Hailstones in Revelation

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

2timothy316
Under Probation

Hailstones in Revelation

Post #1

Post by 2timothy316 »

"Then great hailstones, each about the weight of a talent, fell from heaven on the people, and the people blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, for the plague was unusually great." (Rev. 16:21)

What is this talking about? Is it literal? Is it symbolic? Even though people know the hailstones are falling from Heaven, why are they blaspheming God?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Re: Hailstones in Revelation

Post #21

Post by 2timothy316 »

woodtick wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 am [Replying to Revelations won in post #14]

Hailstones are just one of the vials solely meant for the Islamic beast and his followers.
Where did you learn this or how did you come to this conclusion?

woodtick
Student

Post #22

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #23

Post by 2timothy316 »

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #24

Post by 2timothy316 »

Tcg wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:43 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 1 by 2timothy316]

Timothy what are you asking, how many people are going to have to Google because they've never even heard of this verse?
I've recently learned that David Koresh had the Bible in its entirety committed to memory. Perhaps you have done the same. Does it weaken the argument others may present if they, like many mere mortals, have to refer to some documentation to verify the contents of the Bible?

Should we assume that Koresh's amazing capacity for memorization was an indication that he spoke with absolute authority when he taught the Bible?

Should we assume that one's familiarization with Rev. 16:21 is evidence that their interpretation is authoritative?

Tcg
Good question. What is your interpretation? Or are you going to opt out and say you're not familiar with Rev 16:21 and admit you have no idea what it's saying? A lot of questions in this post, no answers though. It might be a good idea to not question others unless you have answer yourself. Otherwise its just a troll post. The question was, "how many people are going to have to Google because they've never even heard of this verse?" You didn't answer the question of the OP or as a reply to JW. Are you brave enough to answer either question? Or are you just going to amuse us with your ability to avoid an answer?

Tcg
Savant

Post #25

Post by Tcg »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Timothy what are you asking, how many people are going to have to Google because they've never even heard of this verse?
I've recently learned that David Koresh had the Bible in its entirety committed to memory. Perhaps you have done the same. Does it weaken the argument others may present if they, like many mere mortals, have to refer to some documentation to verify the contents of the Bible?

Should we assume that Koresh's amazing capacity for memorization was an indication that he spoke with absolute authority when he taught the Bible?

Should we assume that one's familiarization with Rev. 16:21 is evidence that their interpretation is authoritative?

Tcg
Good question.
Yes it is. I notice that even though you appreciate it, you didn't answer the question you like so much.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

woodtick
Student

Post #26

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #27

Post by Difflugia »

woodtick wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 amFor me to explain the Islamic connection to the prophecies of the last days would be to hijack the thread. Hailstones are part of - the latter part of the 7th vial.
If you have the inclination, then, I'd like to read your explanation as a separate topic. If you don't want to debate it, maybe post a monologue in Random Ramblings.

woodtick
Student

Post #28

Post by woodtick »

Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #29

Post by 2timothy316 »

Tcg wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:51 am
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Tcg
Good question.
Yes it is. I notice that even though you appreciate it, you didn't answer the question you like so much.

Tcg
Nor did you answer you own. I was waiting to see what your answer was. You kind of left us all hanging as to how your questions mattered in the debate. You answered a question with a question. While familiarization is not evidence that a person' interpretation is authoritative but I can't see how a person that is not familiar with the scripture at all is better. Please explain how a person that is unfamiliar with a scripture is better. I await your dazzling response should decide to do so.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #30

Post by 2timothy316 »

woodtick wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:04 am [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #23]
I learned what I know through my own studies. I've not read any books on the subject of the end-times in the last 25-30 years. For me to explain the Islamic connection to the prophecies of the last days would be to hijack the thread. Hailstones are part of - the latter part of the 7th vial.
Wow! 25-30 years?! I read books and study on the scriptures on the end times weekly. What I discerned 25-30 year ago has changed from what I discern now.
The vials affect the earth, sea, rivers, sun, seat of the beast, the Euphrates, and after the demonic forces are gathered at Armageddon, the hailstones come. The 7th vial is the most significant as it consist of thunders, lightnings, a great earthquake, the great city (Babylon) was divided into three parts, the cities of the nations fell, and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, every island fled away, and the mountains were not found... - and THEN the hailstones come!

The Daniel 7, Revelation 13 and 17 beast originate in Islam and the Arab's/Persians. Who do you say they represent? Rome? USA? EU? UN?
This is where a reference Bible comes in handy. The beasts and their order of appearance are the order of world empires that will involve God's people. Each conquering the one before it. Starting with Babylon and King Belsazzar who was conquered by Cyrus the Great of the Medo-Persian empire. Who was then conquered by Alexander the Great who ruled over Macedonia, Greece and the Persian empire. Finally the last beast is Rome which subdues Persia, Macedonia and Greece.

Beast of Daniel 7:4
"The first one was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were plucked out, and it was lifted up from the earth and was made to stand up on two feet like a man, and it was given the heart of a man."

Who it Represents: Babylon. In the Bible Babylon is described as being both an lion and has having wings of an eagle. (Jeremiah 4:5-7; 50:17; Lamentations 4:19; Habakkuk 1:6-8.)

Beast of Daniel 7:5
"And look! another beast, a second one, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, ‘Get up, eat much flesh.’"

Who it represents: Media and Persia. (Daniel 2:39; 5:28; 8:3; 8:20)

Beast of Daniel 7:6
“After this I kept watching, and look! another beast, like a leopard, but on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. And the beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule."

Who it represents: Alexander the Great's rule of Macedonia and Greece. After the death of Alexander the Great, his kingdom was divided up by his four generals. This is where we tie in the 'four heads' of the leopard. Daniel was not told the name Alexander. To get this answer we have to look to the history books and see who conquered the Persians. That person was Alexander the Great.
https://www.ancient.eu/Alexander_the_Great/

Beast of Daniel 7:7
"“After this I kept watching in the visions of the night, and I saw a fourth beast, fearsome and terrifying and unusually strong, and it had large iron teeth. It was devouring and crushing, and what was left it trampled down with its feet. It was different from all the other beasts that were prior to it, and it had ten horns."

Who it represents: Rome. The Roman empire was certainly different from the previous empires. Carving out the largest empire of them all and also the strongest empire of them all.

All this leads us to the Beast of Revelation 13:1, 2. Where we read that this beast has something from all the beast in Daniel 7. The bear, the lion, the leopard and the ten horns of the last beast. There is only one organization that we know of today is mash up of many nations that has been, "given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation." (Rev 13:7) That is the United Nations.