Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Jehovah of the OT, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Jehovah of the Old Testament, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament

There are some today who do not understand or accept that Jehovah of the Old Testament is in fact Jesus Christ of the New Testament. My observation is that He is in very deed the great Jehovah, who was and is King of kings and Lord of lords, even the very Messiah, our lord and redeemer, the Holy One of Israel and the the author of our resurrection and the only name whereby man can be saved. This is my “take� on this topic. I welcome all would care to debate and provide your evidence to support contrary or opposing views. The following scriptures are presented as evidence supporting my “take� on the above subject:

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:"

Isaiah 43:11 “I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour�

Isaiah 9:6-7 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 25:8-9 “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation

Isaiah 26:19 “Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.�

Matthew 27:52-53 “And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Acts 4:10-12 “Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Exodus 3:14 God calls himself “I AM� “3 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.�

John 8:54-58 (Before Abraham was “I AM�. 54 “Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was,
I AM
.�

Exodus 6:3 “And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.�

Deuteronomy 32:2-4 “My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

3Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.�

1Corinthians 10:1-4 “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.�

Hebrews 5:8-9 “Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
�

Psalms 118:22-24 “The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.�

Acts 4:10-12 “Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.�

John 10:1-11 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Ephesians 2:18-20 “For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Hebrews 1:1-4 “God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.�

Hebrews 2:8-11 “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.�

John 1:1-5 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.�

Colossians 2:8-14 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;�

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jehovah of the OT, is Jesus Christ of the New Testament

Post #231

Post by onewithhim »

To all on-lookers......I have answered RW's comments more than once, so I see no reason to keep repeating myself. Hopefully you all can go back and glean some knowledge as to what has been being said.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #232

Dear Onewithhim,

Come now, have you really answered all my posted points, or have you just given your “private interpretations” and danced around what the scriptures teach?

Your big problem is that you fail to understand that Jehovah is not God the Father, for all things created were under the direction of the father by him.

Yes indeed Jehovah is the creator of this world.

Yes indeed Jesus Christ is the creator of this world and all things therein. Christ and Jehovah are indeed one and the same.

Yes indeed there is only one savior.

Yes indeed, Christ is the Holy one of Israel.

Yes indeed, as Isaiah clearly prophesied, Christ was he whom Isaiah prophesied “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Yes indeed, as prohesied, “Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Yes indeed Christ is he whom Isaiah prophesied:
Isaiah 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:"

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Yes indeed as Isaiah prophesied regarding Christ:
Isaiah 25:8-9 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Yes indeed, Christ is he who is clearly testified in Acts 4:

Acts 4:10-12 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Yes indeed as Christ so bore clear witness of his identity:

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Psalms 118:22-24 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Yes indeed Christ is the creator as so testified in the following:

Acts 2:2-4 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Yes indeed is was none other than Jesus Christ so testified in the following:

Colossians 2: 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Yes indeed there is only one Savior and Redeemer.

Yes indeed Christ is the very Immanuel or God with us.

Ys indeed Christ is indeed the Son of God the Father now having come in the flesh to redeem all who will choose to be saved and these is no other name under heaven by which man can be saved as the scriptures so testify.

Kind regards,
RW

Savant

Post #233

Post by 1213 »

Revelations won wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 am ...Christ and Jehovah are indeed one and the same. ...
If that is correct interpretation, why does Jesus say there is only one true God that is greater than him?

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

…the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

Also, if Jesus is really the one and only true God, on whose side he is sitting in Matt. 22:43-45?

He said to them, "How then does David in the Spirit call him Lord, saying, 'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand, Until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet?' "If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?"
Matt. 22:43-45

Is there some good reason not to believe what Jesus said?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #234

Dear 1213,

Thank you for your responses.

You said:

Post #233
Unread post
by 1213 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:53 am

Revelations won wrote: ↑
Sun May 09, 2021 8:15 am
...Christ and Jehovah are indeed one and the same. ...
If that is correct interpretation, why does Jesus say there is only one true God that is greater than him?

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

…the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

Also, if Jesus is really the one and only true God, on whose side he is sitting in Matt. 22:43-45?

My response: I do not recall having made the above claim. Please quote topic a post number to support your claim.

He said to them, "How then does David in the Spirit call him Lord, saying, 'The Lord said to my Lord, Sit on my right hand, Until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet?' "If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?"
Matt. 22:43-45

Is there some good reason not to believe what Jesus said?

My response,

There is no reason to not believe what Jesus said.

As I have previously posted handmade very clear, it is obvious that Jehovah was the “WORD” who created the world under the direction of the Father. and is the saviour of the world.

The great I AM has several names, and it is very clear that he was not known for many century’s by the name of Jehovah.

It is also very clear according to the scriptures that many century’s later that the “WORD” was also made flesh and was then known Jesus Christ and was also identified in many scriptures as clearly the creator of the world.

It is also very clear that Christ had glory with God his Father before he was born in the flesh.

It is also very clear that all power, was given him in both heaven and earth.

It is also very clear that he was also given the power of Judgement of all mankind.

It is also very clear that you 1213 and Onewithhim have the same private mistaken interpretation of the scriptures that Jehovah is God the Father.

If I understand correctly one or both of you two also have the same private interpretation that somehow you also believe that Michael the archangel is also Jesus Christ. I have not yet seen any proof from scripture to prove your position.
Perhaps you could provide evidence in support of your claims.

So 1213, I would love to see you scriptural evidence supporting your private interpretations.

Kind regards,
RW

Savant

Post #235

Post by 1213 »

Revelations won wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:32 pm ...There is no reason to not believe what Jesus said...
Nice, then I think everything is ok.
Revelations won wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:32 pm...
So 1213, I would love to see you scriptural evidence supporting your private interpretations...
I try to avoid private interpretations. I think it is best if people believe directly what is said in the Bible, let Bible explain what it means without my private interpretations.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #236

Onewithhim said:

“6) Yes, there are two names under heaven whereby we must be saved. .”

My response is: The fact is that you are clearly denying what is taught in the New Testament as quoted below in Acts 4:11-12.

Acts 4:11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. “

I have made it very clear that Jehovah (Christ) is the creator of the world under the direction of God the Father and is the Redeemer and Savior of the world.

I have two important questions for you.

1. Do you hereby declare Acts 4:11-12 to be false scripture?

2. If Jesus Christ had failed in his mission to accomplish the “Atonement” could there have been salvation and exaltation and any atonement for sins without Christ?

Revelations won
Sage

Post #237

Dear Onewithhim,

I find it interesting when you in reality deny the divinity of Jesus Christ in light of the following:

Psalm 27:1 (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Luke 2: 25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
[media]He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.[/media]

Revelation 21:And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Ephesians 5:
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Acts 2:
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Revelation 17:
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Acts 7:
But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Colossians1:
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Colossians 2:
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Hebrews 1:1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

When light and truth is presented , some utterly refuse the light and truth and comprehend it not. There are three who bear witness in heaven, namely God the Father, God the son and the God the Holy Ghost, which three constitute the Godhead in it's fulness.

Kind regards,
RW

Revelations won
Sage

Post #238

JW said:

1) Jesus was anointed by Jehovah:

My response:

The above is your private response and interpretation.

JW next said:

Psalm 2:1 Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?  2 The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.

My response:

The KJV actually says:

Psalms 2: The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

It appears that you ignore the KJV and choose to use your JW version of the Bible which may give direct conflict understanding as given in the KJV.

JW next said:

Acts 4:26 The kings of the earth took their stand and the rulers gathered together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one.’ 27 For truly both Herod and Pontius Pilate with men of the nations and with peoples of Israel were gathered together in this city against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed,

My response:

The KJV reads:
Acts 4:
And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

(Again, as shown above, you have used your JW version to contradict the KJV.)

JW next said:

2) Jesus was the prophet "Moses-like" that Jehovah had promised:

My response:

In reference to your item (2) above, your interpretation is also your JW private interpretation of Acts 4:24-26.

JW next said:

Deut.18:15 Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to him. 16 This is in response to what you asked of Jehovah your God in Horʹeb on the day of the assembly when you said, ‘Do not let me hear the voice of Jehovah my God or see this great fire anymore, so that I do not die.’ 17 Then Jehovah said to me, ‘What they have said is good. 18 I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him.

My response:

Again you are using the JW accepted translation of the Bible
Which reads differently from the KJV and many other translations. Agin your response is simply your man made interpretation of what the Lord gave to the prophet Moses. The KJV reads as follows:

Deuteronomy 18:
The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.
And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

JW next said:

Acts 3:18 But in this way God has fulfilled the things he announced beforehand through the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer. 19 “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself 20 and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus. 21 Heaven must hold this one within itself until the times of restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old. 22 In fact, Moses said: ‘Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to whatever he tells you.

My response:

Again you use your JW approved translation which adds words which give your JW spin. The KJV version reads diffrently as shown below:

Acts 3:
But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

My additional response:

In verse 20 and 21 above you ignore the fact that Christ will remain in heaven “ until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.”

When has Christ come to make restitution or restore all that is testified in verse 21?

If the JW’s have the answers to the above let’s hear it.

You next said:

3) Jehovah sat Jesus Christ at His right hand when He raised him:

My response:

Your above statement is clearly your private interpretation.

You next said:

Psalm 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.â€

My response:

Psalms:110:(A Psalm of David.) The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Again you use your JW version which changes the meaning of what David said in the KJV as shown above.

You next said:

Ephes.1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him. 18 He has enlightened the eyes of your heart, so that you may know to what hope he called you, what glorious riches he holds as an inheritance for the holy ones, 19 and how surpassing the greatness of his power is toward us believers. It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his strength, 20 which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come. 22 He also subjected all things under his feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills up all things in all.

My response:

The KJV reads as follows:

Ephesians 1:
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

JW next said:

4) Jehovah chose Jesus as High Priest in the manner of Melchizedek:

My response:

Your above response again is your private interpretation.

You next said:

Psalm 110:4 Jehovah has sworn an oath, and he will not change his mind: “You are a priest forever In the manner of Mel·chizʹe·dek!â€

My response:

The KJV reads differently as shown below:

Psalms 110:
The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

As I see it it appears that you somehow are claiming that your JW version of the Bible which you use is somehow superior and correct and all other scholars who translated the other versions of the Bible are wrong. Are the scholars use rely on possibly have an agenda that is colored to use wording that promotes the JW interpretations of scripture?

Kind regards,
RW

Revelations won
Sage

Post #239

Dear JW,

It is very clear from your posts that you clearly deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.

It is also very clear that you deny that there is only one name under heaven whereby man may be saved.

It is very clear that you deny that Jesus Christ is the “Holy one of Israel”.

It is also very clear that you claim that if Jesus Christ had failed in his mission as the redeemer of all mankind that you believe that we can be saved without the atonement of Jesus Christ.

It is also very clear that you deny that you deny that Jesus Christ stands at the right hand of (Eloheim) God the Father.

If as you claim, that Jesus Christ in not God the Son, then you appear to assert that mortals can alone for others sins.

I Find it pretty amazing that you claim that a mortal has the power to judge all mankind.

I find it pretty amazing that that as the scriptures declare that Christ has all power in heaven and earth that you claim he is not God the Son.

By your position you are actually admitting that mortals can receive al that the Father hath, for we may become heirs and joint heirs with Christ by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.

Kind regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #240

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:27 am Dear JW,

It is very clear from your posts that you clearly deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.

If that is what you have concluded let me correct you right now: I do not deny the divinity of Christ. I do not however, believe Christ at any time during his existence in any form has been (or will ever be) equal in power, position or age with YHWH the Father.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8