Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #151

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 143 by myth-one.com]

Did you not see my post addressing the issue of God changing things?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 520#992520
Yes, I did.
Do you have any bible based counter arguments to present?
JW
Even knowing that it is hopeless, sure, why not. ](*,)

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

You believe God created the earth formless, void, and dark. And you made some attempts to prove that formless, void, and dark can be or is "good."

On the other hand, I believe God created the heaven and the earth good in verse 1 and it degraded over time to become formless, void, and dark; as described in verse 2. God then returned and re-created that formless, void, and dark earth -- creating man in that re-creation.

===============================================

God follows a general pattern of creation beginning in verse 3. That pattern is to state what is being created, declare that it is "good," then declare which day it was created on.

Note that this is never done for the heaven and earth created in verse one.

In verse 3, God created light, which is the opposite of darkness:
Genesis 1:3 wrote:And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
God then immediately reviewed the light He created and described it as "good":
Genesis 3:4 wrote: And God saw the light, that it was good: . . .
While God never declared total darkness as good or bad, He described the opposite of darkness (light) as good.

If some light within darkness is good, then it seems that the total darkness of the creation in verse one would be the opposite of good.

The same goes for formless and void. God never declared either as "good."

From your posting #139 which you asked about several times:
Could you explain (with scripture) why a formless dark earth, like the baby Jesus 6 months into his development, could not have been one (perfect) stage in the earth's journey towards completion?
I'm not going to compare baby Jesus 6 months into His development with anything.

I'll say that that sperm has the capability of physical movement. That is, they are alive.

And being alive is much more intricate than an entire earth which is formless, void, and dark.

To this date, secular man can only speculate about the spark of life from non-living matter.
=============================================

In trying to prove your claim that God created something without form, void, and dark as an interim step; you are denying God's omnipotence!

That is, you deny that God could have made everything directly, thus He had to create something piece meal in multiple steps.

So He is not all powerful.

Is that a problem?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #152

[Replying to post 151 by myth-one.com]

I dont see a SINGLE scripture to support your conclusions. The scriptures you cite are the ones in question, so light must be provided elsewhere, with other scriptures.

- What can you provide that establishes, for example, that void, dark or literal formlessness of objects are ever viewed as negatives in their literal sense?

Can you explain the lack of scriptural support in your answer?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #153

myth-one.com wrote:
I'm not going to compare baby Jesus 6 months into His development with anything
Why not? Who made that baby ? and at what stage was he bad since at three months in the womb he clearly wouldn't have been completely developed?

LUKE 1:35

The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #154

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 133 by myth-one.com]

You're serious? I'm not being sarcastic. I really thought you were just having fun setting forth comical ideas.
Yes, I was being serious.

I quote scripture verses to support my beliefs.

Surely you do not find the scriptures funny.

========================================
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 138 by myth-one.com]
Why do you think that God had finished His creation of the earth by verse 2? Wasn't he just starting to make it a home for living things?
I built (past tense) my house thirty years ago.

Is my house built?

Yes.

Let me describe it to you:

My house looks like a piece of junk.

Did I build it that way?
======================================
Genesis 1:1 wrote:In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
This is talking about the past -- you know, back in the beginning.

The heaven and earth can be described because they have already been created back in the beginning.

How are the heaven and the earth?

No info is given about the heaven, but the earth is formless, void, and dark.
Genesis wrote:And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (Genesis 1:1-2)
Last edited by myth-one.com on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #155

[Replying to post 154 by myth-one.com]

Youre building a premise on Genesis 1:1, in fact you seem to have constructed an entire theology on it, but you have not provided scriptural support for that premises. Yes, Genesis 1 verse 1 could be describing a completed planet and verse two a reparation (although the language does not imply this was the case) but the problem is
  • a) you have provided no scriptures that support the above conclusion

b) your conclusion forces a view of the material world that is unsupported in scripture

c) it imposes a timeline of events that at the very least contradicts the explicit narrative.

This is not to say these issues cannot be resolved, but thus far you have not even attemoted to do so. You have simply repeated a dichtomy that has not been established or revealed more of the theology you have built on the unproven premise.
  • Genesis 1 verse 1 on could be describing a completed process, as an overview and then returnng to fill in details. We find this pattern throughout the book of Genesis (see Gen 2: 4, 5:1, 2 ; 10:1 etc)
    [*] To illustrate: We have been married for 52 years { overview} . I met the my wife in my senoir year in highscool. {chronologically going back to the beginning} She didnt notice me but I was taken by her right away {details}.
  • It could simply be giving a basic fundamental fact without focus on any particular point in time ie "God made everthing"
  • It could be describing the initial creation from nothing of the physical universe (of which the earth would be a part) and verse 2 onwards, of how God specifically prepared said planet for human habitation. (the language favours this since verse 1 uses the Hebrew "bara" which basically refers to creating from "nothing" and in the rest of the verses uses to form or make from existing elements.
In any case, one thing is certain, if a conclusion creates conflict or imposes manmade thinking (physical darkness is is immoral, liquids, gasses or other formless elements are Satanic, God cannot create in stages) that distorts or conflicts with other scripture, then that conclusion, no matter how endeared it may be to a person, is erroneous.

RELATED POSTS

Does the bible say the earth BECAME formless, dark or void?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 39#p836739

Should we conclude a formless, dark earth was thus rendered by Satan the Devil?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 49#p992549

If a formless, empty, dark earth is good, why did God begin changing those conditions [...]?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 73#p836673

How can the statements at Genesis 1 verse 1 and that in Genesis 1:2 be explained?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 59#p992659

How does the bible description of early earth fit with scientific facts?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 41#p836741
JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun May 01, 2022 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #156

Post by myth-one.com »

Definition of Omnipotent: The attribute of God which describes his ability to do whatever He wills. God's will is limited by His nature, and He therefore cannot do anything contrary to His nature as God, such as to ignore sin, to sin, or to do something absurd or self-contradictory.

God is Omnipotent.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #157

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 154 by myth-one.com]

You haven't explained why you breeze right over the Gen.1:3-30 verses as if they weren't there.

God starts His creation of everything ON the earth with verse 3, and goes on to describe what He did to make it a beautiful place for both animals and humans.

Why don't you recognize STAGES in the creation of the earth and everything on it?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #158

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:You haven't explained why you breeze right over the Gen.1:3-30 verses as if they weren't there.
I do not breeze right over Genesis 1:3 to 3:30.

They describe in some detail the re-creation of the earth.
onewithhim wrote:God starts His creation of everything ON the earth with verse 3, and goes on to describe what He did to make it a beautiful place for both animals and humans.
Wrong!

Here is where God started His creation of the earth and everything initially on it:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Can there be two beginnings of the earth?
onewithhim wrote:Why don't you recognize STAGES in the creation of the earth and everything on it?
I recognize six days of re-creation of the earth. You can call them stages if you want to.

We are told little about the initial creation of the earth -- only that it occurred "in the beginning."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #159

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 157 by myth-one.com]

I do pray that you will cease creating your own theories for everything. You are not being reasonable, and you do not want to consider anyone else's viewpoint. I have considered yours and find it wanting.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 1:18, KJV)

:study:

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #160

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 157 by myth-one.com]

I do pray that you will cease creating your own theories for everything. You are not being reasonable, and you do not want to consider anyone else's viewpoint. I have considered yours and find it wanting.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 1:18, KJV)
I believe that everything God created was very good.

You believe that God created the earth as formless, void, and dark:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (Genesis 1:1-2)

The bible agrees with me:
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)
I'll have to agree with the scriptures.