Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Galatians 1.(Paul)

"11 Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin. 12For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

My friend Ralph, who fell off his bicycle and hit his head on the way to Damascus (Oregon), makes the same claim.

He says he has divine knowledge with he gets straight from Jesus Christ.

If we believe Paul, shouldn't we believe Ralph too?

If not, exactly why not? :-s

polonius
Prodigy

What happened to the other Jesus?

Post #21

Post by polonius »

(quote) It all depends on what Ralph preaches.. And anyway i do not need to know who is inspiring Ralph.. I have Gods Word revealed in the Holy Bible.. So i have all i need to know.. Ralph might be able to sprinkle a little sugar on top but Ralph is n
ot going to be able to change the fundamental teachings of the Gospel. (/quote)

RESPONSE: Which of these is God's Word revealed in the Bible?

Gospel of Matthew
1* In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus* that the whole world should be enrolled. 2This was the first enrollment, when Quirinius was governor of Syria. he Visit of the Magi.* 1When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod,* behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,
Note: This would have to be not later than 4 BC when Herod died.
We’ll call this Jesus Number 1.

Gospel of Luke
1* In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus* that the whole world should be enrolled. 2This was the first enrollment, when Quirinius was governor of Syria.
While they were there, the time came for her to have her child, 7and she gave birth to her firstborn son.* She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.c
Note: This was the 6 A.D. Roman census of Judea.
We’ll call this Jesus #2 born 10 years after Jesus#1

polonius
Prodigy

Re: What happened to the other Jesus?

Post #22

Post by polonius »

polonius wrote: (quote) It all depends on what Ralph preaches.. And anyway i do not need to know who is inspiring Ralph.. I have Gods Word revealed in the Holy Bible.. So i have all i need to know.. Ralph might be able to sprinkle a little sugar on top but Ralph is n

Gospel of Matthew
1* In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus* that the whole world should be enrolled. 2This was the first enrollment, when Quirinius was governor of Syria. he Visit of the Magi.* 1When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod,* behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,

Gospel of Luke
1* In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus* that the whole world should be enrolled. 2This was the first enrollment, when Quirinius was governor of Syria.
While they were there, the time came for her to have her child, 7and she gave birth to her firstborn son.* She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.c
NOTE: Obviously one of the two Jesus survived! ;)

polonius
Prodigy

Post #23

Post by polonius »

polonius wrote:
polonius wrote: (quote) It all depends on what Ralph preaches.. And anyway i do not need to know who is inspiring Ralph.. I have Gods Word revealed in the Holy Bible.. So i have all i need to know.. Ralph might be able to sprinkle a little sugar on top but Ralph is n

Gospel of Matthew

Gospel of Luke
NOTE: Obviously one of the two Jesus' survived! ;)

Red Wolf
Apprentice

Re: Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Post #24

Post by Red Wolf »

onewithhim wrote:
Red Wolf wrote: [Replying to post 10 by Menotu]

Good point...Jesus never fulfilled any of the Messianic Scriptures of the Hebrew Scriptures....
I just showed how he DID.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

Did Jesus do this? NO!

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Did Jesus do this? NO!

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Has Jesus made this happen? NO!

And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Has Jesus gathered the Twelve tribes of Israel? NO!

And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Is Jesus sitting on the throne in the tabernacle of David? NO!

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely:

Is Jesus a King executing justice in the earth? Are Judah and Israel dwelling in safety? NO!

I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day. In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour.

Has iniquity been removed? Is every man a neighbor? NO!

Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Did Jesus build the Temple and sit upon his throne? NO!

But the humble will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
For the arms of the wicked will be broken,
But the Lord sustains the righteous.
The Lord knows the days of the blameless,
And their inheritance will be forever.
They will not be ashamed in the time of evil,
And in the days of famine they will have abundance.
But the wicked will perish;
And the enemies of the Lord will be like the glory of the pastures,
They vanish—like smoke they vanish away.

Has this happened? NO!

“Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,� declares the Lord.’�

Has this happened? NO!

And many peoples will come and say,
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
That He may teach us concerning His ways
And that we may walk in His paths.�
For the law will go forth from Zion
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Has this happened? NO!

They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,� declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.�

Has this happened? NO!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #25

Post by onewithhim »

Red Wolf wrote:
onewithhim wrote:
Red Wolf wrote: [Replying to post 10 by Menotu]

Good point...Jesus never fulfilled any of the Messianic Scriptures of the Hebrew Scriptures....
I just showed how he DID.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.

Did Jesus do this? NO!

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Did Jesus do this? NO!

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Has Jesus made this happen? NO!

And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Has Jesus gathered the Twelve tribes of Israel? NO!

And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Is Jesus sitting on the throne in the tabernacle of David? NO!

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely:

Is Jesus a King executing justice in the earth? Are Judah and Israel dwelling in safety? NO!

I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day. In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour.

Has iniquity been removed? Is every man a neighbor? NO!

Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Did Jesus build the Temple and sit upon his throne? NO!

But the humble will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
For the arms of the wicked will be broken,
But the Lord sustains the righteous.
The Lord knows the days of the blameless,
And their inheritance will be forever.
They will not be ashamed in the time of evil,
And in the days of famine they will have abundance.
But the wicked will perish;
And the enemies of the Lord will be like the glory of the pastures,
They vanish—like smoke they vanish away.

Has this happened? NO!

“Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people. I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it,� declares the Lord.’�

Has this happened? NO!

And many peoples will come and say,
“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
That He may teach us concerning His ways
And that we may walk in His paths.�
For the law will go forth from Zion
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Has this happened? NO!

They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,� declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.�

Has this happened? NO!
Did you read the part of my post where I said that Jesus will return to obliterate the wicked and set up a righteous new system of government---which will fulfill all the Scriptures that you quoted above? The thief that was impaled beside him spoke to him about the time in the future when Jesus would "come into His Kingdom." Apparently he had the understanding that Jesus would fulfill the Kingdom promises sometime in the future. Jesus indicated, before he was killed, that a long time would pass before he would reign in his Kingdom. I said these things previously, but apparently you just choose to make harsh statements about Jesus without any discussion.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #26

Post by Adstar »

polonius wrote:
Adstar wrote:
polonius wrote: Galatians 1.(Paul)

"11 Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin. 12For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

My friend Ralph, who fell off his bicycle and hit his head on the way to Damascus (Oregon), makes the same claim.

He says he has divine knowledge with he gets straight from Jesus Christ.

If we believe Paul, shouldn't we believe Ralph too?

If not, exactly why not? :-s
It all depends on what Ralph preaches.. And anyway i do not need to know who is inspiring Ralph.. I have Gods Word revealed in the Holy Bible.. So i have all i need to know.. Ralph might be able to sprinkle a little sugar on top but Ralph is n
ot going to be able to change the fundamental teachings of the Gospel..

REPLY: Really? Did God tell you in a vision like Paul's or did you just hear the claim from somebody?
I have read the entire Bible and i believe it to be the Word of God.. So i use it to judge if someone is inspired by the Holy Spirit or not..

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #27

Post by Adstar »

Gospel of Matthew

Gospel of Luke
There is nothing wrong with the Scriptures.. There is something wrong with historical accounts that lead people to believe there is a problem with scripture...

onewithhim
Savant

Post #28

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 27 by Adstar]

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the Scriptures as they were originally written. It is the corrupted manuscripts that are misleading and confusing. We can get a pretty good idea of what has been twisted, changed, added to, etc., by examining the earliest manuscripts available. Many Bible versions now are way ahead of, say, the KJV, because earlier manuscripts are available now that were not available in 1611.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #29

Post by brianbbs67 »

This is easy but will take a little time to verify Ralph.

Anyone claiming to be a prophet of God must pass the test in Deut. 13.

They are never wrong and never break the law of God or teach to do so. If they do , even one time they are false.

polonius
Prodigy

Post #30

Post by polonius »

[quote="onewithhim"]
[Replying to post 27 by Adstar]

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the Scriptures as they were originally written. It is the corrupted manuscripts that are misleading and confusing. We can get a pretty good idea of what has been twisted, changed, added to, etc., by examining the earliest manuscripts available. Many Bible versions now are way ahead of, say, the KJV, because earlier manuscripts are available now that were not available in 1611.

RESPONSE:

Do you believe that Matthew's dating Jesus birth to be in the time of Herod (before 4 BC) and Luke dating Jesus birth to the 6AD Roman census are really the same, or is one date (or both) in error? :-s