Savant

YHWH

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Y - the hand
H - reveals
W - the nail
H - reveals

How is anyone that believes YHWH is God able to negate the evidence above that YHWH is Jesus?

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/je ... -is-yahweh

YHWH is the name above all names correct?

Philippians 2:9-11 says — Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Anyone want to directly confront both pieces of evidence?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Post #41

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 35 by onewithhim]

You do just realize that you have just agreed with me?
You have argued one way for a bizarre interpretation, then retreated to the obvious one, without missing a beat.
Which just leaves my original and second observations, unanswered.
I have not agreed with you. I am diametrically opposed to what you have presented. And I have answered your questions.

Willum
Savant

Post #42

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 41 by onewithhim]

Were that true, you would have answered the questions from the post after this one:
[This one]
Were you to do that, the inconsistencies about what you said would be apparent.
Here, this is the one.

[Replying to post 38 by Willum]

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 37 by onewithhim]

No, ma'am, you clearly have become confused between your position on the verses, what the verses say and language.

I can emphasize this by asking you the question, what happened to Jesus before, during and just after the "gave up the ghost," on the cross?

What happened to his body?
What happened to what was not his body? - his spirit, power, whatever you wish to call it.
What do you mean "what happened to Jesus before and during his 'giving up the ghost'?"
AFTER he "gave up the ghost," we know that his body was taken and buried in a man's unused tomb. His "spirit" was merely the power from God that kept him alive for 33 years. God's Holy Spirit. When he died, the Holy Spirit that kept him alive went back to God, as it were, because God is the Source of life.

The Bible does not say what happened to Jesus' fleshly body after he was resurrected in the spirit (he went back to the kind of spirit body he had before he came to the earth). I Corinthians 15:45; I Peter 3:18.

How am I "confused"?

Willum
Savant

Post #44

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 43 by onewithhim]

So your opinion is that Jesus was no different then you or I?
Then so what?
OK.

That doesn't even have anything to do with the topic then,

onewithhim
Savant

Post #45

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 43 by onewithhim]

So your opinion is that Jesus was no different then you or I?
Then so what?
OK.

That doesn't even have anything to do with the topic then,
Please explain why you think I am of the opinion that Jesus was no different than you or I. That is not true.

Willum
Savant

Post #46

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 45 by onewithhim]

As with the previous conversation, I am only reading your own words and deconflating them.

You made no interesting claims about Jesus, those that you would claim for any Christians, for example.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #47

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 45 by onewithhim]

As with the previous conversation, I am only reading your own words and deconflating them.

You made no interesting claims about Jesus, those that you would claim for any Christians, for example.
I asked you to be specific, please.

Willum
Savant

Post #48

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 47 by onewithhim]

You said:
AFTER he "gave up the ghost," we know that his body was taken and buried in a man's unused tomb. His "spirit" was merely the power from God that kept him alive for 33 years. God's Holy Spirit. When he died, the Holy Spirit that kept him alive went back to God, as it were, because God is the Source of life.

The Bible does not say what happened to Jesus' fleshly body after he was resurrected in the spirit (he went back to the kind of spirit body he had before he came to the earth). I Corinthians 15:45; I Peter 3:18.
And this is what is supposed to happen to everyone who believeth in him.

How is Jesus' experience different from another saved person?

When you tell me that, we'll go back to your original statement and finally reach a conclusion.

Willum
Savant

Post #49

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 47 by onewithhim]

PS - Without, I might add, you having refuted mine with anything stronger than sarcasm.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #50

Post by onewithhim »

Willum wrote: [Replying to post 47 by onewithhim]

You said:

And this is what is supposed to happen to everyone who believeth in him.
No, Jesus' experience is NOT what happens to everyone that believes in him. The vast majority of mankind are not raised to life in spirit bodies, but just "go to sleep" in death in their graves. They await the second resurrection, when billions of people will be brought back to life. (John 5:28; John 6:40,44) Jesus is unique, and his experiences were unique.