Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Location o Christ and his co-rulers during the millenium

Post #161

[Replying to post 159 by myth-one.com]

DOES THE BIBLE EVER STATE THE EARTH WAS PURPOSED FOR SPIRITS?
PSALMS 115:16 - Christian Standard Bible

The heavens are the LORD's, but the earth he has given to the human race
GENESIS 2:8 - NWT
Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in Eden, toward the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed
GENESIS 1:28 New International Version
God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Does Satan own the earth or run it?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 85#p992285

FURTHER READING Will the Earth Be Destroyed?
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q ... destroyed/

RELATED POSTS
Does the bible say the earth was ever purposed for spirits?
viewtopic.php?p=992721#p992721

Does the bible indicate that angels ruled over the earth originally?
viewtopic.php?p=1105459#p1105459

Is it true that physical flesh and blood human beings can NEVER live forever?
viewtopic.php?p=1075541#p1075541

Will it be angels or humans that live forever on earth?
viewtopic.php?p=1075606#p1075606

Does JUDE imply angels were originally charged to take care of the earth?
viewtopic.php?p=1105459#p1105459

Does the bible teach that humans transformed into spirits will live forever ON EARTH?
viewtopic.php?p=1075606#p1075606

What does it mean that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom"?
viewtopic.php?p=1075544#p1075544
To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE PLANET EARTH, .GOD'S KINGDOM and ... EVERLASTING LIFE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #162

Post by myth-one.com »

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1)
Genesis 1:2) wrote:And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
Genesis 1:1-2 wrote:And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
Based on those three verses, in what condition did God create the earth?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #163

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 161 by myth-one.com]

God did not say that everything was "very good" until verse 31.

Between verses 2 and 31 He created everything on the earth.

We have discussed this at length. Shall we just raise the white flag and say "Stalemate!" We'll just have to agree to disagree.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #164

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 161 by myth-one.com]

We have discussed this at length. Shall we just raise the white flag and say "Stalemate!" We'll just have to agree to disagree.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
The creation of the earth was over after genesis 1:1.

Whenever the beginning was, God created the heaven and the earth at THAT time.

If you disagree, state your case.

It was completed.

Sometime after its creation, God stated that it was without form, void; and dark.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. (Genesis 1:2)
Those facts are indisputable.

To claim anything else is to rewrite the scriptures.

==============================================

But in what state was the earth created in verse 1:
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)
Everything God created was created "very good" in the eyes of God.

He created the earth in the beginning, so in the beginning the earth was "very good."

So the only way the earth could correctly be described in verse 2 as without form, void, and dark is that it came to be that way over time for some reason -- because it was created in verse 1 as "very good"!

If you can reach any other valid conclusion, then make your case.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #165

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote:

It was completed.

I have stated my case. You can't see, apparently, that God continued the creation ON the earth after verse 1. You say His creation "was completed." Obviously it was not. He created the planet (verse 1) but not everything ON it.

I'm done with this argument going around in circles. I can see clearly that God's completion of His creation of the things ON the earth was not attained until verse 31. You can throw that around all you want, but it doesn't change the obvious fact that God's creation of everything on the earth took place after verse 1, over 6 periods of undetermined time. You will not accept this, but that's fine. It's your opinion and you have a right to it.

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #166

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:

It was completed.
I have stated my case. You can't see, apparently, that God continued the creation ON the earth after verse 1. You say His creation "was completed." Obviously it was not. He created the planet (verse 1) but not everything ON it.

I'm done with this argument going around in circles. I can see clearly that God's completion of His creation of the things ON the earth was not attained until verse 31. You can throw that around all you want, but it doesn't change the obvious fact that God's creation of everything on the earth took place after verse 1, over 6 periods of undetermined time. You will not accept this, but that's fine. It's your opinion and you have a right to it.

As I said, we'll have to agree to disagree.
OK, so you've stated your closing case.
After reading that verse, you "clearly" see that the earth was not completed as the verse states ("created" being past tense).

The heaven was apparently completed as "very good," as it is not mentioned in verse two as being formless, void, and dark.

So God had sufficient power over the heaven, but had to build the little earth in steps.

OK. Let's just look at the problem with the lights.

God created light later in verse 3 by saying four words -- "Let there be light."

Was that too much for God to do initially?

Or did He create the earth in verse 1, and think "Oops, I forgot that light was required"?

===============================================

In previous posts, you and JehovahWitnesses made feeble attempts to equate "formless, void, and dark" with "good."

That was comical.

So was your theory that God creating a "hunk" of stuff in verse 1 as a first step to creating the earth.

Oh well, Merry Christmas.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #167

IS PHYSICAL DARKNESS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE ACTIONS OF THE TRUE GOD?
GENESIS 1:2 NWT

... and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God’s active force [holy spirit] was moving about over the surface of the waters.
2 CORINTHIANS 3:17 NLT
For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom

GENISIS 1:5
God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day.

CAN GOD CREATE SOMETHING THAT IS FORMLESS?
GENESIS 1:6
And God made the expanse

ISAIAH 44:3
For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.
Further: can something be formless yet perfectly in line with Gods will and purpose?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 21#p992521

CAN GOD DO THINGS IN STAGES?
DEUTERONOMY 32:4 NWT
The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice.
PSALMS 139:13 NLT
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb
ARE ANY OF GODS PERFECT WORKS COMPLETED IN STAGES?

LUKE 1:35

The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God

RELATED POSTS

Does the bible say the earth BECAME formless, dark or void?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 39#p836739

Should we conclude a formless, dark earth was thus rendered by Satan the Devil?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 49#p992549

If a formless, empty, dark earth is good, why did God begin changing those conditions [...]?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 73#p836673

How can the statements at Genesis 1 verse 1 and that in Genesis 1:2 be explained?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 59#p992659

How does the bible description of early earth fit with scientific facts?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 41#p836741
To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE PLANET EARTH, .GOD'S KINGDOM and ... EVERLASTING LIFE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon May 16, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #168

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Onewithhim,

It appears that you claim that Jesus the Christ who is Lord of lords and King of kings will not come to reign personally upon the earth.

It appears that you claim that “THE NEW JERUSALEM THAT WILL COME DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN TO THIS EARTH” will not be graced by our Lord and only savior JESUS CHRIST.

It also appears that you claim that all the kingdoms of this earth will fail and become the “KINGDOM OF GOD” as taught in the book of Daniel and yet he will not come here to personally reign over his kingdom???

Let’s hear your scripturally supported JW doctrine on the above regarding the “KINGDOM OF GOD” and who will reign personally upon this divine kingdom..

Kind regards,
RW

Revelations won
Sage

Post #169

Post by Revelations won »

Dear Onewithhim,

It appears that you claim that Jesus the Christ who is Lord of lords and King of kings will not come to reign personally upon the earth.

It appears that you claim that “THE NEW JERUSALEM THAT WILL COME DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN TO THIS EARTH” will not be graced by our Lord and only savior JESUS CHRIST.

It also appears that you claim that all the kingdoms of this earth will fail and become the “KINGDOM OF GOD” as taught in the book of Daniel and yet he will not come here to personally reign over his kingdom???

Let’s hear your JW doctrine on the above regarding the “KINGDOM OF GOD”..

Revelation 20:
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Psalms 89:18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

Psalms 95:
O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

Isaiah 33:
He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.
Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

Isaiah 43:

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.
Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Matthew 2:
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

John 1:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Revelatrion 17:

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Indeed Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords as the scriptures so testify as also shown in :

Revelation 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

When one considers all of the above I observe that it is very amazing that JW’s continue to deny the divinity of Jesus the Christ.

While you may have your private interpretation of the scriptures, I find your interpretations carry very little weight compared with that mighty testimony of one of the eyewitnesses of the risen Lord Jesus Christ as shown in the following from this Apostle:

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Kind regards,
RW

Candle
Student

Post #170

Post by Candle »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:50 pm Revelation 20 verse 6 speaks of Christ ruling with others for the 1,000 years. As one if Jehovahs Witnesses I understand ...

a) Jesus will rule over humans beings (not spirits) that are NOT designated as kings
b) The subjects (those not designated as kings) will live on earth
c) Jesus will not relocate from heaven to rule from a specific location on earth but will rather be in heaven ruling over the earth.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of the points. How do you understand Revelation 20:6 as regards to
a) subjects : who ir what will he rule over?
b: location where will the subjects his rule live?
c) location where will Jesus (and his co-rulers) be situated during this rule?
Sometimes you have to read more than one verse.

Revelation 20:4 - Who sits on thrones? I bet kings sit on thrones. The fact that they are referred to as priests in verse 6, instead of kings, is of little consequence when you consider that same verse says they will reign with Him 1,000 years. Who reigns? Kings reign. They reign over, and are priests for, the nations (Gentiles) until the heaven and earth are renewed.

When the 1,000 years expires, there will be a renewed heaven and earth, and the new Jerusalem comes down FROM heaven. The rest of the dead are raised and judged.
Jesus sits on the throne in Jerusalem. That is on Mt Zion, in the Land.