Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #171

Candle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:52 pmWhen the 1,000 years expires, there will be a renewed heaven ...
What do you mean by a "renewed heaven " is heaven not where God is? How can what God has made need renewing?

PSALM 115 :16

As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah but the earth he has given to the sons of men.+

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Candle
Student

Post #172

Post by Candle »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:56 pm
Candle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:52 pmWhen the 1,000 years expires, there will be a renewed heaven ...
What do you mean by a "renewed heaven " is heaven not where God is? How can what God has made need renewing?

As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah but the earth he has given to the sons of men.+
This is what he said:
Isaiah 65:17, Isaiah 66:17, 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #173

Candle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:23 pm

This is what he said:
You know what He said, but do you know what He means?

Candle
Student

Post #174

Post by Candle »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:42 am

This is what he said:
You know what He said, but do you know what He means?
I know that it says the heavens and the earth will be renewed. It MEANS heaven and earth will be renewed.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #175

I know that it says the heavens and the earth will be renewed. It MEANS heaven and earth will be renewed.

So you cannot explain ?
If a student asked his teacher "What does it mean to plant a forest" and the "teacher" replied. .. "It means to plant a forest" would that demonstrate that the teacher is a complete waste of space and a shame to the profession?

Explaining involves using alternive words to clarify what is being spoken about and how they relate to each other in a way'that can be understood. I asked what does it mean " heaven and earth will be renewed" and you replied "It MEANS heaven and earth will be renewed".

JW

Candle
Student

Post #176

Post by Candle »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:07 am

So you cannot explain ?
If a student asked his teacher "What does it mean to plant a forest" and the "teacher" replied. .. "It means to plant a forest" would that demonstrate that the teacher is a complete waste of space and a shame to the profession?

Explaining involves using alternive words to clarify what is being spoken about and how they relate to each other in a way'that can be understood. I asked what does it mean " heaven and earth will be renewed" and you replied "It MEANS heaven and earth will be renewed".

JW
Are you asking me to speculate on the method?

The destroyers of the earth will destroy it.

The earth will be renewed. It will be refreshed. It will be repaired. I think that's what renewed means.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #177

Candle wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:28 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:07 am

So you cannot explain ?

JW
Are you asking me to speculate on the method?

The earth will be renewed. It will be refreshed. It will be repaired. I think that's what renewed means.

No, if I had wanted you to speculate on the method I would have used the "how" word:" How will the heavens ans earth be renewed?" It's the difference between the questions "What does it mean to plant a forest" (asking for the terms (nouns /verbs) to be explained using simple understandable alternative words so the person can understand what is being spoken about and what is being described as happening to them) ... and "How does one plant a forest ? " which is a question that presupposes the terms are understood and is asking about methodology.

So to illustrate :

- What does it mean to plant a forest?

Answer: A forest is a group of trees. To plant a forest means to put many trees, usually when they are young, in the ground in one an area so they will all grow and together.

Since the bible uses the terms "earth" and "heaven" in many different ways, it is reasonable to ask : What does it mean to renew the heavens and earth?

(Are you going to just repeat the question without the question mark again?)
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #178

Candle wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:28 pm

I take it (correct me if I'm wrong ) you are referring to this our literal planet earth. How can something destoyed be renewed or repaired. If you damage a house, you can repair it; if it is DESTOYED you'll have to build a new one. So again, how can this our planet be refreshed and repaired after its been destoyed?

And what do you think is being referred to when the bible speaks about "the heavens" ? (please dont say it means heavens) and in what sense will it be "renewed"?