Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #141

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: . . . lets just stick to scripture and leave out human reasoning.
OK, here are the scriptures involved:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (Genesis 1:1-2)
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)
Definition of good: to be desired or approved of.

Explain how all of the above can be true without using any human reasoning.

Good luck.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #142

myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: . . . lets just stick to scripture and leave out human reasoning.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (Genesis 1:1-2)
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)

Good luck.
* human reasoning: reasoning independent of and contradictory to scriptural law and principle

I dont have to, there is absolutely no reason to conclude formlessness, void or darkness cannot be also be good; I have given numerous scriptural examples (none of which you have even attempted you address) of things God has created and approved of to support this conclusion. If your argument is God could not have been responsible for an earth that was formlessness, void and dark (or that if in his good time and pleasure he chose to change it from that condition to an alternative) , it MUST have been Satan, then it is entirely without scriptural merit.

It is for you to present scriptural evidence, that does not amount to axiom, to negate the examples from the bible provided.

JW

While certain features/ characteristics of the physical universe are sometimes used in an illustrative/metaphoric way to illustrate negative concepts or behaviours (and of course as free moral agents individuals can choose to become bad of their own volition), the bible never presents any aspect of Gods inanimate physical creation as being bad or negative in themselves .

GENISIS 1:5
God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #143

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: . . . there is absolutely no reason to conclude formlessness, void or darkness cannot be also be good;
Ok, give one reason why it is good.

If it was good, why did God have to change everything about it beginning in the next verse?

After describing the earth as without form, void, and dark; God immediately created light on the earth, gave it form, and filled it with life!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #144

[Replying to post 143 by myth-one.com]

Did you not see my post addressing the issue of God changing things?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 520#992520

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #145

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 143 by myth-one.com]

Yes, I did.

I suspect that you are trapped into defending what you've been taught, no matter what the scriptures clearly states.

It's sad.

=================== It's simple =======================

God created the heavens and the earth.

The earth became formless, void, and dark.

God returned and re-created the earth.

Man was created in the re-creation.

==========================================

But you seem to need things to be complex. For example, from your post #139:
JehovahsWitness wrote:You conclude that a formless, dark earth MUST have been rendered thus by Satan and therefore any further actions on Gods part description MUST have been reparitory.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #146

myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 143 by myth-one.com]

Yes, I did.

Do you have any bible based counter arguments to present?

JW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #147

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 133 by myth-one.com]

You're serious? I'm not being sarcastic. I really thought you were just having fun setting forth comical ideas.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #148

Post by onewithhim »

brianbbs67 wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 125 by myth-one.com]

All you have to do is read Job 1:6-12 and 2:1-6.

Careful reading will apprise us of the fact that Satan had more in mind than just Job to test. He said, "A man will give everything he has for his life. But for a change, stretch out your hand and strike his bone and flesh, and he will curse you to your very face." (Job 2:4,5)

By saying this, Satan was saying in effect that any human will turn against God when made to suffer. He was then allowed to put humans to the test, starting with Job. He has been doing it ever since.
OK.

But you referenced these verses as proof that Satan was given dominion over the earth during that time.

But now, you cannot point out one verse to me within Job 1:6-12 and 2:1-6 which supports your claim?

Until you do, I'll assume there is no such verse.

Satan was there in the Garden of Eden just as he was in the book of Job.

Job states that Satan claimed he had been "going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

That simply confirms he was still doing his evil work on the earth -- which he was given dominion over long before the time of Job.
The Jews refer to him as Ha'Satan, The Adversary. Just as Ha'Shem is The Name . Seems he has a job, as detestable as it is. He is here to work against and test us before God.
I perceive that you are on the right track, but Jehovah did not commission Satan to test us. God's will did not include making us suffer. It was Satan who challenged Jehovah to let him try to turn every human against Him, because, he said, no one would serve Him if they had to suffer. Satan wanted to prove that humans didn't really care for Him. Then he would prove that he, Satan, could rule humans even better than YHWH.

That is why we are suffering and everything is a mess.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #149

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 138 by myth-one.com]

Why do you think that God had finished His creation of the earth by verse 2? Wasn't he just starting to make it a home for living things?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #150

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:

Good luck.
I am all for human reasoning, and I have reasoned about this. I have asked you why you skip over all the verses between verse 2 and verse 31.

:o