Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Galatians 1.(Paul)

"11 Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin. 12For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

My friend Ralph, who fell off his bicycle and hit his head on the way to Damascus (Oregon), makes the same claim.

He says he has divine knowledge with he gets straight from Jesus Christ.

If we believe Paul, shouldn't we believe Ralph too?

If not, exactly why not? :-s

Charles
Apprentice

Re: Does Ralph receive divine knowledge from Christ?

Post #41

Post by Charles »

Checkpoint wrote:
How, and/or where, does the Holy Spirit attest to Paul?
To me:

Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

To eat is the common metaphor for listening to His message. I heard His knock, He came to me and He has taught me. I did not say He attests to everyone.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #42

Post by onewithhim »

Charles wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
How, and/or where, does the Holy Spirit attest to Paul?
To me:

Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

To eat is the common metaphor for listening to His message. I heard His knock, He came to me and He has taught me. I did not say He attests to everyone.
I don't know how this shows that the Holy Spirit made a statement on "his" own. I think that is what was being addressed here. The Father speaks, the Son speaks, but where does the H.S. say anything as an individual?

I might be wrong, but to me that is the only important point that can be gleaned from any discussion of the H.S. not backing Paul.

thomasdixon
Apprentice

Post #43

Post by thomasdixon »

My bet is the Russians are waiting for the 2024 elections. The Russians played a big part in getting Trump elected and they will do whatever they can to get Trump back in office. Trump in infatuated with Putin and will not interfere in Putin’s expansionist ideas. 8-)

Miles
Savant

Post #44

Post by Miles »

thomasdixon wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:56 am My bet is the Russians are waiting for the 2024 elections. The Russians played a big part in getting Trump elected and they will do whatever they can to get Trump back in office. Trump in infatuated with Putin and will not interfere in Putin’s expansionist ideas. 8-)
Putin knows what a dolt Trump is, and because Trump would like nothing better than to be Emperor of the United States, Putin plays up to Trump's daydream and delights in exploiting it. What bothers me is how many Americans fail to see this and fall for Trump's ego-driven, bombastic buffoonery, particulary when they have nothing to gain from it. Of course, considering that half the population has an IQ below average, this isn't at all surprising.

"Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years,"*...... Average per year: 7,643

..Biden's false or misleading claims total 0 over 1 year. .....................Average per year: 0

..................................................The....BUFFOON.................VS............. BIDEN

Not really a choice, is there. ;)

* source