states some Christians are His brothers but most are not; some Christians are His Bride/Church/Body, but most are not; some Christians are commanded to eat and drink His flesh and blood, but most are not permitted.

You won't find those teachings from Him. You won't even find those teachings from the apostles, because there was no such teaching.

You will only find those teachings in a religion, one that is making up their own doctrines with their own interpretations. How is that any different than the religions that are making up their own interpretations to come up with 'the trinity' (and various other man made doctrines)?

Peace again to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #636

Post by onewithhim »

kjw47 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:51 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:25 pm [Replying to kjw47 in post #612]
Then what does Genesis 2:4 mean?

It says Jehovah created the heavens and the earth. Its 100% truth.
What does it mean that Jehovah created them in a "day"?

Miles
Savant

Post #637

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:53 pm

day
noun: day; plural noun: days

a period of twenty-four hours as a unit of time, reckoned from one midnight to the next, corresponding to a rotation of the earth on its axis.
source: Oxford Languages

day
\ ˈdā
Definition of day

1. the time of light between one night and the next

2. the period of rotation of a planet (such as earth) or a moon on its axis

3. the mean solar day of 24 hours beginning at midnight by mean time
source: Merriam Webster

day
noun []
us
/deɪ/ uk
/deɪ/

A1: a period of 24 hours, especially from twelve o'clock one night to twelve o'clock the next night:

A2: used to refer to the period in 24 hours when it is naturally light:
source: Cambridge Dictionary

day
(deɪ )

Word forms: days
1. countable noun
A day is one of the seven twenty-four hour periods of time in a week.
source: Collins Dictionary

Day

Generally, a day is roughly the time of one rotation of the Earth (about 24 hours) or one rotation of other large astronomical objects. In everyday life, the word "day" often refers to a solar day, which is the length between two solar noons or times the Sun reaches the highest point.
source: Wikipedia

day
1 [count] : a period of 24 hours beginning at midnight : one of the seven time periods that make up a week

2 : the time of light between one night and the next : the part of the day when light from the sun can be seen
source: The Britannica Dictionary

And if you get it wrong on the test next week don't come running to me.
:mrgreen:

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #638

Post by kjw47 »

tam wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:05 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you,
tammy

You did not show an error in anything that I posted. You simply repeated a religious doctrine, an interpretation of men.
The ones closing the kingdom of heaven to men are the ones teaching and serving the non existent trinity god.
I'm not sure it even make sense for you to say that, considering that your religion teaches that even most Christians CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, never mind the rest of the world.
Those are mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. The bible divided the one flock into 2 promises. 144,000 to heaven-the great crowd remains on earth.

Christ did not make two different promises to Christians. He did not give them two different hopes. If you claim that He did, then post HIS words on that matter. Post something from Him that states some Christians are His brothers but most are not; some Christians are His Bride/Church/Body, but most are not; some Christians are commanded to eat and drink His flesh and blood, but most are not permitted.

You won't find those teachings from Him. You won't even find those teachings from the apostles, because there was no such teaching.

You will only find those teachings in a religion, one that is making up their own doctrines with their own interpretations. How is that any different than the religions that are making up their own interpretations to come up with 'the trinity' (and various other man made doctrines)?

Peace again to you.

Its only called the kingdom of heaven because that is where the throne is. It will be ruling all of creation from heaven.

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #639

Post by kjw47 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:53 pm

The bible says--1000 years is as a day to God. 2Peter 3:8

tam
Savant

Post #640

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
kjw47 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:58 pm
tam wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:05 pm Peace to you,

Peace again to you,
tammy

Peace again to you.

Its only called the kingdom of heaven because that is where the throne is. It will be ruling all of creation from heaven.
I'm sorry, kjw, but what does this comment have to do with what I posted? What is your point?

Peace again.