A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Garbe, Detlef (2008). Between Resistance and Martyrdom: Jehovah's Witnesses in the Third Reich. University of Wisconsin Press. pp. 37, 38. ISBN 0-299-20794-3.

" In their opinion, only people who have accepted Jehovah and subsequently submit to his requirements will survive Armageddon and enter into the New World ... Jehovah's Witnesses also believe that a person confessing to worship God has to be associated with the true Christian denomination. Since they claim to be the only true religious denomination, they also claim to have the only means for salvation."

Is this a belief that all Jehovah Witnesses hold?

EastwardTraveler
Student

Re: A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Post #151

Post by EastwardTraveler »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

There is a subforum for JW here?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #152

Post by JehovahsWitness »

EastwardTraveler wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2]

There is a subforum for JW here?
No, there is a SUBFORUM : Questions for a group LINK here
viewforum.php?f=45

If you direct your post to Jehovah's Witnesses, I or one of my JWs brothers or sisters will try and respond.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #153

Post by onewithhim »

bjs wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:27 pm [Replying to post 2 by JehovahsWitness]

While I appreciate what you have said, this doesn’t address the heart of the question. This only addresses those living in the past.

For those living today, do most Jehovah’s Witnesses hold that only Jehovah’s Witnesses are saved?

(Feel free to give the official position of Jehovah’s Witnesses or, if there is none, your own view. I don’t expect you to respond for every Jehovah’s Witness in the world.)
My understanding is that, since many people will not have been approached with the good news of God's Kingdom when the end comes, there will be a considerable amount of people who will be allowed into the new system of things who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. Included in these would, of course, be mentally challenged people who can't make up their minds one way or the other. People who have not been given considerable time to make up their minds about the Kingdom will surely be given instruction and time within the time frame of the Millennial Reign. There will be a very great teaching work during the Thousand-Year Reign of Christ. Many of these will be people who are still alive when the Great Tribulation starts, who will join those who will be resurrected from the past.