Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Galatians 1.(Paul)

"11 Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin. 12For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

My friend Ralph, who fell off his bicycle and hit his head on the way to Damascus (Oregon), makes the same claim.

He says he has divine knowledge with he gets straight from Jesus Christ.

If we believe Paul, shouldn't we believe Ralph too?

If not, exactly why not? :-s

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Post #11

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1 by polonius]

What is Ralph's message? Paul's was of the wonderful things of God, the Father, and the Son of God.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #12

Post by onewithhim »

Menotu wrote:
polonius wrote: Galatians 1.(Paul)

"11 Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin. 12For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

My friend Ralph, who fell off his bicycle and hit his head on the way to Damascus (Oregon), makes the same claim.

If Ralph isn't asking for my money, time, worship....he's the man!
History has been full of Ralphs. And will continue to be (assuming we all survive the virus)
None have seemed to have fulfilled their objectives.
I have to say, Jesus ben Joseph of Nazareth did fulfill his objectives. He was prophesied to come, and show up at a certain time, and he did (Daniel chapter 9). He was prophesied to be temporarily way-sided (Genesis 3:15) and treated like a criminal (Isaiah 53), but there are sprinklings of prophetic info about his rising from the dead throughout the Scriptures (Psalm 16:10), starting with Genesis 3:15. He indicated to his disciples that he would go away, after his resurrection, for a long time (Matthew 25:19). In fact he would be away until "the last days," or, "the harvest time" (Matt.13:30, 39, 40). Then all that he promised would be fulfilled---the destruction of the wicked and the institution of the Kingdom. All this was revealed to the Apostle John and John related it to us in his Revelation, which most people ignore.

Red Wolf
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Red Wolf »

[Replying to post 10 by Menotu]

Good point...Jesus never fulfilled any of the Messianic Scriptures of the Hebrew Scriptures....

Willum
Savant

Post #14

Post by Willum »

[Replying to Red Wolf]

Better a iffy Jesus in the hand, than a Judaic savior that’s never coming, in the bush.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

tam
Savant

Post #15

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 1 by polonius]

What is Ralph's message? Paul's was of the wonderful things of God, the Father, and the Son of God.

Indeed, yes.

We cannot test an inspired expression unless we know what the message is. So that we can test against Christ (His words, His teachings) and against love (since God is love and nothing from God will be against love).

How can we hold a message/words up to the Light (up to Christ) without the actual message?

Peace again to you!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #16

Post by onewithhim »

Red Wolf wrote: [Replying to post 10 by Menotu]

Good point...Jesus never fulfilled any of the Messianic Scriptures of the Hebrew Scriptures....
I just showed how he DID.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by sleepyhead »

polonius wrote: Galatians 1.(Paul)

Hello,
My understanding is that the Lord is One. All the forces of Nature are a part of that oneness. One of those forces would be instinct. All life have instinct. Those with smaller minds like insects rely totally on instinct. Instinct has been wrong so it would be a mistake to attach some sort of infallibility to instinct. Because we have larger brains instinct doesn't play quite the major role in our actions as it does with animals.
After being hit in the head it's possible that instinct is playing a larger role than it did before. The problem with claiming it's from Jesus is that he might be claiming an infallibility to what he receives.
Your friend isn't the first psychic. Many have come before him. He should take it easy on the claims. Do some study on psychic phenomena. I recommend the following book: Edgar Cayce: A seer out o season.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

polonius
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by polonius »

RESPONSE: This is true. So Jesus wasn't the Messiah.

polonius
Prodigy

Post #19

Post by polonius »

onewithhim wrote:

I just showed how he DID.

Realy? PLease tell us PRECISELY which Messianic prophecy Jesus fulfilled.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by Purple Knight »

Elijah John wrote:Thomas Paine would call either claim "hearsay". Paine does not exclude the possibility of Almighty God bestowing direct revelation on a given individual, but when the individual in question tells another, then it becomes hearsay and no one is obliged to believe it.
Yes, I remember that Thomas Paine wrote that.

A revelation is a revelation for that man alone.

In other words, if God appears to you in the form of a squirrel and tells you he is a squirrel, then he is. ...For you. You can't expect other people to believe you any more than you expect yourself to believe it when Joe comes and tells you God just told him to take all your money.