A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Garbe, Detlef (2008). Between Resistance and Martyrdom: Jehovah's Witnesses in the Third Reich. University of Wisconsin Press. pp. 37, 38. ISBN 0-299-20794-3.

" In their opinion, only people who have accepted Jehovah and subsequently submit to his requirements will survive Armageddon and enter into the New World ... Jehovah's Witnesses also believe that a person confessing to worship God has to be associated with the true Christian denomination. Since they claim to be the only true religious denomination, they also claim to have the only means for salvation."

Is this a belief that all Jehovah Witnesses hold?

tam
Savant

Post #141

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:
Except that the WTS teaches that if one is killed at Armageddon (Phase 1, the burning building) it is a done deal.
If you dont agree with that your fight is not against us but against Jesus.
MATTHEW 25

“When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. ... “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels... These will depart into everlasting cutting-off....�
Do you believe anything that Jesus said at all?

JW

Did you read my entire post?

You are the one saying that it is not a done deal for those who did not follow the instructions to survive Phase 1 (the burning building; armageddon).

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #142

Post by JehovahsWitness »

tam wrote:

Applying your analogy {snip} ...
No you dont get to apply my analogy, I do. It comes from inside my head, not yours. All you can do is ask me what each thing corresponds to. You can if you like say what you get from it, and I can say you got it wrong. What you don't get to so is tell me what I was trying to communicate. Its my writing, my illustration not yours.

You are not the boss of me.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #143

tam wrote:
You are the one saying that it is not a done deal for those who did not follow the instructions to survive Phase 1 (the burning building; armageddon).

Did I say the burning building represents Armageddon?

This well ilustrates what you have been doing throughout this thread. Imposing your own beliefs on someone elses rhetoric, saying "that is what they meant" even when your conclusion is in direct contradiction to what the writers state. Filling in any gaps with your own anti-Witness bias to the point that you cant seem to stop yourself doing it, even with me.

I now expect a dozen posts from you telling me what I had for breakfast and how my copy of the Watchtower cooked it for me

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #144

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:

Did I say the burning building represents Armageddon?

See, this is why I asked you if you had read my post, because in my post I used your analogy. And in my words that you quoted (where you said if I did not agree with the quote, then my fight was against "Jesus"), Armageddon is identified as the burning building.

This well ilustrates what you have been doing throughout this thread. Imposing your own beliefs on someone elses rhetoric, saying "that is what they meant" even when your conclusion is in direct contradiction to what the writers state. Filling in any gaps with your own anti-Witness bias to the point that you cant seem to stop yourself doing it, even with me.

I now expect a dozen posts from you telling me what I had for breakfast and how my copy of the Watchtower cooked it for me

Cute.

But I am not the one saying 'this is what they meant' - I am the one saying 'this is what they SAID'. I posted their words exactly. I tried asking you questions for clarity, but you keep refusing to answer the questions that I ask.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

tam
Savant

Post #145

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:

Applying your analogy {snip} ...
No you dont get to apply my analogy, I do. It comes from inside my head, not yours. All you can do is ask me what each thing corresponds to. You can if you like say what you get from it, and I can say you got it wrong. What you don't get to so is tell me what I was trying to communicate. Its my writing, my illustration not yours.

You are not the boss of me.

JW

I never said I was the boss of you (that doesn't even make sense), and I was not telling you what you were trying to communicate in that post. I was just applying your same analogy to our earlier discussion, to help make that discussion more clear.

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #146

[Replying to post 137 by tam]

I don't recall asking you what your understanding of Armageeddon is or how you wish to illustrate it. I gave an illustration and I know what I meant. Feel free not to impose an unintended meaning on my words.
tam wrote:

Cute.

I tried asking you questions for clarity, but you keep refusing to answer the questions that I ask.
The thread is full of my sometimes detailed answers to the questions related to the OP. I feel no obligation to respond to every qustion asked of me especially if they irrational, illogical or loaded.

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #147

WHAT DO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES TEACH?
tam wrote: I am not the one saying 'this is what they meant' - I am the one saying 'this is what they SAID'. I posted their words exactly.
Saying this is what is being "taught" is a euphemism for this is what is meant. Throughout the thread you have used such terms. In case you are not aware of the difference I shall illustrate for you.
To illustrate: Some Atheist/antbiblists say "Jesus taught to we have to mutilate our own bodys." And indeed we read in the bible that He SAID "if your eye makes you stumble rip it out." That is what he said, but what was he teaching? ie what was the point/the meaning of what he said? He TAUGHT rigorous self discipline; he did not teach self mutilation.
You (and others) have pointed out what various articles have SAID but others have had the graciousness to accept that even if they have a certain impresson, the JWs know their the teachings the words are communicating. You on the otherhand have insisted on (what in your opinion) our TEACHING is (ie what is meant, the point being made).

I and the other witnesses have acknowleged what various aricles have said and attempted to explain what is being taught. As with some atheists who insist their understanding of Jesus was a masochist is a slam dunk, you have insisted that Jehovahs Witnesses are wrong about what Jehovah's Witness TEACHINGS are even when your take contradicts explicit statements to the contrary.

That is your right but we claim no ownership of it.

JW

COULD IT BE JEHOVAHS WITNESSES UNDERSTAND JEHOVAHS WITNESSES TEACHINGS BETTER THAN NON-WITNESSES?
tam wrote: ... I don't see how you could say that it is not being taught...
tam wrote: The WTS teaches that ...
tam wrote: This is what the WTS is saying...
tam wrote: The WTS is teaching ....
tam wrote:
Except that the WTS teaches that ...

This is what the WTS teaches. ...

onewithhim
Savant

Post #148

Post by onewithhim »

Yahwehismywitness wrote: In old testament people met in homes and today that is acceptable too based on most not obeying Holy Sabbath started during creation.

Sunday is named after the sun, there are many warnings about this
https://yahwehismywitness.com/blog/f/th ... ahwehs-law
Saturday is named after Saturn. Your point?

theQuestion
Banned
Banned

Re: A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Post #149

Post by theQuestion »

Some of us may believe that, with shallow faith, but most of us know better; for we ALL know Christ will judge the heart, not just a denomination.
HOWEVER, it WILL be mostly honest, God-fearing people that will be spared~

2 Thess 1:7- when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire,
8- inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
You MUST worship with spirit & TRUTH!- Jesus

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: A belief of the Jehovah Witnesses?

Post #150

Post by 2timothy316 »

theQuestion wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:39 am Some of us may believe that, with shallow faith, but most of us know better; for we ALL know Christ will judge the heart, not just a denomination.
HOWEVER, it WILL be mostly honest, God-fearing people that will be spared~

2 Thess 1:7- when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire,
8- inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
1Peter 4:17 "For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God."
Based on the Bible, Witnesses believe that before everyone else is judged, they will be judged and will continue to be judged and are being judged right now. That judgement will indeed be based on the heart of the individual regardless of their affiliation with the JWs. Just claiming to be a member of JWs will not save a person or cause a person to escape God's judgement.

Getting to know Jehovah God and Jesus is the way to salvation. "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”—John 17:3. This 'coming to know' is not just knowing their names but who they are and their qualities. What they like and what they hate. Knowing what these things are and doing the things they love and avoiding the things they hate the same things keeps a person safe. (Ps 97:10)
Those who follow Jehovah's commandments want Jehovah to judge them and prefer it to mankind's judgement. "Judge me, O Jehovah, according to my righteousness And according to my integrity." - Ps 7:8.
We invite Him to judge our weaknesses and correct us. (Ps 119:33)
Where we struggle in His ways and do make a mistake, we turn around from what we are doing and we ask Him to forgive us. (1 John 2:1, 2)