Savant

YHWH

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Y - the hand
H - reveals
W - the nail
H - reveals

How is anyone that believes YHWH is God able to negate the evidence above that YHWH is Jesus?

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/je ... -is-yahweh

YHWH is the name above all names correct?

Philippians 2:9-11 says — Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Anyone want to directly confront both pieces of evidence?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: YHWH

Post #121

Post by PinSeeker »

tigger 2 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:01 pm Heb. 1:8 is far from a trinity proof!
Well that's not the discussion, here, really. The discussion is whether Jesus is God or not. And He most assuredly is. In Hebrews 1:8-9, the writer is directly quoting from a Psalm (45:6-7) which extols the Davidic king, and only Jesus, as the Davidic Messiah -- the annointed One -- truly meets this description, since by reigning at the Father's right hand (Hebrews 1:3, 13) He possesses an eternal kingdom forever and ever and reigns in true righteousness (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26-28). The messianic Son is rightfully also called God, in this case by God the Father in Psalm 45:6 and thus Hebrews 1:8 -- as in John 1:1, 18... John 20:28... Romans 9:5... Titus 2:13... and 2 Peter 1:1.

To your statement, though, Hebrews 1:8 absolutely does indicate that God is at least a duality.

Grace and peace to you, Tigger2.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #122

Post by onewithhim »

Jehovah is the Supreme Being, above everyone including Jesus Christ. He is the One who brought Jesus into existence, and the One who taught Jesus everything Jesus knows. Jehovah is the One who instructed Jesus about what to do and what to say. Jehovah anointed Jesus to be the future King of this planet, ousting all human governments. Jehovah is our loving Father and the Designer of everything good that has happened to mankind and that which is still to happen.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #123

Post by onewithhim »

Am I right that it is plain to see that Jehovah and Jesus are two different persons? It is evident in Psalm 110:

"The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [Jesus] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.' The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: 'Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.'" (Psalm 110:1,2; NWT, Young's Literal Translation, American Standard)

Then at Isaiah 61 we see two separate Persons again:

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me [Jesus], for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell the good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening of the eyes even to the prisoners..." (Isaiah 61:1)

Of course there are hundreds of other examples of the Scriptures showing us the difference between Jehovah and Jesus, but even just these two suffice to show us that Jehovah is not Jesus. Does anyone agree?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #124

Post by onewithhim »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:25 pm Am I right that it is plain to see that Jehovah and Jesus are two different persons? It is evident in Psalm 110:

"The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [Jesus] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.' The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: 'Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.'" (Psalm 110:1,2; NWT, Young's Literal Translation, American Standard)

Then at Isaiah 61 we see two separate Persons again:

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me [Jesus], for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell the good news to the meek ones. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening of the eyes even to the prisoners..." (Isaiah 61:1)

Of course there are hundreds of other examples of the Scriptures showing us the difference between Jehovah and Jesus, but even just these two suffice to show us that Jehovah is not Jesus. Does anyone agree?

How does this fail to show that Jesus and Jehovah are two distinct individuals?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #125

Post by onewithhim »

"The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.' The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: 'God subduing in the midst of your enemies.'" (Psalm 110:1,2)

I don't think Jehovah was talking to Himself, do you?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #126

Post by onewithhim »

What do you think of Jehovah's close attention to each one of us?

"For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name." (Hebrews 6:10)

"Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you." (James 4:8)

("...You, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth." Psalm 83:18. His name has to be considered, wouldn't you say?)

Wootah
Savant

Post #127

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #126]

And the relation to topic is?

What is your thoughts on the topic?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Wootah
Savant

Post #128

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 am "The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.' The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: 'God subduing in the midst of your enemies.'" (Psalm 110:1,2)

Would King David have any other Lord than YHWH? Think about what King David would have known. He believed the Shema.

tam
Savant

Post #129

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Wootah wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:44 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:42 am "The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.' The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: 'God subduing in the midst of your enemies.'" (Psalm 110:1,2)

Would King David have any other Lord than YHWH? Think about what King David would have known. He believed the Shema.
A - I do not see where you answered the question. Was God (JAH) talking to Himself?

B - The trinity is what violates the shema. JAH is ONE God. He is not three in one. He is ONE God. Other nations had multiple 'godheads' - the nation of Israel was not to be like that, their God was ONE God.

C - David did not have a lord 'other than' God... IF by 'other than' you mean 'instead of'. But David did have another Lord: Christ Jaheshua.

Like how Pharaoh was king over all Egypt, but Pharaoh placed Joseph in charge (all authority) over all of his kingdom (except over Pharaoah himself of course). Just as God has given Christ all authority (except of course over God, Himself).

One Lord - Christ (Jaheshua)
One God - Jah

As also Paul said,

"...yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, [Jesus] Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist."

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Wootah
Savant

Post #130

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to tam in post #129]

Of course, God is not talking to himself. I didn't answer what was obviously a rhetorical question.

You are jumping ahead of yourself when discussing the Trinity or the New Testament. Why would King David have any other lord than YHWH?

From the Bible - what evidence do you have that David knew about Jesus?