Where is water baptism of Paul?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Where is water baptism of Paul?

Post #1

Post by Yahwehismywitness »

Jesus says follow him at least 20 times in the gospels.
Jesus was water baptized Matthew 3:14:17
Must do for Holy Spirit promise

Was name change a substitute?

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #31

Peter was true Apostle and was put in prison bound with chains Acts 12:6
angel came and broke Peter out of prison Acts 12: 11-14

According to Acts 24:27, Paul was imprisoned in Caesarea for at least two years before being brought before Festus for trial. He was then sent by ship to Rome, where he spent two years under house arrest. The two terms of imprisonment, the voyage and the shipwreck would mean that Paul was in custody between four and five years best guess

No breakout for him

Red Wolf
Apprentice

Post #32

Post by Red Wolf »

One of the most inspirational passages in the Bible can be found in Deuteronomy chapter 30.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
11 “For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

The message of this passage is that the Law [Torah] is not too difficult to obey.

But this message does not “fit� with Paul’s anti-Law theology. So look at how Paul “reinvents� the message of Deuteronomy 30 to fit his heretical theology.
Romans 10:6-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), 7 or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).� 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart�—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #33

The Bible reads: "The law of the Yahweh [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Yahweh [is] sure, making wise the simple. (Psalms 19:7) But what does Paul say?

In many places, Paul says lust/concupiscence is stirred up by the Law (Romans 7:5; 1 Cor. 15:56) and without the Law stirring his lust, Paul would not have known to covet/lust. (Romans 7:7.) The Law by its prohibitions supposedly thereby made sin even more "exceedingly sinful." (Romans 7:13.) Freeing yourself from the Law will free you from sin: "For sin shall not be master of you for you are not under the Law." (Romans 6:14 .) The most blasphemous section is Romans 7:7-11

Proverbs 6:16-19 lists seven things which are also abominations: "haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers."

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #34

Post by brianbbs67 »

Paul is strange creature to me for sure. But, what if he can be harmonized?

https://www.119ministries.com/teachings ... ver-wrong/

tam
Savant

Post #35

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Yahwehismywitness wrote:
Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—[Jesus], who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the holy spirit.� 18 Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19 and after taking some food, he regained his strength.
Acts 26:12 He went with authority and commission of chief priests

He went back to where he started to High Priest Ananias that he knew.
A. C. Hervey described him as "a violent, haughty, gluttonous, and rapacious man, and yet looked up to by the Jews".[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_son_of_Nedebeus

1. It was no revelation Saul/Paul knew him and worked for him persecuting believers he admitted that in Acts 26:2
2. Probably saw signs and wonders there like what Egyptians did during Moses time. Mark 13: 21-23, Deuteronomy 13:1-5
3. Fact he fixed blindness is just sign and wonder it does not mean much considering his actions and beliefs. Matthew 7:22-23
4. Sadducees did not believe in resurrection Acts. 23:8
5. Ananias is not Yahweh and cannot fill with Holy Spirit that is a lie he was evil

No matter how convincing the signs and wonders of a professed prophet or teacher may be, that person must be rejected if he teaches heresy.

The high priest Ananias is not the same Ananias who went to Paul. There is more than one Ananias written about in Acts.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #36

The high priest Ananias is not the same Ananias who went to Paul. There is more than one Ananias written about in Acts.
Saul was a murderer who would possibly help everybody knew?

Back to the one that sent him out.And here he hath authority from the CHIEF PRIESTS to bind all that call on thy name. Acts 9:14
Why? Signs and Wonders.
Who was the Chief Priest? - Ananias a Sadducee evil violent man that sent Saul out to persecute believers - spirit of Satan that is how he knew.

Do you think Satan can send messages to his troops? Of course he is imitator of Yahweh. Signs and wonders.
Even if there are two Ananias still from High Priest authority and no revelation Saul knew them and they sent him out to persecute believers.
Ananias can only share his spirit of Satan.

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #37

Jesus made 12 Apostles into eternity they are foundations in the new city 12 names. You cannot harmonize that.

Please keep in mind that Yahweh spoke from heaven at Jesus' baptism so everyone could hear right at the beginning of Jesus's ministry. Addressing the crowds about who was Jesus, "a voice from heaven said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (Matt. 3:17.) This was not addressing Jesus directly and personally ("my Son"), but rather Yahweh, the Father, told the crowds who Jesus was -- "this is my Son."

While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and covered them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. 35 A voice came from the cloud, saying, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.� 36 When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. (Luke 9:34-36.)

Yahweh from heaven made sure His voice was heard by those around Jesus to confirm the authenticity of the revelation from Yahweh to Jesus.

Identical to how Yahweh revealed Moses was His servant.

My point he says and documents 12

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #38

So you harmonize why spend that energy. Jesus says at least 20 times in the gospels to follow him he is the sole teacher

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #39

Paul"s thorn of the Flesh 2 Corinthians 12:7-9, Paul says, “And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

We can conclude Paul did not know where his thorn came from it is a mark of sin, curse, worthless fellows, ungodly and unworthy. Goes all the way back to Genesis and creation.
https://yahwehismywitness.com/do-not-be ... -of-thorns

Yahwehismywitness
Scholar

Post #40

I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service. 2 Corinthians 11:8

And He said to them, “When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?� So they said, “Nothing.� Luke 22:35

Neither shalt thou steal Deuteronomy 5:19