Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #121

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:
onewithhim wrote:Each "day" in Genesis is an unknown length of time, possibly being millions or even billions of years long.
We actually know that each day in Genesis is a morning and an evening:
Yes, of course. But this does not prove that each "day" is 24 hours long. "Morning" and "evening" simply mean a beginning and an ending. This is not lost on most of us who, I'm sure, have made or heard such statements as, for example, "my beloved grandfather is in the 'evening,' or, the 'twilight,' or 'the sun-setting' of his life." Most of us have heard, also, in a 1970's song--"Morning has broken..." and this did not mean a literal morning like the beginning of a 24-hour day. It meant the beginning of a new start in a person's life, with no time-period involved.

:flower:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #122

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 103 by myth-one.com]

TIME / ORDER OF EVENTS

Okay may I ask, what scriptures did you use to establish the timeline /order of events in your post post #95 ?
  • - how did you establish that Lucifer was to quote your words "given dominion over the earth" {end quote} before the creation of man?
JW
The phrase "to quote your words" threw me off course.

I'm guessing that you meant:
  • - how did you establish that Lucifer was given dominion over the earth before the creation of man?
==================== Here's How ===========================

Satan offered Jesus power over all the kingdoms of the earth:

I "established" that Lucifer (as the devil) was given power over the earth upon reading the following scripture long ago:
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)
My guess is that the devil was delivered this dominion sometime between the the first two verses of the Bible:
Your guess? How about this?.......that Satan was allowed dominion over the earth after his conversation with Jehovah in the days of Job, sometime between 1657 B.C. and 1473 B.C. Check out Job 1:6 through 2:13.

This was quite a while after Genesis 1:1,2.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #123

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
onewithhim wrote:Each "day" in Genesis is an unknown length of time, possibly being millions or even billions of years long.
We actually know that each day in Genesis is a morning and an evening:
Yes, of course. But this does not prove that each "day" is 24 hours long. "Morning" and "evening" simply mean a beginning and an ending. This is not lost on most of us who, I'm sure, have made or heard such statements as, for example, "my beloved grandfather is in the 'evening,' or, the 'twilight,' or 'the sun-setting' of his life." Most of us have heard, also, in a 1970's song--"Morning has broken..." and this did not mean a literal morning like the beginning of a 24-hour day. It meant the beginning of a new start in a person's life, with no time-period involved.

Here is another biblical use of the word "day" in the scriptures:
Exodus 20 wrote:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
If each day is not an equal measure of time, how can anyone determine when the Sabbath is?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #124

Post by onewithhim »

polonius wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
RESPONSE: We are dealing with a symbolic book, not a prophecy.
A symbolic book, yes. But why do you think that it has nothing to do with prophecy? John wrote that it is "a revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place." (Rev.1:1.)

It is obvious, then, that the book is about real situations and events that would actually take place.

John said he was seeing visions of happenings "in the Lord's day." (Verse 10.) Bible students have determined "the Lord's day" to be the time just before the "new heaven and new earth" that has been promised throughout the Scriptures.

Everything that is symbolized in the Revelation is vitally important for us to know and understand, because it symbolically describes events that we have seen happen within the last 100 years, and some that are still to take place.

Anyone who ignores this book is bereft of vital knowledge and the hope that it provides. Rev. 1:3 says, "Happy is the one who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy and who observe the things written in it."

It calls itself "a prophecy," so why would you say it is not?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #125

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 103 by myth-one.com]

TIME / ORDER OF EVENTS

Okay may I ask, what scriptures did you use to establish the timeline /order of events in your post post #95 ?
  • - how did you establish that Lucifer was to quote your words "given dominion over the earth" {end quote} before the creation of man?
JW
The phrase "to quote your words" threw me off course.

I'm guessing that you meant:
  • - how did you establish that Lucifer was given dominion over the earth before the creation of man?
==================== Here's How ===========================

Satan offered Jesus power over all the kingdoms of the earth:

I "established" that Lucifer (as the devil) was given power over the earth upon reading the following scripture long ago:
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)
My guess is that the devil was delivered this dominion sometime between the the first two verses of the Bible:
Your guess? How about this?.......that Satan was allowed dominion over the earth after his conversation with Jehovah in the days of Job, sometime between 1657 B.C. and 1473 B.C. Check out Job 1:6 through 2:13.

This was quite a while after Genesis 1:1,2.

I checked them out, and find nothing about Satan being given dominion over the earth at that time.

Please quote a verse (or verses) within the Job 1:6 through 2:13 which indicate that is when Satan was granted dominion over the earth.

Thanks in advance

onewithhim
Savant

Post #126

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
myth-one.com wrote: He returned to the earth to restore it to its original good condition. That re-creation begins in Genesis 1:3.
Where were Satan and the rebelious angels while God was restoring the earth?
They were on the earth -- having been cast down -- remember?

Satan caused Adam and Eve to sin -- remember that?
I can see that you haven't bothered to look at my posts very closely, because I addressed the scenario of the angels looking down on human women (Genesis 6) and THEN coming down to earth from heaven. They weren't confined to the earth before then and neither were they confined to the earth then or after that---until "the Lord's day" which occurred thousands of years later.

The demons were cast down after Jesus returned to heaven after his resurrection, and after Jesus ascended to his position as King of the Kingdom during the last days. The record shows that after his taking the throne, so to speak, "war broke out in heaven, and Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." (Rev.12:7-9)

The Devil was allowed to stay in heaven until these last days when he was finally cast out. Before this, he was allowed to go in amongst all the angels before God's throne for assemblies, as we read in the book of Job. REMEMBER THAT? He went back and forth from heaven to the earth. Now, at this time, he is confined to the earth and has "great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time." (Rev.12:12)

Do you get your ideas from a clergyperson or do you think them up yourself?

:-|

onewithhim
Savant

Post #127

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 123 by myth-one.com]

It has been stated, by people here on these threads AND by various Bible scholars, that "day" can have various meanings. It can mean a time period of 24 hours OR it can mean a period of time whose length is undetermined.

The Pictorial Bible Dictionary [(Zondervan); Merrill C. Tenney, general editor; J.P. Williston, Professor of Bible and Theology, Graduate School of Theology, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois] states thus:

"The word ["day"] also refers to time in general (Judges 18:30; Obadiah 12; Job 18:20), and is also used figuratively, referring to the day of judgment (Isaiah 2:12; Joel 1:15; Amos 5:18; Romans 13:12), the length of life (Genesis 5:4), the time of opportunity ((John 9:4), and any time (Proverbs 12:16 ASV, note 3).

:yes:

onewithhim
Savant

Post #128

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 125 by myth-one.com]

All you have to do is read Job 1:6-12 and 2:1-6.

Careful reading will apprise us of the fact that Satan had more in mind than just Job to test. He said, "A man will give everything he has for his life. But for a change, stretch out your hand and strike his bone and flesh, and he will curse you to your very face." (Job 2:4,5)

By saying this, Satan was saying in effect that any human will turn against God when made to suffer. He was then allowed to put humans to the test, starting with Job. He has been doing it ever since.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #129

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 125 by myth-one.com]

All you have to do is read Job 1:6-12 and 2:1-6.

Careful reading will apprise us of the fact that Satan had more in mind than just Job to test. He said, "A man will give everything he has for his life. But for a change, stretch out your hand and strike his bone and flesh, and he will curse you to your very face." (Job 2:4,5)

By saying this, Satan was saying in effect that any human will turn against God when made to suffer. He was then allowed to put humans to the test, starting with Job. He has been doing it ever since.
OK.

But you referenced these verses as proof that Satan was given dominion over the earth during that time.

But now, you cannot point out one verse to me within Job 1:6-12 and 2:1-6 which supports your claim?

Until you do, I'll assume there is no such verse.

Satan was there in the Garden of Eden just as he was in the book of Job.

Job states that Satan claimed he had been "going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it."

That simply confirms he was still doing his evil work on the earth -- which he was given dominion over long before the time of Job.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #130

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:Do you get your ideas from a clergyperson or do you think them up yourself?
Neither.

I read them in a book.