who is 666? my opinion

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

who is 666? my opinion

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Revelation 13:18)
gematria is a calculation, a number from a name, a word, a phrase. every letter has a number allocated. the amount of all numbers is the number allocated to that word. if in latin alphabet, you allocate to the letter z, the number 1 and to next letters in inverse order of the alphabet, you allocate 2,3,4, etc, until 10, then 10,20,30, etc, until 100, then 100,200,300, etc, until last letter a, the word (name) hitler is 666. h=100, i=90, t=7, l=60, e=400, r=9. this is one of many possible gematries. in "real" gematria, the hebrew alphabet, nero is the only famous person with the number 666.
caesar neron = nron qsr = נרונ קסר
resh (ר) samekh (ס) qoph (ק) nun (נ) vav (ו) resh (ר) nun (נ)
200 + 60 + 100 + 50 + 6 + 200 + 50 = 666
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. (Revelation 17:8)
from this quote, we can understand the beast (666) will live two times. what similarities have hitler and nero? both they fought jews, both they killed themselves after they lost the war, both were the biggest killers in the history of humanity, nero killed paul and peter, in one word: 666. maybe God gave two chances to 666 to be a human, but he refused those.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: who is 666? my opinion

Post #71

Post by JehovahsWitness »

woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm You are avoiding nearly all of my questions so this is my last try because you have no depth, and this discussion has become unproductive.
I understand, I taken it this will be your last post, so have an excellent week. I'll just go ahead and deal with a few points I haven't covered yet.

Bye,

JW

RELATED POSTS
Do death and Hades survive inside the lake of fire?
viewtopic.php?p=1012469#p1012469

Why can we conclude the Wild beast doesnt represent any single state or individual ?
viewtopic.php?p=1018935#p1018935

Is "666" mentioned in Revelation a person?
viewtopic.php?p=1012474#p1012474

WHAT does it mean that the wild beast's number ("666" ) is " the number of a man?
viewtopic.php?p=1018797#p1018797

Who (or what) is the false prophet mentioned in the book of REVELATION ? [ INDEX]
viewtopic.php?p=1012481#p1012481
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

woodtick
Student

Post #72

Post by woodtick »

Bye
Last edited by woodtick on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #73

Post by otseng »

woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pmbecause you have no depth
Moderator Comment

Please do not make any negative comments about other posters.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #74

Post by PinSeeker »

woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm
PinSeeker wrote:That's not what he asserted, Woodtick. He said, and I quote, "the beast's dominance is global" (emphasis mine). And his assertion is true, and unmistakable upon reading Revelation 13:3-4, which says:
"And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, 'Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?' ” (emphasis mine)
You call that a detailed answer to my question?
Certainly as detailed as it needs to be, yes. It's a direct quote from the Bible that directly answers your question. If you don't accept it, I have no problem with that. But, well, in an analogous sense, if you ask what color something is, and I say, "royal blue," is that "not enough detail" for you? If so, wow.
woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm
not to mention downright mean-spirited and hateful.
And then for you to accuse me of being mean-spirited and hateful because of that???
Your "reply" is what it is... or was what it was... yes. Mean-spirited and hateful. Now. Are YOU mean-spirited and hateful? Well I don't know. Are you? I gather your answer is no. Well, okay, but your reply to Jehovah's Witness was mean-spirited and hateful.
woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm It's no wonder I have such an unfavorable opinion of Christians and refuse to call myself one!
JW -- and now I -- have been very amicable toward you, woodtick.
woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm See you guys later! I'm among the wrong crowd.
Right on, man. Grace and peace to you.

woodtick
Student

Post #75

Post by woodtick »

[Replying to otseng in post #73]
I realize JW has over 15,000 post and PS is pushing 2,000. This post of mine makes 78. You give me a warning for saying, "he has no depth".

Yet you have no problem with PS accusing me of being mean spirited and hate just for saying "he has no depth"???

I removed all my replies and I'll see you later. One word describes you - BIASED!

I should be working on my website instead of dealing with you guys.

Carry on

The Tanager
Savant

Post #76

Post by The Tanager »

woodtick wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pmBye
Moderator Comment

No unconstructive one-liners posts are allowed in debates (see rule 9).

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.