Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Jehovah of the OT, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Jehovah of the Old Testament, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament

There are some today who do not understand or accept that Jehovah of the Old Testament is in fact Jesus Christ of the New Testament. My observation is that He is in very deed the great Jehovah, who was and is King of kings and Lord of lords, even the very Messiah, our lord and redeemer, the Holy One of Israel and the the author of our resurrection and the only name whereby man can be saved. This is my “take� on this topic. I welcome all would care to debate and provide your evidence to support contrary or opposing views. The following scriptures are presented as evidence supporting my “take� on the above subject:

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:"

Isaiah 43:11 “I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour�

Isaiah 9:6-7 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 25:8-9 “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation

Isaiah 26:19 “Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.�

Matthew 27:52-53 “And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Acts 4:10-12 “Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Exodus 3:14 God calls himself “I AM� “3 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.�

John 8:54-58 (Before Abraham was “I AM�. 54 “Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was,
I AM
.�

Exodus 6:3 “And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.�

Deuteronomy 32:2-4 “My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

3Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.�

1Corinthians 10:1-4 “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.�

Hebrews 5:8-9 “Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
�

Psalms 118:22-24 “The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.�

Acts 4:10-12 “Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.�

John 10:1-11 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Ephesians 2:18-20 “For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Hebrews 1:1-4 “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.�

Hebrews 2:8-11 “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.�

John 1:1-5 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.�

Colossians 2:8-14 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;�

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Re: Jehovah of the OT, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament

Post #181

Post by PinSeeker »

Going to copy and paste this, Tammy, because you replied to my comment above before I could get this edit in:

I only brought up the Reformers' five Solas, which are solidly based in Scripture, as I demonstrated -- in response to your assertion that you listen Christ and your insinuation that I do not.

And let me ask you this -- really a rhetorical question, or a series of rhetorical questions, but still. Food for thought, maybe. Now, I'm... quite sure you will come up with something in response, but this concerns what I have said regarding what Jesus said in John 14, and that He clearly refers to the Holy Spirit as a Person Who also, as He Himself does, proceeds (again, a very important concept to understand properly) from the Father.

But hey, let's just say -- just for the purpose of making a point -- that you're right, that the Spirit is not a Person, that Jesus really did say that "it" is just a spirit that He gives us, that we then have inside us, a new mindset, a new state of being, a new temperament, a new... whatever. Jesus does refer to this "spirit" as "another helper," right? He gives "it" a name.
  • ASIDE: By the way, God gave Adam a helper in Eden, an her name was Eve, and she was an actual person. I have a helper, my wife, and her name is... well, she has a name, and she is an actual person.
Anyway, so if it is just a spirit that the Father gives us at some point, is this "helper" ourselves? Like are we our own helper? Or, in reference to you, is your helper yourself? Are you the one that Jesus said would bring to your remembrance all that He has said? So then, logically, should you praise yourself -- or at least pat yourself on the back -- for the help you have given and/or are giving yourself?

I mean, I can anticipate what you will say; you don't have to bother unless you just want to. It is, though, a head-scratcher.

Grace and peace to you.
Last edited by PinSeeker on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #182

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:30 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:28 pm So the Word did not exist from the beginning -- as the Bible states?
Good question! That's exactly the effect of what you are postulating. The Word and Jesus are not two different entities, myth-one. That's... a myth.

Grace and peace to you.
The Word is an immortal spiritual bodied being.

Jesus Christ was a mortal physical, flesh and blood being.

Jesus could do things which the Word cannot do.

The Word could do things which Jesus could not do.

How can they be the same and different?

And if they are the same, why couldn't the Word do what Jesus did?

Why was Jesus required?

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #183

Post by PinSeeker »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm The Word is an immortal spiritual bodied being.
Sure! Absolutely.
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm Jesus Christ was a mortal physical, flesh and blood being.
Well, He was and is and always will be. As I have said -- quoted, actually, Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8) Like I've been saying to Tam about a couple of different other things, it's a both/and thing, not an either/or. There are many things in the Bible that have that quality, and this is certainly one of them.
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm Jesus could do things which the Word cannot do. The Word could do things which Jesus could not do.
Hmmm... I don't necessarily disagree with either of these statements, really, but maybe not in the sense in which you mean them, whatever that is. Why don't you provide examples of each, compare and contrast. That might be worth pursuing.
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm How can they be the same and different?
Well, answer the above, and maybe we can at least somewhat get on the same page.
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm And if they are the same, why couldn't the Word do what Jesus did?
Well, why can what you say not do the same things you can physically do?
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm Why was Jesus required?
Only God was capable of reconciling sinful man to Himself. And He did so in the Person of Jesus Christ. I would hope we're on the same page there, at least.

Grace and peace to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #184

Post by onewithhim »

How do we leave groundless arguments aside and focus on two scriptures that show positively that Jesus and YHWH are two different Beings?

"The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord [the Messiah] is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.'" (Psalm 110:1, NWT; Young's Literal Translation; American Standard Bible)

"The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me [the Messiah], for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell the good news to the meek ones." (Isaiah 61:1, NWT; Young's Literal Translation; American Standard Bible)

In the NT Jesus applied these scriptures to himself.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #185

Post by PinSeeker »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:50 am How do we leave groundless arguments aside and focus on two scriptures that show positively that Jesus and YHWH are two different Beings?
Because, simply, the arguments are not "groundless" by any stretch of the imagination (although I do understand how one can form that opinion, and I respect it), and the two passages you point out do not do what you assert (although I do understand how one can form that opinion, and I respect it, also). In answer to the two passages you point out, the passage I would point out in response is Jesus statement in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one" (ESV, NASB, NWT, more).

It is quite interesting that God's inerrant, infallible word is such that two people can see very different things when looking at the same passage(s). Who should take the blame for that? Should it be Creator, or the creature? I'm sure that all we who believe would readily agree that God is not a deceiver.

Grace and peace to all.

William
Savant

Post #186

Post by William »

PinSeeker wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:57 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:50 am How do we leave groundless arguments aside and focus on two scriptures that show positively that Jesus and YHWH are two different Beings?
Because, simply, the arguments are not "groundless" by any stretch of the imagination (although I do understand how one can form that opinion, and I respect it), and the two passages you point out do not do what you assert (although I do understand how one can form that opinion, and I respect it, also). In answer to the two passages you point out, the passage I would point out in response is Jesus statement in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one" (ESV, NASB, NWT, more).

It is quite interesting that God's inerrant, infallible word is such that two people can see very different things when looking at the same passage(s). Who should take the blame for that? Should it be Creator, or the creature? I'm sure that all we who believe would readily agree that God is not a deceiver.

Grace and peace to all.
That only leaves one option - the ones reading scripture are the deceivers/deceived… and since this is the case, no interpretations can be trusted as truth.

Which in turn allows one to see that truth cannot be found in interpreting scripture - so must be sourced elsewhere...

But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

Not to do so only increases the likelihood of getting into and endless loop and going relatively nowhere.

aka "Ouroboros"

tam
Savant

Post #187

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm Going to copy and paste this, Tammy, because you replied to my comment above before I could get this edit in:

I only brought up the Reformers' five Solas, which are solidly based in Scripture, as I demonstrated -- in response to your assertion that you listen Christ and your insinuation that I do not.
The first one is flawed. If you want to discuss it further, perhaps another thread should be started. Besides, you already acknowledged that there are scribal (and translation) errors, and you acknowledged that holy spirit (in John 14) could be translated with 'which' or 'it' or 'that', and that was my point.
And let me ask you this -- really a rhetorical question, or a series of rhetorical questions, but still. Food for thought, maybe. Now, I'm... quite sure you will come up with something in response,

"Come up with" as if I need to scramble to come up with an explanation? That is not the case here, Pinseeker. I understand what holy spirit is (not on my own, on my own I had no clue, but I understand only because my Lord has shown me, taught me, helped me to understand).
but this concerns what I have said regarding what Jesus said in John 14, and that He clearly refers to the Holy Spirit as a Person Who also, as He Himself does, proceeds (again, a very important concept to understand properly) from the Father.
Erring pen of the scribes - Jeremiah (8:8)
Woe to you scribes - Christ (Matt 23:13)

As stated already, the scribes personified holy spirit wherever they saw it, not because that is what the text required, but because of the traditional belief in the trinity. That is a bias.
But hey, let's just say -- just for the purpose of making a point -- that you're right, that the Spirit is not a Person, that Jesus really did say that "it" is just a spirit that He gives us,
I never claimed that Christ (Jaheshua) said it is "just" a spirit. "Just" as if that is diminishing the holy spirit - which is the breath/blood/seed of JAH. It is also the water (of life) that Christ gives us, the (holy) spirit that He gives us to anoint us and make us sons (seed), that Christ breathed onto the apostles (breath), that God breathed into Adam (making Adam a living being and a son), and that Christ poured out for us (He did not pour out just His physical blood, but also holy spirit, which He received from His Father without end).

that we then have inside us, a new mindset, a new state of being, a new temperament, a new... whatever.

What we then have within us is holy spirit, the anointing that we receive from Christ (who chooses and anoints us), making us sons (of God), making us Christians (anointed ones). It is the breath/blood/seed of JAH.
Jesus does refer to this "spirit" as "another helper," right? He gives "it" a name.
"Another helper" is not a name. "Another helper" is a description.

Christ did not give holy spirit a name.

Christ has a name: Jaheshua.
His Father has a name: JAH(veh)
But holy spirit does not have a name, because holy spirit is the breath/blood/seed of JAH, the water of Life (which Christ pours out to whomever He chooses).

• ASIDE: By the way, God gave Adam a helper in Eden, an her name was Eve, and she was an actual person. I have a helper, my wife, and her name is... well, she has a name, and she is an actual person.
Yes, Eve was given to Adam as a helpmate in the Garden, but 'helper/helpmate' is not her name. Eve is her name. Same goes with your wife.
Anyway, so if it is just a spirit that the Father gives us at some point, is this "helper" ourselves?
Again... there is no 'just'.

It is the breath/blood/seed of JAH.

You remember that the blood of Abel cried out to God from the ground, right? Also that the outcry of Sodom and Gomorrah was so great it came up to God (some might assume that was just the outcry of living people, and it can includes them, but it was also the blood of those who had been slain.)

You have come to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to [Jesus] the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. Hebrews 12:23, 24

“What have you done?” replied JAHVEH. “The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground. Genesis 4:10

The blood SPEAKS. God can hear the blood (our blood), crying out to Him. If our blood can speak, how much more so do you think His blood (holy spirit) can speak? His holy spirit (breath, blood, seed) given to us, within us? So that it can remind us of something Christ has taught us; 'protest' within us when something is false; bear witness within us when something is true.

How do you think He (and His Son) are in us? He and His Son are in us by means of holy spirit (the breath/blood/seed of JAH) being in us. Which does indeed proceed from the Father through the Son. Because the Son received the spirit without end from His Father, and gives that spirit (that water of life) to whomever He chooses, making us sons, making us anointed ones (christians).

Like are we our own helper? Or, in reference to you, is your helper yourself? Are you the one that Jesus said would bring to your remembrance all that He has said? So then, logically, should you praise yourself -- or at least pat yourself on the back -- for the help you have given and/or are giving yourself?
Of course not. Hopefully the above will at least give you a sense of this truth.
I mean, I can anticipate what you will say; you don't have to bother unless you just want to. It is, though, a head-scratcher.
I'm curious what you thought I would say, but that is okay.

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, so as to get a sense of these things from THE Truth (Jaheshua, the Chosen and Holy One of God). May you also hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the Bride say to you, "Come!" May anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

(which water is holy spirit, poured out from Christ to whomever He chooses, and given to Him without end by His Father).

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #188

Post by PinSeeker »

William wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm That only leaves one option - the ones reading scripture are the deceivers/deceived…
Agreed.
William wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm ...since this is the case, no interpretations can be trusted as truth.
Not agreed. By your reasoning, all that you are telling me cannot be trusted or accepted and must be disregarded, too.

Grace and peace to you.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #189

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm The Word is an immortal spiritual bodied being.
PinSeeker wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:36 amSure! Absolutely.
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm Jesus could do things which the Word cannot do. The Word could do things which Jesus could not do.
PinSeeker wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:36 amHmmm... I don't necessarily disagree with either of these statements, really, but maybe not in the sense in which you mean them, whatever that is. Why don't you provide examples of each, compare and contrast. That might be worth pursuing.
Okay. For example:

The Word can not die -- being immortal.

Jesus could die -- being a mortal man.

In fact, that is why the Word was made flesh as the man Jesus, for the purpose of dying:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us... (John 1:14)

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. (Hebrews 2:9)

The Word could not taste death for every man because the Word is immortal and cannot die.

Thus Jesus was created as a man, for the suffering of death.

So that brings up the next question.
myth-one.com wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm How can they be the same and different?
Thanks in advance.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #190

Post by PinSeeker »

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm
PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm I only brought up the Reformers' five Solas, which are solidly based in Scripture, as I demonstrated -- in response to your assertion that you listen Christ and your insinuation that I do not.
The first one is flawed.
In your opinion. Yes, you have made your opinion very clear.
tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm If you want to discuss it further, perhaps another thread should be started.
Okay, go to it.
tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm Besides, you already acknowledged that there are scribal (and translation) errors...
Ah, well, I think we need to define what you and I mean by scribal errors," at the least. It seems we would mean different things by that.
tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm ...and you acknowledged that holy spirit (in John 14) could be translated with 'which' or 'it' or 'that', and that was my point.
Right, and really, I'm saying there is no difference -- in the context of John 14 -- between which/it/that and who/He/Him. I understand perfectly that you see a distinction there, and I -- and a great many before me, and I'm sure a great many to come, also) say there is none. So I say your "point" fails. But, you will say the same of mine. So be it.
PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm And let me ask you this -- really a rhetorical question, or a series of rhetorical questions, but still. Food for thought, maybe. Now, I'm... quite sure you will come up with something in response,

"Come up with" as if I need to scramble to come up with an explanation?
LOL! No, I just meant I'm sure you will have a response. And... I was right. :)
tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm I understand what holy spirit is (not on my own, on my own I had no clue, but I understand only because my Lord has shown me, taught me, helped me to understand).
And I -- with all due respect -- would say that, because you deny the existence of the Holy Spirit and that He is your Helper (or would be, anyway), that tells me that you are not discerning correctly.

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm ...but this concerns what I have said regarding what Jesus said in John 14, and that He clearly refers to the Holy Spirit as a Person Who also, as He Himself does, proceeds (again, a very important concept to understand properly) from the Father.
Erring pen of the scribes - Jeremiah (8:8)
Woe to you scribes - Christ (Matt 23:13)
As stated already, the scribes personified holy spirit wherever they saw it, not because that is what the text required, but because of the traditional belief in the trinity. That is a bias.
Again, taking Scripture totally out of its context. Moving on.

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm But hey, let's just say -- just for the purpose of making a point -- that you're right, that the Spirit is not a Person, that Jesus really did say that "it" is just a spirit that He gives us,
I never claimed that Christ (Jaheshua) said it is "just" a spirit.
Right, but that is indeed what you are saying in effect. Ergo, my comment here. Now, maybe it's not what you really mean, but it is in fact what you in effect are saying.

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm "Just" as if that is diminishing the holy spirit - which is the breath/blood/seed of JAH. It is also the water (of life) that Christ gives us, the (holy) spirit that He gives us to anoint us and make us sons (seed), that Christ breathed onto the apostles (breath), that God breathed into Adam (making Adam a living being and a son), and that Christ poured out for us (He did not pour out just His physical blood, but also holy spirit...
Agreed, here...

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm ...which He received from His Father without end).
... but not here. The Holy Spirit was present and at work at everywhere and at all times with Jesus, for sure. But Jesus did not, does not, and never will need the Spirit to be at work in Him, because He (along with the Father and the Holy Spirit) is God.

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm ...that we then have inside us, a new mindset, a new state of being, a new temperament, a new... whatever.

What we then have within us is holy spirit, the anointing that we receive from Christ (who chooses and anoints us), making us sons (of God), making us Christians (anointed ones). It is the breath/blood/seed of JAH.
The Greek word translated in John 14:16 as “Helper” is παράκλητος (parakletos). It has a legal dimension; it refers to one who would be an advocate, one who pleads another's cause. In its wider context, it speaks of comfort, of protection, of counsel, and of guidance. Some translations do in fact say "Comforter," which as acceptable, and "Protector," "Counselor," and "Guider" or "Guidance Counselor" are also acceptable), although not as all-encompassing as "Helper." At any rate, to deny the personhood of the Holy Spirit is to be in grievous error.

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm Yes, Eve was given to Adam as a helpmate in the Garden, but 'helper/helpmate' is not her name.
LOL! I said nothing of the sort.

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm Anyway, so if it is just a spirit that the Father gives us at some point, is this "helper" ourselves?
Again... there is no 'just'.
Tammy. Tammy, Tammy, Tammy. I agree. But that's essentially what you are saying.

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm The blood SPEAKS.
Um, I agree, but not, apparently, in the sense you are saying that.

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm God can hear the blood (our blood), crying out to Him. If our blood can speak, how much more so do you think His blood (holy spirit) can speak? His holy spirit (breath, blood, seed) given to us, within us? So that it can remind us of something Christ has taught us; 'protest' within us when something is false; bear witness within us when something is true.
This is just "spiritual" mumbo jumbo, in my opinion. Moving on.

tam wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:06 pm How do you think He (and His Son) are in us? He and His Son are in us by means of holy spirit (the breath/blood/seed of JAH) being in us. Which does indeed proceed from the Father through the Son.
Agreed. But the Holy Spirit is a distinct Person. It is He Who is our Helper, Advocate, Comforter, Counselor. It is He Whom we walk in, and are led by, as Paul says in Galatians 5. Yes, I know, you disagree.

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm Like are we our own helper? Or, in reference to you, is your helper yourself? Are you the one that Jesus said would bring to your remembrance all that He has said? So then, logically, should you praise yourself -- or at least pat yourself on the back -- for the help you have given and/or are giving yourself?
Of course not.
But that's the effect of what you are saying.

PinSeeker wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm I mean, I can anticipate what you will say; you don't have to bother unless you just want to. It is, though, a head-scratcher.
I'm curious what you thought I would say, but that is okay.
You said pretty much what I thought you would say. :)

Grace and peace to you, Tammy.